***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Couple things:

-First I want to make sure that you understand that I am calling the "lazy blacks" dog whistle nonsense because it is racist bull****. I am just pointing out that conservatives run to that dog whistle to discredit the program that is clearly working well. I am saying that while conservatives frame food stamps as a program that just helps undeserving black folk, that in reality it also helps poor white people, and college students too. Conservatives try to put this negative racial cloud over the program, in reality, most people on the program are white.

-Second, let us be careful. Don't fall for the trap conservatives set. Conservatives also want you to believe fraud is rampant with the program but it is actually very low compared to how big it is. So these "I see people doing this and that" feeds into that talking point. Do some people finesse the system, sure. Do most, hell no. The overwhelming majority of folk use it properly. The anti-SNAP rhetoric is uniquely anti-black but doesn't mean we have to throw other races under the bus to push that against conservatives nonsense.

Glad you cleared that up. I will also add that it's usually Libs that are takers. You STOLE the last piece of Sweet Potato Pie after we mopped up Uncle Zelle.

I get that part. A friend of mine finessed the system in college and lived in section 8 housing.

But how do you do this with a family?

As long as your older than a certain age, 24 I believe and meet the income requirements, you're eligible. Doesn't matter how many people are in the house

All the wild **** that has happened every day I forget the former NSA was part of a plot to kidnap a human being on behalf of Turkey
dwill.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
In a narrow context, Douthat is not wrong. If we have to choose between two ruling classes where one is white supremacist, patriarchal and plutocratic and is also flashy and unscrupulous and the other is white supremacist, patriarchal and plutocratic but is more restrained in its aesthetic and at least feels like they have some obligation to their country, of course we’d choose the latter.

What we should aspire to is not having to choose which terrible clique will rule over us. The essence of leftist politics is that we don’t have a ruling class.

^^ Can recommend Maddow's "Bagman" enough, she's the beacon that will get me through this storm of stupidity and corruption.

Couple things:

-First I want to make sure that you understand that I am calling the "lazy blacks" dog whistle nonsense because it is racist bull****. I am just pointing out that conservatives run to that dog whistle to discredit the program that is clearly working well. I am saying that while conservatives frame food stamps as a program that just helps undeserving black folk, that in reality it also helps poor white people, and college students too. Conservatives try to put this negative racial cloud over the program, in reality, most people on the program are white.

-Second, let us be careful. Don't fall for the trap conservatives set. Conservatives also want you to believe fraud is rampant with the program but it is actually very low compared to how big it is. So these "I see people doing this and that" feeds into that talking point. Do some people finesse the system, sure. Do most, hell no. The overwhelming majority of folk use it properly. The anti-SNAP rhetoric is uniquely anti-black but doesn't mean we have to throw other races under the bus to push that against conservatives nonsense.

Most Welfare recipients are white?

Back
Top Bottom