***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Quite a few referrals” have already been made according to Republican chairman Richard Burr. He’s also sure they’re not the last. Cohen’s lying to Congress was not amongst the referrals according to an aide.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...efer-more-cases-of-suspected-lying-to-mueller
Intel panel expects to refer more cases of suspected lying to Mueller
Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said Thursday that the Senate Intelligence Committee has made "quite a few referrals" to special counsel Robert Mueller of cases where witnesses questioned in the panel’s Russia probe were suspected of lying, adding he expects there will be more.

“We’ve made quite a few referrals,” Burr, who chairs the Senate panel, told The Hill on Thursday afternoon. “I won’t get into the numbers, but where we have found criminality, we have made those referrals, and I’m sure that they’re not the last."

The Senate GOP chairman first revealed in November that the committee had referred cases of suspected lying to Mueller as the panel investigates Russian interference in the 2016 election and whether members of the Trump campaign coordinated with Moscow.
His latest comments come after President Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen pleaded guilty last month to lying to the House and Senate Intelligence committees about plans to build a Trump property in Moscow.

Cohen, who also agreed to cooperate in Mueller’s sprawling investigation, has admitted to lying to Congress in order to minimize Trump’s connection to the proposed project and to limit the ongoing Russia probes.

The former Trump lawyer was sentenced to three years in federal prison on Wednesday for other crimes and will serve a two month sentence concurrently for lying to Congress.

A committee aide told The Hill that the panel did not refer Cohen’s case to Mueller. Instead, Mueller was able to review the transcript from Cohen’s interview with the committee in October 2017 after obtaining consent from Cohen’s attorney, the aide said.

The Senate panel has interviewed a slew of witnesses behind closed doors in its Russia investigation over the course of nearly two years, but lawmakers have signaled that they are not finished with the probe.

The panel has requested to interview Cohen again, among others. Burr said Thursday he is “fairly confident” the probe will wrap up in the spring.

“It’s just a question of how long it takes us to wrap up the remaining folks that we need to interview and those that we need to call back,” Burr said.

It is unclear who the committee believes may have lied during their testimony, or how many referrals the panel has made to the special counsel.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the likely incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said after Cohen's plea that he believes others lied in their testimony before the House panel in its now-defunct Russia probe.

Since Cohen pleaded guilty, some attention has been paid to the transcript of September 2017 testimony from Donald Trump Jr., President Trump’s eldest son, before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Trump Jr. told lawmakers then that the discussions about a possible Trump Tower Moscow within the Trump Organization “faded away I believe at the end of ’14” and “certainly” did not take place in 2016.

Those details conflict with Cohen’s account to Mueller. According to court filings in the case of Trump’s former lawyer, the discussions continued as late at June 2016, at which point Trump was the presumptive Republican nominee for president. Cohen also briefed Trump and members of his family about the project, prosecutors said.

An attorney for Trump Jr. did not immediately return a request for comment.

Trump Jr. testified before the House and Senate Intelligence committees in December 2017. Neither committee has publicly released a transcript his testimony, though the House panel voted to release transcripts of dozens of interviews from its investigation in September. The transcripts, including one from Trump Jr.’s interview, have been passed to the Director of National Intelligence for a classification review.

Others have pleaded guilty to false statements charges in connection with Mueller's probe, such as former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos, both of whom admitted to lying to FBI agents about their Russia contacts. Flynn is scheduled for sentencing next week.

Meanwhile, Trump has increasingly lashed out at Mueller's investigation, describing it as a partisan-led "witch hunt" and denying there was collusion between the campaign and Moscow.

Last edited:
From syphilis?

On Thursday night, MSNBC’s All In with Chris Hayes aired footage of a presentation by Microsoft founder Bill Gates, in which the billionaire philanthropist told audience members at a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation event that on two separate occasions, he had to explain to Trump that H.I.V. and H.P.V. are, in fact, not the same thing. The former, human immunodeficiency virus, is a sexually transmitted infection that can lead to AIDS. The latter, human papillomavirus, is an S.T.D. that causes genital warts and, in some cases, cervical cancer. “Both times he wanted to know if there was a difference between H.I.V. and H.P.V., so I was able to explain that those are rarely confused with each other,” Gates told the crowd. Trump, incidentally, is alleged to have forgone prophylactics during sexual encounters with adult-film stars and Playboy models, and has called dodging S.T.D.s his “personal Vietnam.” Women’s vaginas, he told Howard Stern in 1997, are “potential landmines” and “there’s some real danger there.”)

:rofl: Got em! So to sum this up, people who broke the law went to jail. I thought everybody in here was in support of people going to jail if they "break our laws"?
I've noticed your reading comprehension is pretty lacking, but feel free to let us know where "everybody in here" said they were "in support of people going to jail if they 'break our laws'".

I've noticed your reading comprehension is pretty lacking, but feel free to let us know where "everybody in here" said they were "in support of people going to jail if they 'break our laws'".

Oh look it's thee biggest hypocrite in here! Still waiting to hear where you sending checks big baller.

:rofl: Got em! So to sum this up, people who broke the law went to jail. I thought everybody in here was in support of people going to jail if they "break our laws"?
I have already addressed people like you....

**** Trump, **** this administration, **** the GOP, **** ICE, and **** anyone that defends this even a little bit.

Was this posted in here already, or is this thread only for bashing? Explain this level of "White supremacy" RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ...

Crumbs mean nothing when people deserve their slice of the cake. Every little bit helps but let us remember these clowns right now are trying to disenfranchise black people, fight against major policy to help black people, want to institute unconstitutional **** like stop-n-frisk, and more **** that would take me all night to name. Plus this sounds like "urban renewal" by a different name. Give companies tax breaks to come to areas, give black folk jobs, then cause a mini housing crisis to drive them out the area and let developers get more land to build luxury units.

Let me make something clear yo your white supremacy cheer-leading self, don't bring these little PR moves by Trump in front of me and expect me to be thankful to his pile of racist ****. I am not that variety of black man

Last edited:
You idiot.

First, you missed the "legal" in front of "immigrant," which suggests that they are here legally.

Second, you don't seem to realize that not all crimes are deportable offenses (you know, like getting a speeding ticket or the kind of misdemeanor that would result in community service), but they seem to be treated the same by ICE, which is more than happy to make the public believe that those folks are all "dangerous and violent criminals" (even though they have maintained the ability to live legally in the US).

Third, I am not surprised that you would be delighted by the tactics of ICE to exploit compassion and empathy. That's pretty animalistic of you, superior human being. Not to mention that judges have actually rebuked this entrapment practice that ICE seems fond of because it disrupts the administration of Justice within US courthouses:

Judges Ask ICE to Make Courts Off Limits To Immigration Arrests

But of course, you don't truly care about Justice; you're only driven by revenge and resentment.

epfwGbq.jpg

Was this posted in here already, or is this thread only for bashing? Explain this level of "White supremacy" RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ...

This meant EVERYTHING to me. Beautiful video. The entire Coal Gang was in that room too, even Rusty himself.

Benjamin Barson looking sharp too.

Can't wait to see President Donald Trump come to Baltimore and walk the streets without security. He is so beloved that I'm sure he will be fine. More than fine. They will lead a parade in his honor.

Libs have nothing left.

In a better economic system, new robotics and artificial intelligence should be a good thing.

Unfortunately we have an economic system that requires most people to earn a wage or die. A superior economic system would take the overall gains from increasingly sophisticated mechanization and convert them into more material prosperity and leisure time for the mass of people.

The introduction of new and better machines in the economy should be something makes us all better off and frees workers from drudgery. Instead we it set up in such a way that technology immiserates working people.

In a better economic system, new robotics and artificial intelligence should be a good thing.

Unfortunately we have an economic system that requires most people to earn a wage or die. A superior economic system would take the overall gains from increasingly sophisticated mechanization and convert them into more material prosperity and leisure time for the mass of people.

The introduction of new and better machines in the economy should be something makes us all better off and frees workers from drudgery. Instead we it set up in such a way that technology immiserates working people.

That's my problem with this stuff - it could be used to greatly benefit society but if things continue the way they are we'll have some oligarchs getting rid of all their (minimum wage) workers, but instead of that development being used to help everyone as you described well they will just use it to increase the wealth gap even more significantly - we'll have 3 people with all the money and everyone else will literally be in the poor house as there will be no jobs for anyone. That's not an exaggeration - there will literally be no need for workers so no way to feed and house your family and without thought as to how that will work the consequences will be catastrophic.

Back
Top Bottom