***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You're contradicting yourself.

A faillure to think critically would be to not engage in "what ifs" and conclude rather than speculate.
Likewise, a failure to think critically would be to ignore all negative reporting, because it is news reporting, and refrain from discussing.

When a explosive report like that comes out, people are going to speculate. That is how humans work.
Given the very serious potential implications, you can't really ignore such a report in good faith. It warrants examination to get down to the bottom of it.
The Special Counsel spokesman has taken that important step, though I think he should've issued a more clear and forceful refutal. I suspect the vague lawyerly wording of the statement will draw speculation of its own as well, especially with Buzzfeed continuing to stand by their reporting.

News reporting should always be taken with a healthy dose of salt, some more than others. I generally don't point that out as I don't feel it is necessary, it's a very basic principle.
No confirmation of their reporting by other outlets was already a clear red flag.

That being said, those same two Buzzfeed reporters had all the details on the Trump Tower Moscow project back in eaerdrly-mid 2018. Those details were later confirmed in Cohen's guilty plea for lying to Congress. For a long time that report stood on its own without confirmation too, hence why I was willing to slightly lower my initial skepticism.

If you think that it was a good decision to give this report the energy the major news networks did all day yesterday then we can agree to disagree on that point. The reality is that the lack of skepticism was likely due to bias. People "wanted" it to be true. Because people "want" Trump impeached.

I think yesterday was a bad day for media credibility in the eyes of many American viewers. I don't think it will play well long term when they cover the next unconfirmed story non-stop.

And there you go extrapolating again. The Special Consel office was asked to elaborate on what is inaccurate about the story, especially since the BuzzFeed news team stands by it.

And the gall of you asking about trying to dispute policies.

So you still believe the buzzfeed story?

This is the relevant statement:
“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate,” said Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller.

This seems pretty unambiguous. A direct contradiction to the article. But, it is interesting if you are skeptical of the Mueller team.

This is why due process is important. I know the echo chamber prefers the court of public opinion. No real check and balances on allegations and "sources."

Also, I am open to discuss policies. Is there one you want to address?

one of the most egregious examples of sensationalism was how the media and country handled it when Comey said they were investigation Hillary's emails again.

we've known for 3 years now that Trump is guilty of many things. no evidence has contradicted that claim. Mueller has been very very careful to avoid commenting on where the investigation stands on Trump because of the sensitivity of the matter. the only thing we know about it is that the SCO is careful to protect their secrecy on this, and yesterday's denial fits this pattern.

the lie here is that we are basing everything off the dossier and the BuzzFeed story. :lol:

if you think this has a happy ending for Trump, well...

tumblr_mnsq3zabl11s37oxao1_r1_500.gif

A continued further examination of Jerome Corsi in light of his new subpoena from the Senate Intel Committee. He has said he will be contesting the subpoena. He still has a joint defense agreement with Trump despite never having served on the Trump campaign, transition or in the WH. Mueller's interest in Corsi is strongly focused on 'collusion', Roger Stone and perjury.

Transcript from Jerome Corsi interview with Ari Melber on November 28 2018:
Spacing between the images means they should not be read as a continuation of the previous image excerpt.
http://www.msnbc.com/transcripts/msnbc-live-with-ari-melber/2018-11-28
95d4261af3e6c50b97d1a03b75afeb25.png

34753e4183c3c0b35783656e985e2f9d.png

(Cut out some unnecessary back and forth between the above and below excerpt)
6d7106542377cc639c52d32c7f9d4de1.png

Here Corsi seems to admit Roger Stone was suborning perjury and vice versa.
He states he provided immunized testimony about the effort with Stone to lie about the Podesta information.
5102f48c3cc63241401c23da3e814cbc.png

Jerome Corsi interview with Ari Melber on January 8:
http://www.msnbc.com/transcripts/msnbc-live-with-ari-melber/2019-01-08
ff29fbd640901a37d333c3fbfe0bf042.png

Corsi says his excuse for deleting the emails is that his laptop "needed space."
Deleting emails would be an utterly useless way of clearing space, even a huge collection of emails.
7fe73a334ac45978fda83d3c037ae084.png

d87c3880486d6350fd11e21fc309f529.png

Last edited:
Inacccurate: My wife thought I ate 3 pancakes for breakfast today.

Accurate: I actually had 2 pancakes today.

Inaccurate: The number of pancakes I ate.

Accurate: I ate pancakes.

The mueller team disputing the report based on inaccuracy does not mean such things in the report are completely false.

:rofl:

Don't lose that energy. You'll get em soon enough!

one last news story for now... Trump's "major announcement" today is some half-baked partisan plan to coerce Democrats into funding the wall. Bad idea. AOC and Nancy have the crowd now:

live footage of Trump describing his "major announcement" to friends:

OldSentimentalKillerwhale-size_restricted.gif

these kids need to go back to whatever ****hole country their rapist criminal ancestors came from:

Whenever I hear that the US is trash or whatever from people living elsewhere and then see things like this i can’t help and agree that they have a point

Really quick too I wish the worst to all those kids. I don’t care

Last edited:
one last news story for now... Trump's "major announcement" today is some half-baked partisan plan to coerce Democrats into funding the wall. Bad idea. AOC and Nancy have the crowd now:

live footage of Trump describing his "major announcement" to friends:

OldSentimentalKillerwhale-size_restricted.gif

Let me guess

- it’s the dems fault
- so much drugs
- so much guns
- all rapists
- random statistics that aren’t verified
- Hilary
- dems
- what about Obama
- it’s the dems fault
- emails
- prayer rugs
- Hilary
- Hilary

You cannot fix this system from the outside, you cannot fix this sexist, racist system from within. It must implode first, before any conversation about the future begins. Right now the Trump administration is doing exactly that in the US, exposing how white privilege works, and then for who. The government shut down proves that the white patriarchal structure that is in power, does not even care for its own. This thing will destroy itself from within. Anyone of color who tries to save it, is a damned fool.

This is why due process is important. I know the echo chamber prefers the court of public opinion. No real check and balances on allegations and "sources."

Also, I am open to discuss policies. Is there one you want to address?
I'm not sure if you've noticed but this is a discussion forum. This is by definition the court of public opinion, which you are also participating in.

How exactly would a poster have to put a check and balance on anonymous sourcing? It's not like any of us are law enforcement investigating those matters or in the government with subpoena power.

Arguably the most important political reporting in any US scandal was entirely anonymous from start to finish. Deep Throat's identity remained secret for many years thereafter as well, until he passed away. Woodward and Bernstein's reporting stood alone plenty of times. Additionally they also made some errors, one of which was so significant that it got Woodward and Bernstein close to resigning.
They had reported that a witness provided testimony to a grand jury about H.R. Haldeman's role in the Watergate scandal.
The substance of that report was correct but the attribution was not. It didn't come before the grand jury.

Last edited:
Trump will not offer a new proposal. He will continue to threaten people with their paychecks and blame everyone else

Yeah didn't a Pulitzer prize winning investigative journalist with a verified history unearth this? I'd relax if I were them.
Again, trumps team did NOT deny anything. A couple backpeddled and attempted to spin it in a “well I never said _____” before the story was said to NOT be everything the clickbait headline said it was. Trump himself tried to smear the dude NOT the story. They’re ****ed

Last edited:
Again, trumps team did NOT deny anything. A couple backpeddled and attempted to spin it in a “well I never said _____” before the story was said to NOT be everything g the clickbait headline said it was. Trump himself tried to smear the dude NOT the story. They’re ****ed

You have zero idea what you are talking about.

Here is an article that directly disputes your claim:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...d-trump-told-michael-cohen-to-lie-to-congress

Back
Top Bottom