***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think that it is clear, but perhaps I should clarify my position on due process since the echo chamber wants to mock such an important safe guard.

Due process is necessary as it relates to criminal and/or civil allegations. The erosion of it has not worked out well for people that look like me.

As far as I know, there are not criminal allegations against Northam. He is a Democratic governor that has admitted doing blackface.

Mocking the importance of due process doesn’t work with this fact pattern. I know the echo chamber wants to shift the narrative but it is what it is.

MI.gif

Why are you so against due process? Due process isn't always afforded to people that look like you. You are the resident defender of due process. He denied being in the picture. He was asked to resign because he was allegedly in the picture not because of what he may or may not have done at a MJ concert.

Are you okay with the democratic governor doing a blackface Michael Jackson?

I think that it is clear, but perhaps I should clarify my position on due process since the echo chamber wants to mock such an important safe guard.

Due process is necessary as it relates to criminal and/or civil allegations. The erosion of it has not worked out well for people that look like me.

As far as I know, there are not criminal allegations against Northam. He is a Democratic governor that has admitted doing blackface.

Mocking the importance of due process doesn’t work with this fact pattern. I know the echo chamber wants to shift the narrative but it is what it is.

Due process comrade. You weren't taking this approach with Roy Moore. I wonder why?

Excerpt:
aee5fcc66b2efd7690b2a44affc78891.png

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/04/washington-post-justin-fairfax-assault-accusation-1145317
Washington Post contradicts portion of Virginia lieutenant governor's statement denying sexual assault
The Washington Post weighed in Monday on an unsubstantiated sexual assault accusation against Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, pushing back on Fairfax’s claim that the paper found “significant red flags and inconsistencies within the allegations.”

The accusation surfaced Sunday night on the fledgling conservative website Big League Politics, the same site that on Friday unearthed a racist photo on Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s yearbook that has gravely imperiled his governorship.

Fairfax ripped the allegations against him in a statement posted to Twitter around 3 a.m. on Monday in which he threatened legal action against “those attempting to spread this defamatory and false allegation.”

The statement, attributed to his chief of staff and communications director, said that Fairfax was aware of the accusation against him and that his accuser had approached the Post before his inauguration last year. It said that the Post “carefully investigated the claim for several months” and decided not to publish a story “after being presented with facts inconsistent” with Fairfax’s denial, “the absence of any evidence corroborating the allegation, and significant red flags and inconsistencies within the allegations.”

On Monday, the Post acknowledged that it had looked into the allegations, but took issue with Fairfax’s claim that it found “significant red flags and inconsistencies.”
The accusations center around a sexual encounter that both parties acknowledge took place in a hotel room in 2004, though through an attorney Fairfax said that the encounter was consensual, according to the Post.

“Fairfax and the woman told different versions of what happened in the hotel room with no one else present” and ultimately “The Washington Post could not find anyone who could corroborate either version,” reporter Theresa Vargas wrote in an article published Monday.

"The Post did not find 'significant red flags and inconsistencies within the allegations,' as the Fairfax statement incorrectly said," Vargas added.

Big League Politics did not speak to Fairfax’s accuser, but reposted the claims of a tipster who claimed to have permission from the accuser to share her private Facebook post cryptically referring to a 2004 assault without mentioning Fairfax by name.

The site, which was founded by a former Breitbart and Daily Caller reporter, acknowledged over the weekend its partiality to "America First Trumpism."

Fairfax faces the growing possibility that he could soon assume the governorship in Virginia if Northam bows to pressure from the highest echelons of the Democratic Party over the racist photo. Northam remains defiant and adamant that he is neither the man pictured in a Ku Klux Klan costume nor the man in blackface that appears on his page, but has said he appeared in blackface on a separate occasion in the past.

Fairfax has stood by Northam’s side through the ordeal, and though he said he was “shocked and saddened” by the photo, the Post reported that as the scandal first unfolded he “called his wife and two young children to prepare them for the possibility of relocating to Richmond.”

It really is amazing just how many brazen lies he can pack into barely 2 minutes.
The full interview was filled with lies from start to finish, where he even went as far as defending Russian intelligence (GRU) and the Internet Researrch Agency's crimes relating to interfering with the US elections, dismissing them as just "bloggers from Moscow."

a4ff08626c224323182fdc9f047c54c0.png

Last edited:
Sherrod Brown just got my attention and quite possibly my vote. That’s what we need.....more people to call out Trump accordingly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...-fairfax-sexual-assault-allegation/index.html

I wonder if people on this thread will call Fairfax a rapist based on this allegation.

Ya know how the echo chamber does. Or maybe allegations are only dispositive when Republicans are accused of something.
Ahhhh, I see it is false equivalency season at the Seal, Seal, & McGill Law Firm.

Let us have a full FBI investigation, if it has creeence, Fairfax can lose his job too.

See how simple it is not to be a morally bankrupt clown? Try it sometime.

Ahhhh, I see it is false equivalency season at the Seal, Seal, & McGill Law Firm.

Let us have a full FBI investigation, if it has creeence, Fairfax can lose his job too.

See how simple it is not to be a morally bankrupt clown? Try it sometime.

Clearly I believe that the allegation, alone, is insufficient. Because due process is important.

But a sexual assault allegation is what this thread hung on during the Kav hearing. I wonder if that same energy will be used re: Fairfax.

Back
Top Bottom