***Official Political Discussion Thread***

There's been a lot of chatter of Lizzy Warren becoming the VP nom after her endorsement...Hilary can call checkmate on Trump if that happens :lol:

Bernie and Obama are having a sit down soon.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall...

Last edited:
[thread="509493"]Quote:[/thread]
Bernie's thoughts on Bill Clinton running for reelection in 1996:

Even Bernie knows the damage letting a conservative president take over will have on the progressive movement.
This is ridiculous. We have to settle for moderate democrats because there's a powerful Right that doesn't care about 99% of the population.

We?

You voted in 1996 famb?

Hillary is not a moderate democrat. And she will only be as liberal as Congress allows. Whether it be Bern or Hill, progressives need to focus on getting Congress back.

And that only really happens if moderate dems like Bill, can flourishing in the South.

Last edited:
:lol:

In any case,this should be one of the most entertaining presidential races in quite a while...

Cant wait for the debates :lol:

Last edited:
We?

You voted in 1996 famb?

Hillary is not a moderate democrat. And she will only be as liberal as Congress allows. Whether it be Bern or Hill, progressives need to focus on getting Congress back.

And that only really happens if moderate dems like Bill, can flourishing in the South.
We as in American Citizens. 

Nope too young.

Getting congress back? Progressives had Congress before? I don't think anyone can definitively say what Hillary is or isn't.

Welp.

laugh.gif

In any case,this should be one of the most entertaining presidential races in quite a while...

Cant wait for the debates
laugh.gif
All we need is Charles Barkley to moderate the debates. 

People can't seriously consider Donald Trump as a real option lol. 

We?

You voted in 1996 famb?

We as in American Citizens. 

Nope too young.

Getting congress back? Progressives had Congress before? I don't think anyone can definitively say what Hillary is or isn't.

Welp.

You have her policy proposals, you have her voting records. Everyone that has looked into this puts her as on of the most liberal members of the Senate.

Progressive will never control the Congress, but the only way anything remotely progressive gets done is for the Democratic to have a supermajority.

[thread="509493"]Quote:[/thread]
Bernie's thoughts on Bill Clinton running for reelection in 1996:

Even Bernie knows the damage letting a conservative president take over will have on the progressive movement.
This is ridiculous. We have to settle for moderate democrats because there's a powerful Right that doesn't care about 99% of the population.

Old People Vote..

That's why we have to settle for the Moderate Democratic Party.

Until young people (

Last edited:
We?

You voted in 1996 famb?

I disagree a bit about the South. My understanding is that outside of Charlotte, Atlanta and some college towns, there just are not that many whites who vote Democrat. So you have black voters and a pretty reliably liberal 20% of white people down there and you have most white voters locked in as Republicans. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of persuadable swing voters in that part of the Country and turnout seems to be the key to winning Democratic seats.

In short, the South is an exaggerated version of the Country at large and has very, very few swing voters who will be impressed by a candidate's moderation and consensus building skills.

We?

You voted in 1996 famb?

I disagree a bit about the South. My understanding is that outside of Charlotte, Atlanta and some college towns, there just are not that many whites who vote Democrat. So you have black voters and a pretty reliably liberal 20% of white people down there and you have most white voters locked in as Republicans. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of persuadable swing voters in that part of the Country and turnout seems to be the key to winning Democratic seats.

In short, the South is an exaggerated version of the Country at large and has very, very few swing voters who will be impressed by a candidate's moderation and consensus building skills.

I'm not saying that the Democratic Party can win back the South. However, for there to even be chance we get a Supermajority to get anything done, there needs to progress made in that area.

Progressives, nor liberal democrats would have a chance in the few areas that maybe be open to having a Democrat. Moderates/Blue Dogs are they only hope.

Even though, very few things infuriate me more than a moderate Democrat. To this day I still hope I can catch Joe Lieberman in the streets, I got a fade I been meaning to run his bought ***.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom