***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I am never taking DWalk serious again

He only makes this appeals to order after he has lost control of the discussion and people start shading him.

He is full of **** and an insencere troll.

Doesn't matter if he is white, black, teal, orange, a lawyer, frycook, marine animal or surgeon. He is a dude that choses to act like a clown over having a serious discussion.

He can miss me with all this pearl clutching he is doing this morning.

Last edited:
I am never taking DWalk serious again

He only makes this appeals to order after he has lost control of the discussion and people start shading him.

He is full of **** and a insencere troll.

Doesn't matter if he is white, black, teal, orange, a lawyer, frycook, marine animal or surgeon. He is a dude that choses to act like a clown over having a serious discussion.

He can miss me with all this pearl clutching he is doing this morning.

As is pretty obvious, it is not me that is refusing to sincerely engage.

Most truck drivers I know aren’t conservative.

I’m in mn though. I’m sure the good ol boys down south are but they are conservative in general.

Yup simple as that. Have a real conversation instead of trying to set logic traps for people you’re pretending to seriously engage with.

Obama got richer, therefore trump getting richer is a non issue. Isn’t real conversation. That’s not providing an outside perspective. That’s bait.

Last edited:
Yup simple as that. Have a real conversation instead of trying to set logic traps for people you’re pretending to seriously engage with.

Obama got richer, therefore trump getting richer is a non issue. Isn’t real conversation.

It is a fact that Obama's net worth doubled while he was in office. I added that fact to the discussion about Trump making money during his presidency.

How is that not a real conversation/contribution?

This exchange...

Someone in your coalition defends you and tells you gotta do better, and your response is a strawman.

This is one of the many problems I have with he old guard. nita shouldn’t have had a convo like this on tweeter, instead she should’ve met to break bread to discuss. Instead of drafting a resolution to censor her (so to speak), they should’ve brought her under their wing. This type of action alienates her & speaks volumes to me.

Omar’s message & replies are certainly “clunky” & possibly not well thought out but I’m tired of criticizisms levied against the government of that country & its lobbies here in the states & they cry antisemitism/racism...

Last edited:
It is a fact that Obama's net worth doubled while he was in office. I added that fact to the discussion about Trump making money during his presidency.

How is that not a real conversation/contribution?

Getting richer during the presidency wasn’t topic of discussion. Using the presidency while in office to postion companies you direcrly profit from as a tool is what the topic conversation was. You added your “fact” after the topic was already established to some how establish some equivalency.

Or simply to bait people into thinking that’s what you were saying.

This is one of the many problems I have with he old guard. nita shouldn’t have had a convo like this on tweeter, instead she should’ve met to break bread to discuss. Instead of drafting a resolution to censor her (so to speak), they should’ve brought her under their wing. This type of action alienates her & speaks volumes to me.

Her message is Omar’s message & replies are certainly “clunky” & possibly not well thought out but I’m tired of criticizisms levied against the government of that country & its lobbies here in the states & they cry antisemitism/racism...
Omar is in Twitter constantly. She stepped in it the last two times because of tweets. I agree all politicans should ease up on Twitter. However, in the left, people like Omar are the examples of politicans that are not doing themselves any favors by constantly using it

And they did ask her to apologize and clarify her statements again, but she refused...On Twitter. So that why they are having the vote.

I feel she is being treated unfairly but part of the blowback is because she is a repeat offender. And, again, she is kinda wrong.

Last edited:
Only 2 T-Mobile officials had stayed at Trump's DC hotel prior to the announcement of the merger. The very next day after the merger announcement, which needs approval from the Trump administration, 9 T-Mobile executives hired rooms and T-Mobile officials have since stayed at the DC Trump hotel for more than 50 nights.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/t-mob...ands-at-trump-dc-hotel-ahead-of-sprint-merger
T-Mobile Admits It Spent Thousands at Trump DC Hotel Ahead of Sprint Merger
In a letter to congressional Democrats, T-Mobile revealed it had spent $195,000 at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., while finalizing a merger with Sprint that required federal antitrust approval, The Washington Post reported Tuesday. “While we understand that staying at Trump properties might be viewed positively by some and negatively by others, we are confident that the relevant agencies address the questions before them on the merits,” Anthony Russo, T-Mobile USA’s vice president of federal legislative affairs, wrote in the Feb. 21 letter.

Before the $26 billion merger was announced, the Post reported only two T-Mobile officials had stayed at the president’s hotel. Since the announcement, T-Mobile execs have stayed at the hotel for more than 50 nights. The $195,000 was also used to pay for “meeting space, catering, business center services, audio/visual equipment rental, [and] lodging” at the hotel, the letter states, in response to questions posed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA).

Getting richer during the presidency wasn’t topic of discussion. Using the presidency while in office to postion companies you direcrly profit from as a tool is what the topic conversation was. You added your “fact” after the topic was already established to some how establish some equivalency.

Or simply to bait people into thinking that’s what you were saying.

Obama made money from lucrative book deals once he was elected, while in office. He did it while he was in the Senate as well. I am not saying anything is wrong with it. My point then, and now, is that most presidents increase their net worth while in office. As it relates to the immediate-past president, it was done with profits from outside ventures (namely lucrative book deals).

Obama made money from lucrative book deals once he was elected, while in office. He did it while he was in the Senate as well. I am not saying anything is wrong with it. My point then, and now, is that most presidents increase their net worth while in office. As it relates to the immediate-past president, it was done with profits from outside ventures (namely lucrative book deals).
And did Obama ever use the office of his presidency to actively promote his own private businesses? Issued an official presidential statement to promote his book? Did his WH aides/advisers provide public advertising for his business while he was in office? Did any of the US embassies publicly promote Obama's business while he was in office?

I have no idea why celebs and politicians even use twitter so heavy in the first place.
that would be the last platform you would catch me saying some crazy ****, but they can't help themselves.

See, why should anyone take this clear bull **** seriously?

I have no idea why celebs and politicians even use twitter so heavy in the first place.
that would be the last platform you would catch me saying some crazy ****, but they can't help themselves.
With the exception of Trump himself I'd say it's worse over here. It's like our government representatives just figured out the existence of hashtags and emojis and now they can't stop.
There's few words to describe just how corny my representatives act on twitter. Think of a bunch of 50-70 year olds tweeting like teenagers about government affairs.

Omar is in Twitter constantly. She stepped in it the last two times because of tweets. I agree all politicans should ease up on Twitter. However, in the left, people like Omar are the examples of politicans that are not doing themselves any favors by constantly using it

And they did ask her to apologize and clarify her statements again, but she refused...On Twitter. So that why they are having the vote.

I feel she is being treated unfairly but part of the blowback is because she is a repeat offender. And, again, she is kinda wrong.
I don’t think her point is wrong but I do think they way it was delivered is wrong.

I don’t think she should apologize either. She clarified her statement enough IMO when he blowback initially occurred.

475FC036-776E-4E1F-9823-10C35DBEE21F.jpeg
Found something

Belgium Belgium pretty much stated what I was going to.

And my point isn’t even to discuss merits of each side of the argument. It’s about your propensity to walk into conversations dropping statements that ignore the context of the conversation at hand, in the name of “presenting another perspective”.

You’re like the Russia of NT. Just here to cause disruption, and not contribute much else.

And did Obama ever use the office of his presidency to actively promote his own private businesses? Issued an official presidential statement to promote his book? Did his WH aides/advisers provide public advertising for his business while he was in office? Did any of the US embassies publicly promote Obama's business while he was in office?

Perhaps. Here is an excerpt from the State Dept. buying thousands of dollars of President Obama's books while he was in office.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...e-dept-buys-70k-of-obama-books/1#.XH6q5cBKiM8

Again, I am not saying that it is wrong. But profiting from the presidency is not new.

The reason I actually believe he’s a lawyer is cause there’s a method to how he engages people. He comes in like “I don’t have enough information to form my own opinion, but Here’s a counter to your argument that ignores the context your argument is founded on”.

He takes nonpositions on damn near everything aside from abortion so that he can’t be pinned down to make a definite statement. Like @KHUFU alluded to last week, dwalks here getting his ego’s rocks off because he feels like he’s arguing from an intellectually superior postion. Whether that’s because he’s a lawyer or not, who knows. But it’s super transparent and exactly why I don’t engage him seriously anymore because the favor won’t be returned.
He basically constantly mixes refusing to ever be wrong and trying to convince everyone they're insane. It's pretty indicative of a narcissist.

Back
Top Bottom