***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is one of the dumbest hot take libertarian graphics I have ever seen.
Facts. Food and clothing have been too cheap, for too long. It's time we make this change. We must increase the cost of food that McDonalds and Chik Fil A has been handing out on silver platters, and increase the price tags hanging from Carhartt and Big Dog tshirts across this nation tis of thee. Trade wars are easy to win, but to win the hearts and minds of Americans paying too little for their basic necessities? Much easier when they see the increased corporate profits that THEY contributed to. #buildthatwall

Dwalk reaction...
giphy.gif

These MF'ers will encourage Europeans to come here.....
Another Reason to Hate Hudson Yards
The billion-dollar luxury real estate project in Manhattan is exploiting a cash-for-visas program meant for the poor.
It would be hard to build a more damning case against the cash-for-visas program than Hudson Yards.

Manhattan’s gleaming new $25 billion development was financed in part through EB-5, a preferential immigration program that luxury developers have come to adore. This once-obscure category allows foreign nationals to purchase a family pack of visas by investing capital in job-creating businesses in the United States.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/opinion/hudson-yards.html

These MF'ers will encourage Europeans to come here.....
Another Reason to Hate Hudson Yards
The billion-dollar luxury real estate project in Manhattan is exploiting a cash-for-visas program meant for the poor.
It would be hard to build a more damning case against the cash-for-visas program than Hudson Yards.

Manhattan’s gleaming new $25 billion development was financed in part through EB-5, a preferential immigration program that luxury developers have come to adore. This once-obscure category allows foreign nationals to purchase a family pack of visas by investing capital in job-creating businesses in the United States.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/opinion/hudson-yards.html

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we already have "open borders" for the wealthy. Let's either let people fleeing violent and chaotic places have the same access or we subject the global 1% to scrutiny and "extreme vetting" and make them "wait in line" or tell them that our country is "full."

The Clintons were broke when Bill left office. Millions in the hole because of legal fees. Book deals (just like Bernie) and paid speeches are how they amassed their wealth. So spare me the "selling out to Wall Street" or corporate interest. It is a buzzword filled ad homiem attack that means nothing.

Btw, Carter was a massive centrist, right of any modern day centrist, and the Dems tried to stop his rise. Gore, also a centrist, was also a major environmentalist. Reagan took down Carter's solar panels. In all, I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

Reagan was also the one that start the major push for Cali universities. Yes it happened under Brown and the Dems but California voters pretty much guaranteed themselves tuition inflation because of their actions regarding taxation at the ballot box.

And is laughable that Bernie Sanders is playing chess given he thinks that his election by itself will cause the GOP to reverse course and start compromising to install social democracy. And if you are so worried about the GOP's racist agenda, then you should have major issues with Bernie being right of the field on immigration. And be demanding he adopt some of Booker's positions.

I mean seriously, it is ridiculous to think that Dems don't care about the climate or affordable college. Say they don't go far enough on the issue given the circumstances, fine, I agree, but don't ask me to ignore observable reality. I swear every Bernie supporter encounter demand I do that for the sake of making Bernie look comparatively better.
Hillary took money from special interests (common for both parties) and that is different than the money she raised from a book. Money from special interests comes with a catch.

I dont care if you make money from a book or selling jays as long as it doesnt come from Wall Street, Military Industrial Complex, Saudi Arabia, Oil and Gas, Pharma, Big Tech, or corporate lobbyists. Doesnt leave many options does it?.
Not a Dem candidates are created equal

???
What does Carter being a centrist have to do with this. I pointed him out to show that the climate change and college tuition struggle is not new.

BTW Reagan was the Governor who started charging tuition. He wanted to lower taxes for the rich so he reduced the subsidy to the UCs and told them to raise more money elsewhere.

We had two Governors named Brown. Pat and Jerry.

Last edited:
???
What does Carter being a centrist have to do with this. I pointed him out to show that the climate change and college tuition struggle is not new.

BTW Reagan was the Governor who started charging tuition. He wanted to lower taxes for the rich so he reduced the subsidy to the UCs and told them to raise more money elsewhere.

We had two Governors named Brown. Pat and Jerry.
-Because you were ranting about Democrats and the establishment. Saying that Bernie is so much better than them, then you called out two issues and seemed to imply the Dems were in power both things happened. Ok, so you were talking about the GOP?

-I brought up Carter being a centrist to point out that environmental issues are not an issue exclusively carried about by leftist.

-I know there were two Governor Browns. Pat, then Reagan, then Jerry. From what I read Pat Brown is not the one to roll out tuition free college, the just reaffirmed it would stay that way. Registration fees started under Reagan. But the higher fees, tution, and bigger budget cuts happened under under Jerry Brown. LINK

Hillary took money from special interests (common for both parties) and that is different than the money she raised from a book. Money from special interests comes with a catch.

I dont care if you make money from a book or selling jays as long as it doesnt come from Wall Street, Military Industrial Complex, Saudi Arabia, Oil and Gas, Pharma, Big Tech, or corporate lobbyists. Doesnt leave many options does it?.
Not a Dem candidates are created equal
So now you are move the goal post to campaign funds? Or are you confusing them with personal funds. Because I fail to see how being paid for a speaking arrangement comes with "a catch"

You are peedling some quid pro quo conjecture. Clinton has a platform, he had a base to answer to. You have no proof that sell was just was cutting deals and doing their bidding. Like I told Rex, if we are gonna play that game then you have to admit that Bernie was doing the NRA's bidding when they helped him get into Congress.

Yes candidates are different. Not all of them bend over backward to absolve racist people or their racism. That is why I would prefer Bernie not be the nominee.

If you don’t like taxation, you’ll really be very unhappy when you find out what’s been happening to the surplus value of your labor.
One of the advantages of working for a small business (if you do) as opposed to large corps is the ability to see many sides of it, one of them being how much the company charges for their services vs your pay. Puts things in perspective, especially when management starts talking about unpaid overtime.

I apologize profusely but when Bernie wins and M4A makes insulin free to all who need it, Uncle Zel won’t have to ration his insulin any more.

In future thanksgivings, you’ll have to deal with a powerful, insulin fueled Uncle Zel. This will be a profoundly regrettable aspect of a Sanders Administration.
He takes pills from Dr. Sebi. The hope, delusionals, and blood glucose lowering placebo effect of the pills seem to be working just find. No need to sell him on another dream.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom