***Official Political Discussion Thread***

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford what you think of Julian Castro?
-His twin brother Joaquin a better political communicator. He is a bit to stiff

-I like his immigration plan for multiple reasons.

-He is wasting his time running for president. He is will not be able to carve of a niche for himself.

-He should focus on running for Senate in 2020. I think he will make a great Senate candidate.

I just want people to acknowledge how much white privilege is boosting Mayor Pete as a serious contender. Dude is barely old enough to run for president and the extent of his experience in politics is being the mayor of a small middle America city that most ppl can't find on a map.

No minority with such minimal experience would be considered a serious candidate.

I just want people to acknowledge how much white privilege is boosting Mayor Pete as a serious contender. Dude is barely old enough to run for president and the extent of his experience in politics is being the mayor of a small middle America city that most ppl can't find on a map.

No minority with such minimal experience would be considered a serious candidate.

Sounds about white

57101690_1258403377666964_5129745029505482752_n.jpg

Edit: he said all of it - just in a slightly different order.

Here's the transcript:

THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you very much. We’re in communication with France. They’re having a terrible, terrible fire. You probably saw. Some of you have heard. Some of you have not because you’ve been here. But I will tell you, the fire that they’re having at the Notre Dame Cathedral is something like few people have witnessed. When we left — we had a whole group of your great representatives. And when we left the plane, it was — it was burning at a level that you rarely see a fire burn.

It’s one of the great treasures of the world. The greatest artists in the world. Probably, if you think about it, I would say, Jovita, it might be greater than almost any museum in the world. And it’s burning very badly. It looks like it’s burning to the ground.

So — so that puts a damper on what we’re about to say, to be honest, because that is beyond countries, that’s beyond anything. That’s a part of our growing up. It’s a part of our culture. It’s a part of our lives. That’s a truly great cathedral. And I’ve been there and I’ve seen it, and there’s no cathedral, I think — I could say there’s probably no cathedral in the world like it.

It’s a terrible scene. They think it was caused by — at this moment, they don’t know — but they think it was caused by renovation. And I hope that’s the reason. Renovation — you know, what’s that all about? But it’s a terrible sight to behold.

With that being said, I want to tell you that a lot of progress has been made by our country in the last two and a half years. Hard to believe we’re already starting to think about — (applause) — yeah. We’re already starting to think about our next election. And it’s moving along. We’re moving along very nicely. We’ve raised far more money than anybody, and not that that’s the critical factor. In fact, I was criticized — coming up, I was criticized that I didn’t raise as much money as Hillary Clinton, that I only spent half. It’s actually much less than half. (Laughter.) But I don’t want to tell.

In terms of intelligence, the transition from Obama to Trump has to be the single greatest decline in IQ from one president to the next in American history, right? I mean, we’ve gotta be talking about a decline somewhere in the realm of 3–4 standard deviations, right?

Obviously intelligence isn’t everything in politics, or even the most important thing. But man :lol:

No way did he actually say that. This is a meme, right?
Edit: I misread

France's civil security agency jabbed back at Trump on Twitter shortly after Trump's initial tweet. Perhaps Trump's continued ignorant rambling can provide some degree of comedic relief for the French.

What are everyone’s thoughts on Bill Weld? Idk if he has a chance but for a Republican, what I’ve seen of him I like the guy.

In terms of intelligence, the transition from Obama to Trump has to be the single greatest decline in IQ from one president to the next in American history, right? I mean, we’ve gotta be talking about a decline somewhere in the realm of 3–4 standard deviations, right?

Obviously intelligence isn’t everything in politics, or even the most important thing. But man :lol:
I'd be very surprised if he hasn't been the victim of a progressive decline due to Alzheimer's or a regular form of dementia. Fred Trump did have Alzheimer's.

Not that Trump has ever been a very stable genius but if you look at things like interviews from ~10-15 years ago the difference in his coherency is massive.
The same mannerisms have always been there like the "believe me" at the end of a sentence, the use of a lot of hyperbole, lots of superlatives, ...
However it wasn't anywhere near as excessive as it is now. He was also able to express his thoughts in a far more coherent package.

When you look at just the last few years, the frequency of those linguistic mannerisms has been dialed up a bunch of notches and he's struggling to express just about anything in a coherent manner.
Reading a Trump transcript is like reading the writings of a drunken senile paranoid madman. It sounds bad enough on video but the transcripts really show you just how rambled his thoughts are.
I don't believe anyone can read a couple Trump transcripts in good faith and not gain serious concerns about Trump's mental health.

Clearly it has gotten worse over time as well. The campaign and presidency seem to have have only amplified his cognitive decline. I don't think age alone could explain this kind of decline.

The main reason I suspect Alzheimer's is because I find Trump's speech and coherency to be just as bad if not worse than my dad shortly before he died in the hospital. He had Korsakoff syndrome as the result of decades of alcoholism. To give you an idea of the amount of braincells lost along the way, he died from alcohol-induced liver failure in his mid-50s.
Any semblance of coherency went out the window in the final few days but up until that point I'd say Trump sounded worse. Prior to those last few days I didn't hear anything as bad as Trump's more baffling word salads.

One of Trump's greatest word salads for reference:
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Back
Top Bottom