***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Hold up, I made a mistake in read the poll. Let me edit my post

Okay, I'll concede the point. I just want to add one important qualification. You originally made a claim about change over time (ie. the same-ness of Bernie's support among non-white voters). You then provided a poll that did not demonstrate this; it measured the extent to which Democratic voters were leaning one way or the other. After I replied, you (rightly) explained that I was comparing apples to oranges. But even then you did not provide any evidence in support of your point about change/time. You mostly provided some conjectures.

I don't want to quibble (especially given that this post is likely to drop off the table. Hell, the exchange already seems so long ago). I've already learned something new (that undecided non-white voters are leaning more towards Bernie than others. Time for me to knock on doors :nthat:).

I ******* hate this clown so much. Like Heller level hate.

Everything good that has happened with him is charge can be traced back to the Dems in the Statehouse instead of his corrupt ***.

And the worst part is I have a feeling he is gonna win the Senate seat in Maryland in 2022. MD could be a progressive bastion, but these ****** centrist liberals keep selling out poor people.

the media coverage last night... just terrible :smh:

making it seem like US retaliation is 100% a given with hardly any facts of the matter

heard one former navy seal on air trying to say that the US could "easily" take out every one of Iran's military capabilities if they want, with "minimal" civilian casualties

there might be a shred of truth to that but the fact that it's being talking about at this stage of the game is insane

Corporate Media = information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view in order to generate ratings revenue.

If it isnt on PBS, I dont even watch anymore.

There is a reason why Trump and the Republicans want to defund PBS...

"I see the impact our local stations have in communities; red states, blue states. I see the work that our stations are doing for advancing civil conversation,” Kerger said. “I am in places where local journalism has really collapsed, and our local radio and TV stations really are the local media presence.”

Corporate Media = information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view in order to generate ratings revenue.

If it isnt on PBS, I dont even watch anymore.

"I see the impact our local stations have in communities; red states, blue states. I see the work that our stations are doing for advancing civil conversation,” Kerger said. “I am in places where local journalism has really collapsed, and our local radio and TV stations really are the local media presence.”

same. I don't watch cable news but wanted to last night specifically to see how this was framed

I was too young to really understand what was going on in the build up to '03 but I can very easily imagine

it's easy to see why Trump (or any president) thinks he can make these brash foreign policy decisions and not lose any support

Back
Top Bottom