***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Here’s my thing about this. Why are you mad now about what was allegedly said over a year ago, Lizzie? Why the performative animosity now when you’ve been cordial and even friendly for over a year after the allegedly offending comment? What, you’re more upset that Bernie denied the allegation than what it is you’re actually alleging?

She just inadvertently showed her hand trying to sell this bull****. Warren can ****ing kick rocks over this nonsense.
I don't think you are really being fair to her. Seems like as usual you are just take Bernie's side.

I dunno who is keeping it real, but if it is Warren, she got reason to be upset at him if he is lying.

Plus before this popped off Bernie's people did some sucka **** with the script they gave to volunteers.

Last edited:
IMG_20200114_234944.jpg

In her heart, Amy Klobouchar herself doesn’t even belief she can beat Trump. I mean, she can make a coherent (if less than compelling) case about why she can. But she doesn’t even believe it. I would say I hope she drops out ASAP but she’s likely siphoning off some centrist voters from Biden and Pete so I actually hope she stays in as long as possible :lol:

Also, David Axelrod is ****ing unbearable.

The thing about Amy is that her electoral record is pretty good.

But

She has had to run for Senate during a wave election for Dems in 2006, on the ticket with Obama in 2012, and a wave Election for the Dems in 2018.

So I dunno. I think she could.

I don't think you are really being fair to her. Seems like as usual it is to take Bernie's side.

I dunno who is keeping it real, but if it is Warren, she got reason to be upset at him.

Plus before this popped off Bernie's people did some sucka **** with the script they gave to volunteers.
Of course if she’s telling the truth she has a right to be upset with him—over the entirety of the time since the alleged comments were made. Not only after he denied them.

So him making the alleged comments weren’t bad enough to actually get upset about, as evidenced in their cordial and even friendly relations over the past year-plus—but him denying them is bad enough to evoke this kind of public performative hostility? How does that make any sense?

I wasn’t even gonna comment on it until I saw her disingenuous performance tonight.

Of course if she’s telling the truth she has a right to be upset with him—over the entirety of the time since the alleged comments were made. Not only after he denied them.

So him making the alleged comments weren’t bad enough to actually get upset about, as evidenced in their cordial and even friendly relations over the past year-plus—but him denying them is bad enough to evoke this kind of public performative hostility? How does that make any sense?

I wasn’t even gonna comment on it until I saw her disingenuous performance tonight.
What performative hostility?

And exchange after the debate that lasted a few seconds? That?

She could have went off during the debate but mostly said she wanted to move past it.

Are you really upset she didn't shake the man's hand?

Also, you, I, or anyone else, have no idea if it is disingenuous. Seems like you have made up your mind and think Bernie is telling the truth, so Warren must be trying to put on an act.

Last edited:
Speaking of electoral record, if I was Bernie I wouldn't really be talking about his 1990 win for the House.

Clinton able to form a nice political attack because of the NRA's advocacy for Bernie. And his subsequent votes on gun safety legislation.

Amy Klobuchar heading for a three way split decision for third in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Reference video for those who aren’t old af:

Liberrman last few years in Congress were wild.

Dude went from Gore's VP pick, to bombing in 2004 for the Dem Primary (I think he ran on expanding Medicare to children), was so centrist it pissed off Bill Clinton and the Dems staged a coup to get him out of the Senate. He loses the primary for his Senate seat in 2006, Clinton begs him to just let it go, he runs independent and wins. Still caucus with the Dems, was McCain #1 choice for VP, endorses McCain against Obama. Then sabotaged the ACA in the Senate, and ****ing retires.

Dude's political loyalties were as fluid as Timid Tebow's support for NFL teams.

Last edited:
What performative hostility?

And exchange after the debate that lasted a few seconds? That?

She could have went off during the debate but mostly said she wanted to move past it.

Are you really upset she didn't shake the man's hand?

Also, you, I, or anyone else, have no idea if it is disingenuous. Seems like you have made up your mind and think Bernie is telling the truth, so Warren must be trying to put on an act.
The handshake snub and the subsequent argument is what I’m referring to.

I’m saying it’s disingenuous not because I’m a Bernie supporter but because if what he allegedly said was really so bad and if she was really so hot about it, she would have been bringing that energy right after it happened, not after she went public and he denied it happening, following a year-plus of politeness and friendliness.

The handshake snub and the subsequent argument is what I’m referring to.

I’m saying it’s disingenuous not because I’m a Bernie supporter but because if what he allegedly said was really so bad and if she was really so hot about it, she would have been bringing that energy right after it happened, not after she went public and he denied it happening, following a year-plus of politeness and friendliness.
So Warren waited until the camera might not have caught something to put on an act?

Sorry, I am don't buying any of this given the information at hand.

Warren and Sanders are legit friends. I would think most women, especially Warren's age, has heard some sexist **** from her male colleagues and friends. Hell if you believe the sources, she told people about the comments a year ago in other conversations. She mentioned something that was said within a supposed lengthy conversation. So if he did say it, maybe she didn't blast him in the media because you know, they are still friends and promised not to do that. So if Bernie said something, how the hell is the onus on her to act outraged enough for her to be believed?

BTW, She didn't just go public People close to her did. Bernie then denied it. And then Warren put out a statement after the story gained steam.

Plus, look at her face when Bernie denies it...

She must be a great actress because she seems legit taken aback by his answer.

I don't know what was said, but nothing Warren did tonight swayed me to thinking Bernie is the one keeping it #1HUNNA. Plus she has other reason to be mad at Bernie because of the script his campaign gave to volunteers jabbing her, which Bernie denied he had anything to do with, but whose campaign also lied about the circumstances around it.

This seems like a reach to shade Warren.

Last edited:
Klobuchar’s reasoning for being against tuition free public college because rich kids will get it is so painfully stupid. As rampant as elitism is in this country, you really think rich kids who went to expensive private high schools are gonna go to “free” state college with the regular folk? :lol:

Famb a ton of rich kids go to state schools though, for various reasons.

Like when in was doing my grad degree at UNLV. One of the Marriot kids was attending the school.

I had a convo with him at an event and come to kind out, he went to public HS in Montgomery County too.

Dude was probably worth 8 figures just off inheritance

Also I have tutored a ton of rich kids in my time, most of them when to the same colleges regular middle class folk send their kids.

Last edited:
I feel like I’ve been out of the loop when it comes to debates and such since I’ve either had after work events or working late so could only catch recaps on what was written on Reuter’s, Bloomberg, and NYTImes (sue me it’s my local liberal paper and my college professor said either read this or the WSJ if you’re are serious about a career in Financial services, I chose the liberal paper). These debates really haven’t show much where Obama stood would in 2007 when i was in college, he really invigorated they hound population.Its sort of a shame because all the candidates have their owns flaws in the general election and partially, it seems as if people the people who support one would have a purity test for the other candidate if theirs lost (Bernie bros and anything that resembles that sterotype).

Like the fact that we had success in the midterms mean we will will the general. I’m legit scared that we will get another 4 years of trump because none of the candidates can Gardner the sort ofsupport thatis necessary to win the general. The only thing I have hope for is keeping the house, flipping the senate, and making Donnie a lame duck for 4 years.

However, that will not resolve anything because it will just exacerbate the division. We are really in a weird situation within our government and our voting with the divisions we have. This maybe a tipsy rant after having a discussions about certain political issues with my hardcore republican bosses, but honestly I can’t see how we resolve much. It’s weird and scary at the same time because we’ve only gotten further to our corners because of media, the things and people we follow, and just the way society works today. We are at weird point in our society in the US. I just hope it’s not a breaking point.

Bernie Bros are now bombarding Warren's social media with bull**** like snake emojis

These buffoons really in their feelings because Warren was mean to their Zaddy.

They got #NeverWarren trending #1 right now. Folks talmbout sitting out if she wins the nomination.

My homie put it best in a sports analogy: Liberals root for their favorite players to win. Conservatives root for their favorite team to win.

Democrats will never win rooting for individual candidates.

They got #NeverWarren trending #1 right now. Folks talmbout sitting out if she wins the nomination.

My homie put it best in a sports analogy: Liberals root for their favorite players to win. Conservatives root for their favorite team to win.

Democrats will never win rooting for individual candidates.
Fake purity tests, winning the battles only to lose the war. Dems are their own worst enemy (Franken)

I'm no body language expert...but that exchange after the debate was over between Warren and Sanders didn't look friendly per se. I'm fairly confident they didn't shake hands.

EDIT:

Yeah nah that's beef body language

yep that closed fist, means bidness.

Back
Top Bottom