***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think there are plenty of younger white male, culturally conservative bros in Iowa and NH that Bernie can bring out.

and i highly doubt Bernie's hold on the progressive base is gunna shake because of some Joe Rogan twitter ad.

Im more annoyed with the commentary of certain pundits who should know better,

like at some point you play the game of thrones you win or you die,

and I find this trend of political punditry that seemingly has desire to play to win the game to be insanely annoying.
Oh really, so there is a large supply of culturally conservative young white men that are registered Democrat in Iowa, and other states with mandatory Democratic registration to participate in the primary. NH is an open primary but he was already ahead in NH.

To play the Game of Thrones you must know the damn game. This isn't the general, so it was a dumb move. You are arguing about their bring upside in the general, but we are not there yet.

Sure Rogan is socially conservative and so are many black voters. But I damn sure know older black people in America don't like joking about black people being monkeys, floating race science about black intelligence, arguing that the problems in black communities being the cause of a lack of moral hygiene, and complaining about people not being able to do black face. Democratic black voters are disportionately woman, so I am not so sure sistas gonna be agreeing on Rogan's regressive views on gender roles.

Centrist are not a monolith, b.

But Rogan likes Obama a lot so that is something.

Yeah sure people are going overboard because they are basically purity testing right now. But I really think he should have just let that cook in a corner for right now. Hell going on his show again would have been a better move. But endorsement thirst probably got the best of dude.

if there was some reputable polling indicating Bernie is outperforming the others vs Trump in the battleground states I'd feel better about the presidential election

my next question would be how does Bernie’s presence at the top of the ticket affect chances of flipping the Senate and holding the House?

seems clear that a lot of Sanders support is drawing from further left/non-voters who won't necessarily support the Democratic Party without him as the nominee with the obvious corollary that they are less likely to vote Dem down ballot

I think flipping the Senate is probably the most important thing given that McConnell is the most destructive force in American politics today

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in my somewhat limited experiences with older people of color, they have the same petty day to day cultural grievances. They hate smart phones, they hate all social media aside from facebook and they think that being offended is for weak, spoiled and indulged "millennials" (whom will be forever imagined as college kids with blue hair).

I'm sure it's mostly the result of a survival strategy but it seems like older black and Latino and Asian folks love bragging about how they don't get offended.

if there was some reputable polling indicating Bernie is outperforming the others vs Trump in the battleground states I'd feel better about the presidential election

my next question would be how does Bernie’s presence at the top of the ticket affect chances of flipping the Senate and holding the House?

seems clear that a lot of Sanders support is drawing from further left/non-voters who won't necessarily support the Democratic Party without him as the nominee with the obvious corollary that they are less likely to vote Dem down ballot

I think flipping the Senate is probably the most important thing given that McConnell is the most destructive force in American politics today

If Bernie gets the nomination and his theory of higher voter turn out ends up being correct, Bernie and all the orgs that brought the new voters will impress on them the importance of voting blue down ballot.

In the 2018 general, the DSA chapters released voter guides and they were more or less advisement to vote straight Democratic where ever you were. That was with Bernie running for President.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in my somewhat limited experiences with older people of color, they have the same petty day to day cultural grievances. They hate smart phones, they hate all social media aside from facebook and they think that being offended is for weak, spoiled and indulged "millennials" (whom will be forever imagined as college kids with blue hair).

I'm sure it's mostly the result of a survival strategy but it seems like older black and Latino and Asian folks love bragging about how they don't get offended.
Yeah, that is kinda true. But that's not Rogan's beefs.

I have never met older black folk that bemoans the fact we can't make racial jokes like we used to back in the day.

Last edited:
Joe Rogan has a massive audience of misinformed proles, I'd rather him endorse Bernie then have them go off the deep end into fascism.

You can't say for sure about the Senate with Bernie on the ticket. There was not really correlation with how 2016 Senate candidates fared compared to Clinton.

Sure higher turnout will help. But then again I think people are overestimating Bernie's potential effect on turnout. Trump is probably gonna the most powerful force driving Dem the turnout.

-And I also think people are overestimating how many Rogan supporters will flip to Sanders. Remember, Rogan has already feed them a ton of Alt-right ****. So the majority are probably far gone. But who knows. If this was August I would probably feel a whole lot more positively about the whole Rogan thing.

Last edited:
You can't say for sure about the Senate with Bernie on the ticket. There was not really correlation with how 2016 Senate candidates fared compared to Clinton.

Sure higher turnout will help. But then again I think people are overestimating Bernie's potential effect on turnout.

-And I also think people are overestimating how many Rogan supporters will flip to Sanders.

yeah... the senate can be weird. votes in Cali and NY don't matter

not to mention random conservative house districts that Dems picked up in '18

giphy.gif

Highly likely. (Edit: sorry didn’t see it posted above)

1CA89D0A-0C0E-4F8B-9A11-D1FF7000EE7E.png
That's from before 2018 because that *** Dean Heller is still on it.

Was at an event a few months back and ole boy was there. They were serving breakfast and dude was circling a raspberry danish I was eyeing. He didn't take it, but if he had tried, we were shooting a fair one. Slap that man up right next to the oatmeal bar. Bleedat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom