***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is the hell DWalk is advocating for.

this is a preview of what's gonna happen nationwide if trump and others like him begin to loosen the little restrictions we have done
**** will only get worse

Im one of those people temporarily unemployed and no I don't have the luxury or privileges to be fine to miss a paycheck right now....but id much rather deal with my economic uncertainty than wake up every single day with the uncertainty of my parents, my granny and my elderly family members wellbeing and lives like I have been every single day for the last few weeks.

Trump's rhetoric regarding things re-opening sooner than later speaks to a group that does not have that luxury. A group that seemingly gets overlooked in many of these discussions. My only point is that there should be a delicate balance.

A staggered approach to re-opening could provide that delicate balance. It seems everyone agrees that a delicate balance is necessary. Perhaps by Easter. Perhaps later.
He's speaking to a group of people in a manner that counters everything that medical professionals are saying. He's showing that he doesn't give a **** about these people by proposing that they risk their lives to "open back of our economy", many of which, are people who work in the worst conditions, have less access to healthcare, and may not be educated as well as certain segments of the population, so they are trusting the words of the President in relation to this situation, which have often been untrue over the course of the last few months.

Doctors don't agree with any sort of re-opening by April 12, and Dr. Fauci has went against this timeline himself in the last few days. Trump isn't speaking about a delicate balance.

These are his statements below, and this is how the polls of the American people actually look regarding this issue.

Americans' views on coronavirus-related closures
Trump said, "We have to open up. We can't say, 'Let's close.' People don't want to close." He also said, "People want to go back to work. I'm hearing it loud and clear from everybody." He added, "This is the United States of America. They don't want to sit around and wait."

Facts First: While there is no polling data on how long Americans want the country's institutions to remain closed, it is clear that not "everybody" wants workplaces to reopen quickly amid an ongoing pandemic. A poll released on Thursday found that large majorities of Americans say the closure of businesses, schools and entertainment activities was necessary to address the pandemic.

A Pew Research poll conducted March 19-24 found that 89% of the 11,537 US adults surveyed thought the closure of K-12 schools was necessary, 91% thought canceling major sports and entertainment events was necessary, 85% thought limiting restaurants to carry-out only was necessary, and 71% thought requiring most businesses other than grocery stores and pharmacies to close was necessary.

A Fox News poll conducted March 21-24 found that 75% of the 1,011 registered voters surveyed supported a national "stay-in-place" order for everyone other than essential workers.
Public health experts have warned that it would be unwise to immediately abandon measures that keep Americans out of physical contact with each other.

I'm not siding with Trump.

I said, from the beginning, that I will be staying in and working remotely. I highlighted that this is a privilege that many don't have.

Trump's rhetoric regarding things re-opening sooner than later speaks to a group that does not have that luxury. A group that seemingly gets overlooked in many of these discussions. My only point is that there should be a delicate balance.

A staggered approach to re-opening could provide that delicate balance. It seems everyone agrees that a delicate balance is necessary. Perhaps by Easter. Perhaps later.

**** off
**** off
**** off

“Privilege” “luxury” “delicate balance”

There’s is no goddamn need for a balance. On one side of the scales has the health and safety of hundreds of millions of people and on the other side is Cracker Barrel getting back to having sit down service again in April rather than in August.

This is like a household whose budget is 50% for housing, food, transportation and everything else. Meanwhile the household spends half its money on Alf memorabilia. Then one of the cars breaks down and the water heater needs to be fixed all in the same month so for March the budget 60/40 everything/Alf memorabilia.

In fixing the water heater, it is discovered that the house needs some of its foundation repaired. This will require a reduction in the Alf memorabilia budget for 3-6 months.

The Alf memorabilia budget has to stay at 40% for 3-6 months or the house may collapse. The solution is to keep the Alf memorabilia budget reduced until the house is on a good foundation again (and maybe ask why so much money is spent on Alf memorabilia).

Your solution is to start transitioning back to a full Alf memorabilia budget starting in April. This despite the fact that the house might collapse and destroy your precious horde of Alf memorabilia. There must be a delicate balance struck between the acquisition of Alf memorabilia and the house not collapsing, after all.

Last edited:
Trump invokes Defense Production Act to require GM to make ventilators

This is an excellent demonstration of how Trump is reactive instead of proactive. This should have happened a month ago. Kinda like how we shut down our borders too late.

This illustrates what will happen after Trump tries to get everyone back to work. **** will hit the fan and only then will he do what he should have already done.

I have no idea why you continue to defend an administration that insists on constantly being behind in an emergency situation.

Trump's memorandum doesn't appear to actually invoke the Defense Production Act. The memo authorizes HHS Secretary Azar to do so if he determines it to be appropriate.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...duction-act-regarding-general-motors-company/
fe45fdc29b225ad1b5d6245bfdc67daa.png

"They have to treat us well. It's a two-way street."
"If they don't treat you right, I don't call", Trump doubles down on conditioning aid to Americans on praise from state governors. Based on this view, he urged Mike Pence to obstruct efforts by Michigan and Washington to ask the WH for aid in saving Americans' lives.

Back
Top Bottom