***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You know the old saying, Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line?

Looks like the Democrats were the ones to fall in line this time.

I'm actually surprised that Sanders actually dropped out this early. I was expecting him to hang around until the convention, like last time.

It was over on Super Tuesday, which seems like ages ago now.

@barackobama yo help
giphy.gif

I hope Biden incorporates Primes and Warren Bae’s policy into his own.

I am not a Bernie supporter. With that said we have an election between two old white men who are either horrible or questionable on race....... Plus we’re going to be expected to begrudgingly vote for one during this death plague...... Biden better step his game up!

2020 continues to suck a lot

He already has. He already adopted Warren's plan for free college. The only thing he hasn't really gone further left on is M4A and I think its because he doesn't think they can get it passed in the Senate which is a fair critique.

This is totally true. They also got treated really unfairly on pension contributions - expected to have way more in reserve than required by private funds - done to cause a bigger loss so fingers could be pointed at how inefficient it is.

It’s a disgrace. They privatised the Royal Mail in the UK a few years ago - surprise surprise, the service got worse and the price went up - but the private investors made a killing.

Sucks that Bernie had to drop out with so many delegates left for the taking. Hope his future surrogates isn't as soft as he was :smh:

Guess I'll cover my eyes and shade in Biden in my mail-in vote sheet. I still think he won't beat Trump. So technically, I'll be throwing my vote away in November *shrugs*

Just so we are all clear.

I think people should all acknowledge that when they are claim nominating Biden means a Trump victory that they mean given the electoral system is rigged against the Democratic Party (both structurally through the Electoral College and the GOP cheating with voter suppression) that Biden is not strong enough to overcome the built in disadvantage. I too have this worry.

But Biden is a strong enough candidate to get more votes than Trump. He will get millions more if turnout is anywhere around 55%. What matters are those votes to be in the right places. If we had a truly fair electoral system the general would be a lay-up for Biden.

There is no compelling evidence that Bernie is better candidate to challenge Trump than Biden. Bernie's theory of how he can overcome the built in disadvantages the Democratic candidate face was shown not to be true.

I give Trump the advantage in the fall not because he is a stronger candidate, not because he will run circles around Biden, but because the state level Republican Parties will try to steal the win for him, and SCOTUS will back their play.

Last edited:
Trump is who he is. The difference between 2020 and 2016 is that in 2016 people didn't think things would get this bad and that Trump would eventually mellow out. There is no excuse for any left leaning person not to vote for Joe given the stakes. Clowns like the Young Turks love to say dems need to rally the people and protest but that doesn't work unless we vote and get dems control of the senate and the presidency. You can't tell people to fight back when you don't give them the tools to fight. I don't want to hear people panic of RGB can't continue if they didn't vote or joined in with Putin's bots to bash the nominee. There is no both sides to this anymore.

Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro also wrote a series of memos in late January warning about mass death from coronavirus spread. Trump acknowledged the existence of the Navarro memos but claimed he "didn't see them", despite the fact that at least one was addressed to the president. The memos were circulated throughout the WH and National Security Council. Trump added that if he did see them, he wouldn't have changed course. This reporting about the November intelligence report is new but it has previously been confirmed by various newspapers that intelligence about the coronavirus was included in an early January Presidential Daily Brief (PDB). This new reporting simply describes the lead up to how that intelligence got to the PDB.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/int...isis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273
Intelligence report warned of coronavirus crisis as early as November: Sources
"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," a source says.

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.

Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.

The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.

From that warning in November, the sources described repeated briefings through December for policy-makers and decision-makers across the federal government as well as the National Security Council at the White House. All of that culminated with a detailed explanation of the problem that appeared in the President’s Daily Brief of intelligence matters in early January, the sources said. For something to have appeared in the PDB, it would have had to go through weeks of vetting and analysis, according to people who have worked on presidential briefings in both Republican and Democratic administrations.

"The timeline of the intel side of this may be further back than we’re discussing," the source said of preliminary reports from Wuhan. "But this was definitely being briefed beginning at the end of November as something the military needed to take a posture on."

Last edited:
Trump is who he is. The difference between 2020 and 2016 is that in 2016 people didn't think things would get this bad and that Trump would eventually mellow out. There is no excuse for any left leaning person not to vote for Joe given the stakes. Clowns like the Young Turks love to say dems need to rally the people and protest but that doesn't work unless we vote and get dems control of the senate and the presidency. You can't tell people to fight back when you don't give them the tools to fight. I don't want to hear people panic of RGB can't continue if they didn't vote or joined in with Putin's bots to bash the nominee. There is no both sides to this anymore.
****ing word brother!

What about the people who don't like Biden?
Who doesnt like drunk Uncle Joe? (rhetorical)

But he doesn't come with nearly the same amount of baggage as HillDawg did, and he's infinitely more likeable and relatable to the common folk after his 8 year PR tour working under the Obama administration.

I see this as a general principle for voting, not just applicable to this scenario, but to me not voting for Biden is effectively endorsing Trump.
In a hypothetical where someone hates politics across the board, one of the options would still always be more or less in line with that person's views. Even in that situation, logic dictates that you should always vote for whoever is most in line with your views.

Someone claiming to have an equal dislike for multiple options is just delusional.

Last edited:
This stance that I’m seeing a lot of today that a Biden nomination secures a Trump victory is pretty damn hilarious coming from Bernie folks.

Let me get this straight: you’re telling me that the guy that COULDN’T secure the nomination (with a delegate head start) is in a better place to beat Trump than the guy that did secure it (handily)? Is this like the Rockets would’ve beaten the Cavs if they got past the Warriors?

Back
Top Bottom