***Official Political Discussion Thread***

As much as Trump has garnered the favor of middle aged white males, he's also energized other demos that will not sit it out.

Had the candidate been Rubio or Cruz. I think that a laziness factor is possible. With Trump he has swung that pendulum both ways to prevent laziness.

Patently false.

What makes you say that?

ill give you a example with guns...

At least 83% of Americans favor universal background checks for gun purchases. At most, 15% oppose them. According to one survey, even 75% of NRA members support universal background checks. Why then will it be difficult to amend federal law to require that all gun sales be subject to background checks?

The answer has to do with the intensity factor. Some fraction of those who oppose universal background checks feel so strongly about the issue – and indeed any form of gun control – that they will make this question the deciding factor in the voting booth. They tell their elected representatives: Unless you vote against gun control measures, I will not vote for you. They mean it; and politicians know they mean it. By contrast, few, if any, gun-control supporters are “single issue voters.

http://www.carltbogus.com/edmund-a-blog/80-gun-control-and-the-intensity-facot

Donald Trump got WAAY more Passionate voters thats going to turn up for him, something that Clinton has failed to do as seen by da 30% downturn in da Democratic constituency during da primaries vs record turn out on da GOP side.

Hillary has very high negatives, so folks may also hate Trump, but da easiest thing to do would be to stay home vs vote for da "lesser of 2 evils."

then there's da plain old fact that holding a Presidency for 3 terms in a row is just plain hard for a party.

My prediction is that Hilary wins by a sizable margin. Those so called "passionate" trump voters turned out en mass to vote for romney in the last election. A lot of pundits thought romney would win because of the anger & backlash The Prez garnered.

Turned out The Prez won on the strength of the youth vote, the immagrant vote, & women voters. trump has pissed off too many people that fit those profiles along with the "regular" conservative republicans.

He's not going to win.

Honestly, I wish the dems put forth a better candidate though. :rolleyes

Last edited:
My prediction is that Hilary wins by a sizable margin. Those so called "passionate" trump voters turned out en mass to vote for romney in the last election. A lot of pundits thought romney would win because of the anger & backlash The Prez garnered.

Turned out The Prez won on the strength of the youth vote, the immagrant vote, & women voters. trump has pissed off too many people that fit those profiles along with the "regular" conservative republicans.

He's not going to win.

I was tellin my bro this the other day , I was like damn 8 years to come up with a candidate n it went right back to Hillary :lol:

I know the dems need to start grooming young candidates now for future runs at the white house, senators & such... I'm talking Sec of Housing & Dev Julian Castro, Tallahassee mayor Andrew Gillum...

Hey Los Angelinos... How is Mayor ​Eric Garcetti? Is he a good leader? Is he doing well for the city? I hear his name here & there when there is discussions about future dems..

Last edited:

He's not going to win.

This.

No candidate that has had the essence of his character questioned the way Trump's is has won a general election. I'll give you a practical example: the 2002 French presidential election. You should read about it; some names should be familiar.

Usually, lukewarm candidates create a low turnout because people tend to be indifferent. Only very popular and very unpopular candidates make the electorate go to the polls. While Clinton is not popular with a large portion of the electorate, the GOP managed to unleash the political equivalent of the Tasmanian Devil.

She is doing exactly what she's supposed to do, and it's say nothing and let the Donald put his foot in his mouth again, and again, and again, and again. And the more outrageous and unpalatable Trump's statements get, the more people from all political convictions will unite to make sure that he is denied the White House.

And it's happening.

He's not going to win.

Clinton alienates young voters..so does Trump..good luck depending on them to turn out this year.

So ... we're just going to ignore that many GOPers publicly supported Hillary...

Staffers are leaving the RNC because they can't stomach the thought of helping Trump become POTUS.

The last 5 POTUS and high ranking officials, some of them in highly sensitive positions, are publicly making the case against a Trump presidency.

Turnout will be high, but it won't be in favor of your man.

Looks like Trump is not misunderstood after all.

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."
Trump objected.
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/polit...-founder-isis0332PMVODtopLink&linkId=27559262

Last edited:
The last 5 POTUS and high ranking officials, some of them in highly sensitive positions, are publicly making the case against a Trump presidency.

exactly...it doesn't get more bi-partisan than that. they are all against trump.  

but but....da establishment

As much as Trump has garnered the favor of middle aged white males, he's also energized other demos that will not sit it out.

Had the candidate been Rubio or Cruz. I think that a laziness factor is possible. With Trump he has swung that pendulum both ways to prevent laziness.

Patently false.

Perhaps you don't understand there's a yin and yang to his speeches.

Hispanics, Immigrants, practicing and non-practicing Muslims, women.

Nahhhhhhhh none of those groups will be energized to vote against Trump

Last edited:
among people I've talked to who are even considering voting for Trump, it's either because they hate Hillary or they hope Trump will be so awful that it'll shake up the system and somehow end up better in the end.

in both cases there's some amount of delusion or people haven't paid attention to what Trump has been saying and instead happy with stuff he said last year about bringing jobs back and not taking donations from the establishment.

most i can see voting for Hillary in the end (and this is even before the past 2 awful weeks that trump has had) or at least against trump (for a third party). the ones who i think will stick with trump are the ones who have gone all in (like ninjahood) and will stick on the sinking ship until the last moment to save face (it's awfully hard to remove that "make America great again" bumper sticker or to delete 300 posts in this thread).

that said, 90% of people i know in real life are already committed to voting for Hillary, and they're almost all in the 18-34 demographic. i am concerned though that i haven't seen more efforts to get everyone registered to vote, but maybe it's happening somewhere?

Last edited:
Trump doubled down on his ISIS remarks.

This dude is a scumbag, and anyone defending him at this point is just making themselves look like a bigger and bigger clown

it's almost painful to discuss him because I'm worried the other person will try to defend him and i can't see myself getting along with that friend anymore.

Trump's strategy seems to be akin to a black swan event. he's pulled it off once with the primaries but i can't imagine lightning striking twice.

Since the two parties held their nominating conventions, Mr. Trump’s lead over Mrs. Clinton with Republican women voters has declined by 13 percentage points, according to polls conducted by The New York Times and CBS News.

In late July, 72 percent of Republican women said they would vote for Mr. Trump, a healthy majority, but far below the level won by the past three Republican presidential nominees. In 2012, Mitt Romney won 93 percent of Republican women. In 2008, John McCain won 89 percent, and four years earlier, George W. Bush won 93 percent.

In politically moderate swing states like Pennsylvania, which aides to Mr. Trump say are crucial to his victory, Mr. Trump’s standing with women over all is perilously low among registered voters: Just 27 percent of women back him, compared with 58 percent for Mrs. Clinton, according to a poll by Franklin & Marshall College.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-gop-women.html?_r=0

Clinton has improved notably since mid-July among college-educated white women, a critical group in this election; she now leads Trump by 19 points among them, 57 to 38 percent, after roughly an even split last month. Largely because of that shift, Clinton now holds a wide lead, 58 to 35 percent, among women overall (her highest support among women to date), while Trump is +10 among men. And she leads Trump by 6 points among college-educated whites, a group that Democrats have never have won in exit polls dating to 1976.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-opens-23-point-lead-women-gains-democrats/story?id=41148222

Let's keep talking about young people.

Last edited:
So ... we're just going to ignore that many GOPers publicly supported Hillary...

Staffers are leaving the RNC because they can't stomach the thought of helping Trump become POTUS.

Turnout will be high, but it won't be in favor of your man.

Looks like Trump is not misunderstood after all.
Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."
Trump objected.
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/polit...-founder-isis0332PMVODtopLink&linkId=27559262
But the GOP nominee remained steadfast, saying it was "no mistake" what he said, standing by his labeling of the Democratic opponent as a "co-founder."

"Do you not like that?" Trump asked Hewitt.

"I think I would say they created, they lost the peace. They created the Libyan vacuum, they created the vacuum into which ISIS came, but they didn't create ISIS. That's what I would say," Hewitt said.

"Well, I disagree," Trump replied, and Hewitt moved on.

In 2007, however, Trump actually supported a rapid withdrawal from Iraq, despite hitting Obama for his drawdown years later.

"You know how they get out? They get out," Trump told  CNN's Wolf Blitzer in 2007. "That's how they get out. Declare victory and leave, because I'll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down. They're in a civil war over there, Wolf. There's nothing that we're going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war."  
lol

among people I've talked to who are even considering voting for Trump, it's either because they hate Hillary or they hope Trump will be so awful that it'll shake up the system and somehow end up better in the end.

I've heard this numerous times & that is so absurd to me. That would gain nothing what so ever.

I can understand the choices republicans have made in the past. I didn't agree with the arguments they had for why they felt their candidate was more qualified but I understood the arguments.

I just can't see why anyone with any sense of intelligence would vote for someone so idiotic. trump is an absolute joke of a candidate.

He's refused to pay hundreds of contractors that have completed work for him & has either told him to sue to get their money or offered pennies on the dollar. All of his products are made overseas. The school he tried starting was basiscally a poorly run amway scheme. He's furthered the fortune he was given by exploiting real estate, tax, & bankruptcy laws. And yet this guy is going to make the American economy robust again? He's going to dedicate himself to rebuilding the middle class & lower again?

trump supporters are trying to tell people the sky is green basically & it's just not. trump voting is purely emotional, there's no intelligence or logic in voting trump.

Don't get me wrong, Hilary is a very flawed candidate but damn trump. :rolleyes No bueno.... :smh:

I'm with whywesteppin whywesteppin , when someone mentions voting trump, I don't even argue because I know that person doesn't have the intelligence to convey why they think he's a viable candidate. I just look at them like a child that just picked a flower & gave it to me. Just smile at them & pat them on the head...

Last edited:
if there was any shred of depth or resilience to Trump, he could win.

it's clear now he's at best a fraud and devoid of any redeeming qualities.

In two weeks, he invited an evil government's country to spy & hack our beloved country, he insulted gold star families that paid the ultimate sacrificed for our freedom, he invited gun users to kill Hilary, & he says The Prez created isis... Truly an American idiot.

"Anti-establishment" - Trumpsters

So in addition to saying The Prez founded isis, he says Hilary is the co-founder. :x :rofl:

I'm not sure if this is worse than when he said he knew more about isis than American generals.

This guy is hilarious. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
It was 62% this time in 2012.

You keep citing Right Track / Wrong Track when it's about as meaningless as polls on Congressional Approval

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom