***Official Political Discussion Thread***

dwalk31 dwalk31 defending trump mere hours after news comes out that Putin BEEN putting hits out on US soldiers AND his boy retweeting “white power”?

1593373540533.gif

He also chose to take the video down?

Do you think that was accidental or do you think it was an acknowledgement and clarification of his position?

If he meant to convey that message then why would he remove it?

Why not just own it?
The initial signaling already happened. The Fake News media is the reason that he took it down. How many of these types of incidences happen in your eyes before they are no longer accidental? This isn’t the first or last time that something like this has happened, in varying forms.

And he’s a weak leader, that’s why. He didn’t own “when the looting start the shooting starts either”, initially, then he came back and made more racist statements. It’s just what he does.

And I want all of those confederate monuments removed. And the flags banned.

Another issue that I completely disagree with him on.

The idea that I have some unwavering support after I've mentioned things Biden can do to get the vote is silly.
Well so the point I'm getting at is that it's not like people are picking and choosing what to believe. It's that they are looking at his history and observing his behavior. For example, he claims that no one told him Russia was offering Afghan militants bounties to kill U.S. troops, but history tells us that he is lying about this.

He might "condemn" white supremacy, which is something that is really easy to do, but he hasn't followed with actions that truly show he's against white supremacy. When white supremacists overwhelmingly support him that should signal that there is an issue.

I would say that in my opinion it does look like you have unwavering support for Trump. I think your main argument is that Trump is able to pass legislation that benefits the black community. Personally I can't help but think his environmental rollbacks, empowering racist groups, giving tax cuts to the wealthy, tough on crime position, and horrible response to COVID-19 are going to have far more of a negative impact. However, I would love to see any analyses you have.

And I want all of those confederate monuments removed. And the flags banned.

Another issue that I completely disagree with him on.

The idea that I have some unwavering support after I've mentioned things Biden can do to get the vote is silly.
How his this your stance when you're corroborating w/ the ppl how are for keeping these flags & monuments in place.
This is an inaccurate portrayal. Kevin cared about spilling the beans. Donald didn't.
About as comfortable as I'd feel going to Walmart.
Do u feel comfortable going to Walmart?

If Trump said white power to Charlamagne on the breakfast club, you think I'd be supporting this administration?

Cut it out.
In that case I assume you would say there's white supremacists on both sides, point out Trump passed the First Step Act and go on about how you'll vote for Trump because of criminal justice reform, because Republicans would block any Democrat attempt further improve criminal justice reforms.

How his this your stance when you're corroborating w/ the ppl how are for keeping these flags & monuments in place.

This is an inaccurate portrayal. Kevin cared about spilling the beans. Donald didn't.

Do u feel comfortable going to Walmart?

To the first question, I don't agree with all of the positions of any candidate. The same way that people can be 100% against the crime bill and its impact but still support Biden. My opinions are my own. I don't adopt Trump's, or anyone else's, opinion on every issue. And on those issues I am 100% against him.

On the second question: I don't feel particularly uncomfortable at Walmart, but I rarely go. I guess if comfort is a word you are using as the base level, then yes I am comfortable there. If comfort is moreso better than the base level (like some sort of luxury level), then I am not comfortable there.

That said, I certainly would not pay to attend at trump rally.

In that case I assume you would say there's white supremacists on both sides, point out Trump passed the First Step Act and go on about how you'll vote for Trump because of criminal justice reform, because Republicans would block any Democrat attempt further improve criminal justice reforms.

I would not.

That is a silly assumption, but you are entitled to it.

The initial signaling already happened. The Fake News media is the reason that he took it down. How many of these types of incidences happen in your eyes before they are no longer accidental? This isn’t the first or last time that something like this has happened, in varying forms.

And he’s a weak leader, that’s why. He didn’t own “when the looting start the shooting starts either”, initially, then he came back and made more racist statements. It’s just what he does.

I won't defend the indefensible.

But it is odd that you ignore the signaling of removing the tweet. It seems a clear signal that he does not support what the man said on the video.

I'm not sure how a removal of the video can be interpreted differently.

1. To the first question, I don't agree with all of the positions of any candidate. The same way that people can be 100% against the crime bill and its impact but still support Biden. My opinions are my own. I don't adopt Trump's, or anyone else's, opinion on every issue. And on those issues I am 100% against him.

2. On the second question: I don't feel particularly uncomfortable at Walmart, but I rarely go. I guess if comfort is a word you are using as the base level, then yes I am comfortable there. If comfort is moreso better than the base level (like some sort of luxury level), then I am not comfortable there.

2. That said, I certainly would not pay to attend at trump rally.
1. This is moreso of valid response from someone that doesn't vote. However, when you vote you are 100% in support of the persons ideologies. Whether you deny it or not, your action spoke for/contradicted your verbal stance.

2. Gotcha,

I won't defend the indefensible.

But it is odd that you ignore the signaling of removing the tweet. It seems a clear signal that he does not support what the man said on the video.

I'm not sure how a removal of the video can be interpreted differently.

Why are you being dense and intentionally obtuse?

Are you a contortionist in your spare time?

Back
Top Bottom