***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Here we go :rolleyes
tenor.gif

:emoji_eyes:

Reported for misogyny

When bae becomes the progressive Mitch McConnell of her time I'm gonna show her this as we laugh over obstructed conservative bills
I have faith. AOC is like Anakin right now, full of libbie naïveté, but you are like Palpatine, ready to show her the ways of the Black Lung Side. She will reach her full potential when that happens and take her rightful place as leader of the Coal Gang and the Senate Majority Leader.

Rasmussen showing Biden with a slight lead in Ohio.
I know they lean right but I still don’t trust them even with pro Biden numbers. I swear they had Trump plus 7 nationally

Just their right to exist, this money is bad section of the left needs to kick rocks!
People more have an issue with the fact the economy makes people like Bloomberg possible while condemning millions to economic despair.

These are choices, not inevitabilities.

Not every penny of Bloomberg's wealth was built on the back of his entrepreneurial spirit. He has also benefited from an economy structured in a manner that has made it easier for him to compound the money he earned into more and more wealth. And it would be less or even not obscene it at the same time the economy was not so hostile to workers, the poor, etc. If it looked our for labor more, instead of capital.

We can have billionaires, millionaires, and much less income equality. We can have billionaires and have drastically lower levels of poverty, food insecurity, economic despair, etc. America has the money, wealth, and resources for that world to exist. The trade-off would just have to be that the top 1% is a bit less ridiculously rich than they are.

America chooses to prioritize and protect the wishes of people like billionaires instead of helping the poor. Our monetary policy, tax policy, fiscal policy, more often benefit them than the tons more people that live in poverty.

I don't know why you can't read a comment like that and think "You know, maybe we can have a world where there are very rich people but everyone has a basic respectable standard of living. So yes, the levels and type of inequality we have are obscene. It should be a different way"

Instead of the constant reaction of "STOP BEING MEAN TO THE BILLIONAIRES"

Last edited:
I have faith. AOC is like Anakin right now, full of libbie naïveté, but you are like Palpatine, ready to show her the ways of the Black Lung Side. She will reach her full potential when that happens and take her rightful place as leader of the Coal Gang and the Senate Majority Leader.

I’m picturing in this epic:

- AOC watching a weird hologram orb show. Senate Majority leader Palpamitch sits next to her and is like “aw shucks, did I ever tell ya the story of the tortoise and the hare?”

- Master Schumer is about to throw palpamitch out of the window, AOC says “no, it’s not the Libby way.” Master Schumer says “ya know, throwing him out of a window without a trial might make me unpopular with a hypothetical Long Island household headed by a retired cop. I better re cons—“ then palpamitch unleashes lightening on Master Schumer and his hideous face become even more hideous.

- before the Senate, Palpamitch declares “these unceasing and hypocritical liberal assaults on me have left be scarred. Nevertheless, I’ll shall persist in filling the galactic Supreme Court with Judges from the Federalist Dark Side Society. I can do this because I have a majority in this chamber even though that majority represents only 0.0000154% of sentient life in the galaxy.”

-And of course, AOC being nearly burned to death after a lengthy light saber duel in a burning coal mine.

I’m picturing in this epic:

- AOC watching a weird hologram orb show. Senate Majority leader Palpamitch sits next to her and is like “aw shucks, did I ever tell ya the story of the tortoise and the hare?”

- Master Schumer is about to throw palpamitch out of the window, AOC says “no, it’s not the Libby way.” Master Schumer says “ya know, throwing him out of a window without a trial might make me unpopular with a hypothetical Long Island household headed by a retired cop. I better re cons—“ then palpamitch unleashes lightening on Master Schumer and his hideous face become even more hideous.

- before the Senate, Palpamitch declares “these unceasing and hypocritical liberal assaults on me have left be scarred. Nevertheless, I’ll shall persist in filling the galactic Supreme Court with Judges from the Federalist Dark Side Society. I can do this because I have a majority in this chamber even though that majority represents only 0.0000154% of sentient life in the galaxy.”

-And of course, AOC being nearly burned to death after a lengthy light saber duel in a burning coal mine.
you forget AOC and Based Jesus Based Jesus secret lovechild growing up eating Kale and drinking soy milk and then eventually saving the galaxy.

Sidenote: It is amazing how much bad economic policy society accepts because of the whining of billionaires, or because it supports their finessing.

So I’m curious what policy distortions billionaires push hard for?

I know that the wealthiest 20% push for and get unequal k-12 funding, barriers to entry into the professions (unpaid internships being legal, scope of practice regulations which artificially boast the income for doctors), NIMBYism, mortgage interest deductions. Basically, well paid, well educated workers, with lots of home equity trying to replicate that for their kids.

Then there’s the top 1% who mostly make money through finance and they want low capital gains and carried interest to stick around.

Then there’s the multi, multi billionaires who have much private wealth that they are a political entity unto themselves. I’m mostly talking about Bezos and Zuckerberg, people who can basically act as central economic planners.

What distortionary policies do “ordinary” Billionaires push for and get?

you forget AOC and Based Jesus Based Jesus secret lovechild growing up eating Kale and drinking soy milk and then eventually saving the galaxy.

-My aunt and uncle were kale farmers, they told me my mother ran a vegan co op.

- master yoda has made a dish “for my family, this soup is.”

- in the first movie, Luke wears a white Bernie 2020 shirt, symbolizing his naivety, but by the third movie, he wears black ANTIFA gear and swaggers into the fat MRA youtuber’s lair and kills his beloved pet with a can of soup. The fat MRA youtuber captures Luke’s SJW sister and forces her to be a trad wife but the sister crochets a rope and strangles the fat youtuber during the fourth hour of his live cast.

- General Trump seeks to “Sweep out” the eco terrorists on the forest moon.

- Chubacca is Gritty in this, obviously.

Last edited:
So I’m curious what policy distortions billionaires push hard for?

I know that the wealthiest 20% push for and get unequal k-12 funding, barriers to entry into the professions (unpaid internships being legal, scope of practice regulations which artificially boast the income for doctors), NIMBYism, mortgage interest deductions. Basically, well paid, well educated workers, with lots of home equity trying to replicate that for their kids.

Then there’s the top 1% who mostly make money through finance and they want low capital gains and carried interest to stick around.

Then there’s the multi, multi billionaires who have much private wealth that they are a political entity unto themselves. I’m mostly talking about Bezos and Zuckerberg, people who can basically act as central economic planners.

What distortionary policies do “ordinary” Billionaires push for and get?

- I would say it is definitely weak antitrust enforcement. People go from billionaire to multibillionaire to WTF level billionaire, because they gain market sufficient market power.

You will hear billionaires preach about there not needing an activist regulator state because the market will sort things out. Then they buy up companies, engage in price wars, and do other rent-seeking activities until they have monopolistic power.

-Other stuff I would say stock buybacks, a tax code and enforcement system that makes tax avoidance much easier, and a generally weak regulator state.

Last edited:
People more have an issue with the fact the economy makes people like Bloomberg possible while condemning millions to economic despair.

These are choices, not inevitabilities.

Not every penny of Bloomberg's wealth was built on the back of his entrepreneurial spirit. He has also benefited from an economy structured in a manner that has made it easier for him to compound the money he earned into more and more wealth. And it would be less or even not obscene it at the same time the economy was not so hostile to workers, the poor, etc. If it looked our for labor more, instead of capital.

We can have billionaires, millionaires, and much less income equality. We can have billionaires and have drastically lower levels of poverty, food insecurity, economic despair, etc. America has the money, wealth, and resources for that world to exist. The trade-off would just have to be that the top 1% is a bit less ridiculously rich than they are.

America chooses to prioritize and protect the wishes of people like billionaires instead of helping the poor. Our monetary policy, tax policy, fiscal policy, more often benefit them than the tons more people that live in poverty.

I don't know why you can't read a comment like that and think "You know, maybe we can have a world where there are very rich people but everyone has a basic respectable standard of living. So yes, the levels and type of inequality we have are obscene. It should be a different way"

Instead of the constant reaction of "STOP BEING MEAN TO THE BILLIONAIRES"
People like Bloomberg are literally GIVING their money away for causes they believe in. You might feel the government can give away Mikes money better by enlisting harsher tax laws but I trust Mike a little more, besides the wealthy will always skirt these laws. The middle and lower classes always get screwed.

I always make the abortion comparison, god forbid Roe is overturned, you don't think the Don is sending his sidepiece to Europe to get the procedure done?

I don't read comments like that and cape for billionaires, lol, they don't give a **** about me. I DO roll my eyes because its an easy sound bite without much meat. Bloomberg deserves his wealth as much as any wealthy (top 20%) individual does, of course there is luck involved, of course Bloomberg benefited from societal systems.

IMO fiscal/monetary policy should be overhauled, look no further than who is winning from this crises. 80% of the country is praying for the stimulus and the other 20% is buying homes over ask for gods sake. But don't tell me Bloomberg having 100M to spend towards election while others are poor is obscene....it's an oversimplification.

Back
Top Bottom