***Official Political Discussion Thread***

41s8nc17wxL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Bethesda Softworks, which is the publisher/owner for Bethesda Game Studios.

They got their game because they were founded in Bethesda, MD. But they are now headquartered in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area.

Gotcha. Thanks for the update. I thought you were referring to Microsoft buying up property in Bethesda, MD........similar to Amazon buying up space in Alexandria, VA for the new warehouse there.

Biden also warned the civil rights leaders that pressure on the incoming administration around police reform could hurt the party’s chances in the Georgia Senate runoffs, claiming that the Republicans’ ability to define that party as in favor of defunding the police is “how they beat the living hell out of us across the country.”

Biden insisted that his commitment to police reform was unwavering but argued that the branding effort had done too much damage.

“I also don’t think we should get too far ahead ourselves on dealing with police reform in that, because they’ve already labeled us as being ‘defund the police’ anything we put forward in terms of the organizational structure to change policing — which I promise you, will occur. Promise you,” Biden said.

“That’s how they beat the living hell out of us across the country, saying that we’re talking about defunding the police. We’re not. We’re talking about holding them accountable. We’re talking about giving them money to do the right things. We’re talking about putting more psychologists and psychiatrists on the telephones when the 911 calls through. We’re talking about spending money to enable them to do their jobs better, not with more force, with less force and more understanding.”

The slogan “defund the police” has been blamed for House and Senate losses by Majority Whip James Clyburn, D-S.C., along with other moderate House Democrats. Former President Barack Obama joined in, calling it a snappy slogan that cost votes.

“I just raise it with you to think about how much do we push between now and January 5 — we need those two seats — about police reform. But I guarantee you, there will be a full-blown commission. I guarantee you it’s a major, major, major element,” Biden said.

Typical Texas ultra-conservative behavior of the last 50 years:

Republican in the WH: Texans are ultra-patriotic and can't stand dissent from the left. Favorite slogan: "America! Love it or leave it"

Democrat in the WH: Texans suddenly hate the Federal Government, again.
Favorite slogans: "States Rights!" and "Live Free or Die"

So predictable

can any lawyers or persons with a good understanding of the law chime in on the potential for this latest legal stunt from Texas to succeed? i’m not educated enough on the subject and out of all the lawsuits, this one seems to be backed with the most support. dwalk31 dwalk31 is a lawyer and I know there are others. Belgium Belgium has probably read up on it. Methodical Management Methodical Management probably has a good grasp as to the validity of it.

Desperation at every turn but I honestly feel unsettled by every thing they're pulling. The precedent the GOP are setting for the future is what has me constantly concerned about the next four, especially in the next general election. Not sure it's doing me any good to worry about 2024, but the writing seems to be on the wall for democracy if they don't get curb stomped out of office for the foreseeable future. Judging by the last election....idk bros.

Back
Top Bottom