***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Trump is probably like Bush 2.0

Wars and more war budget
Taxes up for middle classes and bizness
Tax cuts for upper classes & 1%

I do see immigration reform happening

You know like they say once U profit u can't really undo it, from here on out costs and profits will go up and society will be more divided

Really hope you're wrong about more war,the likeliest new conflict would be with Iran once he undoes the Nuclear deal and it needs to be repeated,Iran is NOT Iraq. A war/occupation in Iran would be way more expensive,difficult and deadly given the fact that Iran is 3.5 times bigger than Iraq, has a diverse population twice as big,mountainous terrain and a formidable military. It would be a nightmare of a conflict that could ruin the economy but hopefully the likelihood of all of that decreases given Trump's relationship with Putin

Last edited:

This thread has been moving really fast for obvious reasons but if I remember correctly @Osh Kosh Bosh
  was discussing with some people ITT what the democratic party could do in response to this. If I recall correctly some were arguing they have to move more progressive and @Osh Kosh Bosh
 was saying he expects them to move more central again. 

While it would be nice for the democratic party to move more left and embrace that there is historical precedence  to @Osh Kosh Bosh
's argument. We have seen the democratic party respond this way before with how they lost the election to President Bush Sr. They where desperate to win elections after that so they compromised moved more central and embraced many aspects of Law and Order which Republicans used to win since Reagan and we know how that went.

While I think its likely the democratic party responds the same way (word to my sig) I would hope they learn from their mistakes and realize because of the inevitably changing demographics being "the party of diversity" is the best thing for long term success.
Maybe, but with the voting rights act gutted, and 4 years of a Trump presidency, possible 2 conservative supreme court judges, and a thin Democratic Party bench, republican state legislators every where

Republicans can totally blunt the impact of those demographic changes for a good long while.

You think the Democrats are going to keep on taking L's as the party of diversity?

I don't see it, I think Bernie Bro's and Jill Stien morons (like Marc Lamont Hill) are in for a rude awakening.
The part I highlighted in red is honestly why objectively I expect them to make the same mistake they made before. I expect them to more more central again to start winning again and then we have another slow progression over a couple decades back to the left before another reset (just like Reagan winning followed by Bush Sr. winning, Trump winning potentially causing it, what ever the **** happens after that 
sick.gif
) pushing them back central again wash rinse repeat.

This is what I expect to happen given this countries history. I just hold out hope they can think a little bit more long-term then short-term but then again an argument can be made the Democratic party will have to shift more centrally to kind of mitigate the destruction the republican party could do. Like you said the voting rights act is gutted right now and could get worse if they don't compromise and move more central. Or the could be obstructionist themselves like the Republican party was during President Obama's time BUT then they risk giving the Republican Party a super majority in a couple years as well doing that.

Ir's a very complex and kinda ****ed situation tbh.

Last edited:
For some odd reason, I think while people are fighting over racial issues, the economy will improve with this dude in office. I just have that feeling.

I mean, he will not do more harm than Reagan and I'm still salty over that bailout of banks and seeing my folks 401k's dwindle on gp.

Have a good day. Won't be arguing.

Last edited:
Democrats know they have our vote no matter what they do or don't do. They are never gonna do **** for black people. This voting thing ain't solving anything. We've seen it. Don't give me that minimal progress or small progress talk. AmeriKKKa just showed you how they feel about so called progress. White racism did this. It ain't nobody else's fault. It is what it is. They showed you who they are so believe them.

What's crazy to me is 33% of Latino males and 26% Latino females voted for Trump. I know alot of them like to think they're white but damn.

All the Trump supporters I know in real life are Mexicans from California. I know they only make up about 10% of the Mexicans I know, but it still just confuses me so much :lol:

Last edited:
If an alien comes from saturn and runs for president as a democrat under the platform the he would immediate vaporize all left handed people.

I suspect left handed people will vote republican.

The democrats then add left handed vaporization to their party platform and for the next 50 years, left handed people always vote republican. :lol:

Would you then complain that left handed people are slaves to the republican part because 99% of them vote republican? :lol:

cmon man. :lol:

Last edited:

Well one example I would consider minimal progress which is progress non the less is under Obama we saw cases of when  a cop murdered a black person the DOJ would investigate and expose the police force for what it is to the masses. This was minimal progress that would have lead to something bigger and would have continued under Clinton. We can kiss that minimal progress goodbye now under Trump.

THIS!!! 

Things the "both sides are trash I'm not voting" people don't/didn't think about.

Whole lot of people are in for a rude awakening.

You still can't use antedotal experience and incomplete information to make such a sweeping judgment

Even if that were true, what is wrong with that? Tons of upper class whites do that same with the GOP

Most welfare and government assistance in this country goes to the rich and corporations. Look at our tax code.

Voting for your economic interests is something everyone does. Well except a large majority of poor white people.

But anyway there are tons of reasons to vote Democrat over GOP with your black.

Bro I'm not for GOP that's the thing. Not once have I stated that. I just feel for our people we need something specifically tailored to our needs and the development of our areas and people.

Then more black people should take more interest in the primary process.

That is how the Tea Party took control of the GOP.

You barter your vote in the primaries, you send up you own candidates in the primaries, to lose, you win , you learn, party bends to you needs.

When it comes time for the general election, you just show up to vote , and you vote Democrat up and down the ticket. And mandate they put in a socially democratic platform

You punish the GOP for the white supremacy, you send them scurrying out of Congress, governships, and state houses. And you leave them with the hard option of their changing their ways to get black votes, or continues taking Ls.

-After Obama and Dems won everywhere in 2008, that is how those white nationalist in the Teas Party and the GOP struck back.

Through persistence, not revolution. They continued this in midterms and finally the Presidential Election.

------------------

I don't say vote Dem just because I am loyal to them, no black person should be loyal just to be loyal. No persona at all for that matter

But voting Dem, up and down the ticket, is the best tactical move the black community can make right now. And on a individual level, that holds true for most black people still.

You know I'm into this ****, and you know I like to talk policy, I could right a second essay about how much damage Trump will/can do to black people, and folk seem not to realize.

How much the current Dem platform and polices implicitly help the black community, maybe my not advancing the movement, but protecting policies that help us.

The Dems are not perfect, they are frustrating, we don't owe them any loyalty, but they are a vessel the black community can use to advance. The GOP is all around white supremacist ****

If I didn't think they were, I won't be supporting them, and advocating that people vote for them. And this is about changing the GOP too.

Last edited:
These idiots like Tariq that advocate not voting need to be put on blast.

Alot of people are two faced. They might act liberal and progressive in public but best believe in private and at the polling booth, their true colors come out. Not any different from the KKK wearing a mask :smh:

People saying that the Democrats, or Democratic platform has nothing for black people, must not know much about public policy and economics.

Democrats know they have our vote no matter what they do or don't do. They are never gonna do **** for black people. This voting thing ain't solving anything. We've seen it. Don't give me that minimal progress or small progress talk. AmeriKKKa just showed you how they feel about so called progress. White racism did this. It ain't nobody else's fault. It is what it is. They showed you who they are so believe them.

What's crazy to me is 33% of Latino males and 26% Latino females voted for Trump. I know alot of them like to think they're white but damn.
Latinos are angling to become the new accepted whites just like the italians, irish and eastern europeans :smh:

Loyalty to a party is stupid in general.

???

Aint no loyalty.

People are making decisions, based on what the party is offering.

People who run this whole black party democratic loyalty nonsense are either full of **** or simply ignorant.

Aint no black people voting democrat just to do it.

Bruh I really respect you and RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

And yes, I'm from the hood so most of the people I grew up around are ignorant to different political views.

But I know first hand a lot o voters vote democrat just cause its seeded in us that thats who's for us.

Its a reason why Hilary was parading around dabbing and talking about hot sauce.

Clinton played the sax and Obama was Oganja.

It's sickening IMO.

We are just votes.

I learned along time ago what they think of us.

A vote.

Even if u think the Dems ain't do nothing for us, black ppl still voting for em for the simple fact that Republicans either shown that they are worse or care even less than the dems too ...you go with the best option presented in front of u , don't do the trump n reachin rico "why not? Let's just try something else " special ...when the other sides SHOW they are the better option then that's where the vote is going to go , we not stupid

So if this "voting thing" is not working as you put it what is your solution to any of this and more importantly when will it be tangible??

???

Aint no loyalty.

People are making decisions, based on what the party is offering.

People who run this whole black party democratic loyalty nonsense are either full of **** or simply ignorant.

Aint no black people voting democrat just to do it.
Alot of black people are sadly. They regurgitate what the media feeds them. A typical hood dude aint delving deeper and forming their own conclusion. They accept what they're told and how to think :smh:

Bruh I really respect you and RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

And yes, I'm from the hood so most of the people I grew up around are ignorant to different political views.

But I know first hand a lot o voters vote democrat just cause its seeded in us that thats who's for us.

Its a reason why Hilary was parading around dabbing and talking about hot sauce.

Clinton played the sax and Obama was Oganja.

It's sickening IMO.

We are just votes.

I learned along time ago what they think of us.

A vote.
Pretty much. They give black folk scraps then come calling for black votes when it's election time.

Ever wonder why these so called liberals try their damn hardest to isolate themselves from minorities in the suburbs yet claim to champion minority causes

Forgot where I read this but there is some truth to it. In the north you can be black and be my boss but you can't be my neighbor. The the south, you can be my neighbor but you can't be my boss.

Last edited:
For real for real Barack and Michelle went harder for Hilary than she did for herself. Listening to them talk her up almost made me vote for her ***. :lol: Michelle killed that one speech.

So if this "voting thing" is not working as you put it what is your solution to any of this and more importantly when will it be tangible??

Economic base.

Back
Top Bottom