***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Vader was actually competent at his job
Since he killed his boss that's a no 
laugh.gif
 At least he looked cool while doing his job though

Klingon is an actual real language now. Not even kidding.
Someone actually tried to raise his son to speak klingon naturally.

His kid went along for a while until he got old enough to realize only his dad spoke that **** and it was a waste of his time.

He stopped responding to his father unless he spoke to him in english and the project died.

His kid went along for a while until he got old enough to realize only his dad spoke that **** and it was a waste of his time.
He stopped responding to his father unless he spoke to him in english and the project died.

:rofl: :rofl:

[thread="509493"]So we know all these things, how do we get him out of this position? Someone with an obvious prejudice and effect on the system and ability to affect a lot of people's happiness.[/thread]
This is what I don't get. All the info is out there, and everyone is outraged...I'm still waiting on all the checks and balances my professors in college told me were in place to prevent this.

Checks and balances only work when the office holders rule in good faith.

:rofl:

That's why you teach your wife first.

But you have to remember it took Vader hours to get ready in the morning and face the world. Vader getting worked on in his chambers it like Trump having to throw on a fresh coat of cheeto paint and gluing in his lace front before he can be seen

Trump hair is like Vader's helmet. All you think when you see it is "I wonder what is under there"
trump basically possesses all the worst traits of vader and none of the good ones.

in other words, just like anakin, he hates sand because he's got sand in his vagina.

roll.gif

That's why you teach your wife first.
The wife was in on it and decided to speak english to the kid so that he would develop somewhat normally 
laugh.gif

I think they were both linguistics professors or something like that. They basically ran an experiment on their own child 
laugh.gif

I would've been down to learn Klingon. I wouldn't be public about it. But I think it would've been cool to know a language that only one percent of earth knows. Lmao

Imagine the US government tries this ish. Would be able to get away with using it to share intelligence for a little while before other countries catch on to it, I bet

Last edited:
ite rusty let Democrats waste political capital on a nomination that replaces a sudden death of a conservative with another conservative. :lol:

Buddy, when this pick was announced I laid out reason for and against using the filibuster, and the political reasoning behind it.

You weren't around, you missed it, which is fine, but miss me with this "Ohhh Rusty is just being a hardline liberal and wants to filibuster ****".

I gave my reason to keep the court at 4-4, which is to insure the lower courts ruling on voter ID and gerrymandering are upheld.

but we're not talking about justifying da means...we're talking about how smart is it strategy wise for Democrats to spend political capital on a basically certain nomination that doesn't change da balance of power.... they're gonna cry wolf one too many times.

No the two of you're were tryna throw jabs, that was it. Sit down, shut up

:lol: u still not addressing da issue..so imma just ask again till I get a answer, would it be wise politically for Democrats to be obstructionists on a conservative nominee that is basically a shoe in to replace a conservative Judge?

seeing as they have no recourse to stop him and using da nuke option means next time someone goes Trump got Green light to go as right as he want.

if you're wondering whom to root for this sunday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...sed-to-be-easy-until-donald-trump-came-along/

Brady, though. Brady hurt. Particularly when contrasted with the outright bravery of Colin Kaepernick, who kick-started a movement this season when he refused to stand for the national anthem, or other megastars such as LeBron James who’ve been outspoken politically, or NBA coaches such as Gregg Popovich and Steve Kerr, who’ve strongly criticized Trump’s ban on travel from seven majority-Muslim nations.

ite rusty let Democrats waste political capital on a nomination that replaces a sudden death of a conservative with another conservative. :lol:

Buddy, when this pick was announced I laid out reason for and against using the filibuster, and the political reasoning behind it.

You weren't around, you missed it, which is fine, but miss me with this "Ohhh Rusty is just being a hardline liberal and wants to filibuster ****".

I gave my reason to keep the court at 4-4, which is to insure the lower courts ruling on voter ID and gerrymandering are upheld.

but we're not talking about justifying da means...we're talking about how smart is it strategy wise for Democrats to spend political capital on a basically certain nomination that doesn't change da balance of power.... they're gonna cry wolf one too many times.

No the two of you're were tryna throw jabs, that was it. Sit down, shut up

:lol: u still not addressing da issue..so imma just ask again till I get a answer, would it be wise politically for Democrats to be obstructionists on a conservative nominee that is basically a shoe in to replace a conservative Judge?

seeing as they have no recourse to stop him and using da nuke option means next time someone goes Trump got Green light to go as right as he want.

Republicans love the filibuster though and they have been very effective at using it. Why would they get rid of that when they know they won't have the majority in either house forever for just one pick?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...01b6b443624_story.html?utm_term=.2892ac35db88

According to the Brookings Institution, the 500 counties won by Clinton produced 64 percent of U.S. economic output, while the 2,600 counties won by Trump produced just 36 percent of GDP.

The basic pattern is simple: It is blue states, which voted against Trump in 2016, that fund the red states that voted for him. From 1990 to 2009, Clinton states collectively paid $2.4 trillion more in federal taxes than they received in federal spending, while Trump states altogether received $1.3 trillion more than they paid.

The truth in 2017 is that it is the right who are living off welfare paid for by the left.

Last edited:
But you have to remember it took Vader hours to get ready in the morning and face the world. Vader getting worked on in his chambers it like Trump having to throw on a fresh coat of cheeto paint and gluing in his lace front before he can be seen

Trump hair is like Vader's helmet. All you think when you see it is "I wonder what is under there"

Wait there's a "winter White House"?

Edit: apparently outside residences is a thing. I don't like it.

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...01b6b443624_story.html?utm_term=.2892ac35db88

According to the Brookings Institution, the 500 counties won by Clinton produced 64 percent of U.S. economic output, while the 2,600 counties won by Trump produced just 36 percent of GDP.

The basic pattern is simple: It is blue states, which voted against Trump in 2016, that fund the red states that voted for him. From 1990 to 2009, Clinton states collectively paid $2.4 trillion more in federal taxes than they received in federal spending, while Trump states altogether received $1.3 trillion more than they paid.

The truth in 2017 is that it is the right who are living off welfare paid for by the left.

If you put those numbers next to demographic stats in the US (80% of people live in urban areas vs 20% in rural areas), you can make a pretty sensible argument against the electoral college.

The blue states have more immigrants. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom