***Official Political Discussion Thread***

gmvx8azvtmj61.jpg

You voted for this to happen, and then supported it for four years. You voted to keep it going for another four and lost. Do you remember that?

He didn't support it. He just came in here every single day defending everything Trump did by saying "crime bill" and donated money to Trump's campaign so he could get a red hat. If you guys call that supporting then I don't know what to tell you. If repeating First Step Act 70 times a day like you have Tourette's makes you a supporter then this is not a world I want to live in.

They are both federally managed insurance programs. The arguments for requiring participation for each are, broadly speaking, the same.

id opt out if I could not pay in and it wouldn’t screw others.

I'm not trying to stop anybody getting it but I’d rather have my ss money than the government.

id opt out if I could not pay in and it wouldn’t screw others.

I'm not trying to stop anybody getting it but I’d rather have my ss money than the government.

This isn't true. Your FICA payments go to current social security recipients. Whatever is excess goes into a general purpose trust. The point of that trust is to smooth revenue over time, but it's not really a pension or retirement account.

For people who become disabled or die early in their careers, social security benefits can be substantially larger than the taxes they paid in. That means that someone is subsidizing those benefits by taking out less than they put in. If we take out all the people that pay more than they get, the system fails. It's just like ACA: remove the healthy people from the pool and the system fails.

With anyone that touches that robot getting shot

Having officers following the drone around would undermine its entire purpose. But...

Someone gonna slip up and mess with it as a joke, and they gonna get hit with tons of felonies for destroying city property

As usual, Rusty is spot on. Was anyone ever really worried about Bird and Lime in NYC?

What an incredible discovery, I almost can't believe it
I wonder where they found this unheard of right to a public defender, the constitution or something?

Last edited:
Hear me out....have we tried giving them more money?

I see the Boston Dynamics bots got a new paint job.

Years from now, the current executives will cash out and make a documentary about how sorry they are and how they "couldn't predict" that their technology would end up ****ing up the world for the rest of us.

Sometimes, the way I feel about science is the same way I feel about religion: love the teachings, but not the people who practice it.

And this is why I’m against more taxes for regular people. :lol:

police got f’ing robot dogs but they don’t have money to help people out.

ok...
Agreed. Let me bubble in where I want my taxes going. Any percent going towards garbage like this is a crime. Not to mention they’re going to contracts supplied by their buddies. Money just rolling right back into their pockets

Agreed. Let me bubble in where I want my taxes going. Any percent going towards garbage like this is a crime. Not to mention they’re going to contracts supplied by their buddies. Money just rolling right back into their pockets

bruh, it’s like giving a 9 year old $10,000 dollars and telling them to hit target up and get what you need.

it’s gonna be like one off brand box of cereal and the rest gets spent on a bunch of **** you never asked for and will probably hurt you.

let’s work on spending the money they get wisely before we talk of raising taxes.

you can’t compare evil *** America to some high tax country like Switzerland and say “well they have high taxes and good healthcare”

ok cool, we have high taxes and **** healthcare and if you give them more money we’ll still have **** healthcare and robot police dogs and maybe a new stadium for football and monster truck shows.

Back
Top Bottom