**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Man, your dog is like mine. Can’t sit on the couch where you’re supposed to.

NOPE, let’s sit on the back and ruin all the cushions.

your girl is also like mine, so many damn decorative pillows you can’t use the couch or bed.
:lol:

Not my dog but posting a picture of Coal Gang's Animal Division Leader Jameson.
477879B7-FE10-4CC2-8B19-7291046F65C0.jpeg

Been a scary past month or so. My 4 year old beagle started having seizures, which we didn’t realize were seizures until the last one. Even had him at a vet before that and they couldn’t give us a conclusive answer. All his bloodwork And urine came back clean, leaving us with only a few options that could be causing them, one of them being A brain tumor. So we looked everywhere for an apt with a neurologist but everyone was booked. Had to drive 2hrs away for an apt just to be sent home and told to come back the next day.
Got him scanned, and while waiting in the parking lot got an email from the dock saying “the first picture is a scan of a “normal” dog brain, the second is a picture of your dogs brain. Will discuss shortly.” So we’re in the parking lot freaking out, when this other lady waiting for her dog is talking to us and told us she used to have a beagle that started having seizures around age 3, turns out it had a brain tumor. So my wife starts breaking down. I’m trying to hold it together. Finally get on the phone with the vet and he’s going through the results super slow; felt like an eternity. I just wanted to shout at him to tell us what the diagnosis is. Ends up being that his brain isn’t normal, but he doesn’t think that’s the reason for the seizures. Nothing overly concerning from the MRI, so it was ruled to be epilepsy. Never thought I would be so happy to learn my dog has epilepsy. He’s happy and at home now, but will be on meds the rest of his life.

985FEF5A-C1EC-4B22-9664-D8DB51D41486.jpeg

Been a scary past month or so. My 4 year old beagle started having seizures, which we didn’t realize were seizures until the last one. Even had him at a vet before that and they couldn’t give us a conclusive answer. All his bloodwork And urine came back clean, leaving us with only a few options that could be causing them, one of them being A brain tumor. So we looked everywhere for an apt with a neurologist but everyone was booked. Had to drive 2hrs away for an apt just to be sent home and told to come back the next day.
Got him scanned, and while waiting in the parking lot got an email from the dock saying “the first picture is a scan of a “normal” dog brain, the second is a picture of your dogs brain. Will discuss shortly.” So we’re in the parking lot freaking out, when this other lady waiting for her dog is talking to us and told us she used to have a beagle that started having seizures around age 3, turns out it had a brain tumor. So my wife starts breaking down. I’m trying to hold it together. Finally get on the phone with the vet and he’s going through the results super slow; felt like an eternity. I just wanted to shout at him to tell us what the diagnosis is. Ends up being that his brain isn’t normal, but he doesn’t think that’s the reason for the seizures. Nothing overly concerning from the MRI, so it was ruled to be epilepsy. Never thought I would be so happy to learn my dog has epilepsy. He’s happy and at home now, but will be on meds the rest of his life.

985FEF5A-C1EC-4B22-9664-D8DB51D41486.jpeg

Handsome hound.

Sorry to hear. My dachshund lived 16.5 yrs and he had epilepsy. His 1st seizure was at age 10. He was on KBr for about 4 yrs and CBD oil for 2.5. The KBr messed up his liver & kidney #s. We changed up his diet, wife cooked better food for him than for me. Hoping for the best for your pup.

What's a good age for kids to be when you get a dog? My dog passed away last year (RIP Guinness) and my son was almost 3. He will be 4 in November, and we have a 6 month old now too. My plan was to wait like 2 more years at least, but I've been really missing having a dog around. Anyone have any similar experiences/advice?

Most likely when we do get one I will get a shelter dog, but I kinda want to get a Chocolate Lab, or Golden Retriever

Handsome hound.

Sorry to hear. My dachshund lived 16.5 yrs and he had epilepsy. His 1st seizure was at age 10. He was on KBr for about 4 yrs and CBD oil for 2.5. The KBr messed up his liver & kidney #s. We changed up his diet, wife cooked better food for him than for me. Hoping for the best for your pup.

thanks! They put him on Zonisamide, which the vet told us has the least impact on the liver compared to other options(50% vs. 98%). He also said the side effects are low to none. We also have him on CBD oil which the vet recommended but said to monitor potential interactions with the new meds.

We learned a lot from this situation and I hope by sharing this that it can alert other dog owners of early signs of seizures to get your dog help ASAP. Dog seizures can come in so many different ways and severities. One thing that is a tell tale sign of a seizure is that the dog has a “tell” right as it starts to happen. Usually they run over to you and get Really clingy. Then he would start chewing his tongue and licking the air. He would then lose control and begin urinating, vomit, and lose balance. It wasn’t until the last one he had where he was actually shaking like you think of when you think of seizures. It spooked us really bad.
The number of dark thoughts that have gone through my head thinking of what this could have been has really put a lot of things in perspective for me. This pup has been through a lot with us and the thought of losing him this early was devastating. If we didn’t have such a small apt, I would go out this evening and adopt another 1-2 dogs lol. They’re really the most lovable, incredible creatures on this earth. We truly do not deserve them.

What's a good age for kids to be when you get a dog? My dog passed away last year (RIP Guinness) and my son was almost 3. He will be 4 in November, and we have a 6 month old now too. My plan was to wait like 2 more years at least, but I've been really missing having a dog around. Anyone have any similar experiences/advice?

Most likely when we do get one I will get a shelter dog, but I kinda want to get a Chocolate Lab, or Golden Retriever

we got our youngest dog Tano when my daughter was only a year old, and now theyre as thick as thieves...i honestly think it depends on your lifestyle and choice of breed. My Doxie and Bully have their bursts of energy but are chill 95% of the time which was great for my young kids, Labs and Retrievers are super active pretty much all the time imo, so it might be harder for smaller children...ive also never owned those breeds so i cant say for sure

Last thursday we got the news that my 6yr old girls has lymphoma. Prior to that it had been a few weeks of running tests blood work, fine needle aspiration and ultra sounds. we got referred over to an oncologist last monday and found out thursday that it was lymphoma. she started chemo the next day as it’s aggressive and spreads quickly. she’s looking at about 16 weeks of weekly treatments. hoping for the best. they tell us we caught it fairly early. also her energy level is completely normal which is a good sign. it’s been a roller coaster of emotions and it’s just getting started i’m sure.

487344B0-597B-488A-9863-3AD671E92BDB.jpeg

Last edited:
Last thursday we got the news that my 6yr old girls has lymphoma. Prior to that it had been a few weeks of running tests blood work, fine needle aspiration and ultra sounds. we got referred over to an oncologist last monday and co fined thursday that it was lymphoma. she started chemo the next day as it’s aggressive and spreads quickly. she’s looking at about 16 weeks of weekly treatments. hoping for the best. they tell us we caught it fairly early. also her energy level is completely normal which is a good sign. it’s been a roller coaster of emotions and it’s just getting started i’m sure.

487344B0-597B-488A-9863-3AD671E92BDB.jpeg

Very sorry to hear. Hoping for her full recovery.
She's the official mascot for NT Preme!

Back
Top Bottom