**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

20200825_165538_edited.jpg

Last thursday we got the news that my 6yr old girls has lymphoma. Prior to that it had been a few weeks of running tests blood work, fine needle aspiration and ultra sounds. we got referred over to an oncologist last monday and found out thursday that it was lymphoma. she started chemo the next day as it’s aggressive and spreads quickly. she’s looking at about 16 weeks of weekly treatments. hoping for the best. they tell us we caught it fairly early. also her energy level is completely normal which is a good sign. it’s been a roller coaster of emotions and it’s just getting started i’m sure.

487344B0-597B-488A-9863-3AD671E92BDB.jpeg
Whats the update man?

Whats the update man?

i was gonna wait till tuesday to post cause that’s her last chemo treatment. she’s been in remission for about a month and a half. she’s actually doing great, way more energetic (like puppy levels). the side effects from the chemo weren’t too bad but she did have some fur loss and her skin got super dry and itchy. but they gave us a special shampoo to treat it once a week. after tuesday she’ll have an appointment once a month just to see how she’s doing and to monitor for any signs of the lymphoma returning.

Overall it wasn’t totally worth it. i know it was crazy expensive and don’t even want to add up what the bills came out to :lol: but seeing her happy and healthy makes it all worth it.

with her favorite toy yesterday

9D52B268-526B-479A-9509-A4DDB8DB0B49.jpeg

i was gonna wait till tuesday to post cause that’s her last chemo treatment. she’s been in remission for about a month and a half. she’s actually doing great, way more energetic (like puppy levels). the side effects from the chemo weren’t too bad but she did have some fur loss and her skin got super dry and itchy. but they gave us a special shampoo to treat it once a week. after tuesday she’ll have an appointment once a month just to see how she’s doing and to monitor for any signs of the lymphoma returning.

Overall it wasn’t totally worth it. i know it was crazy expensive and don’t even want to add up what the bills came out to :lol: but seeing her happy and healthy makes it all worth it.

with her favorite toy yesterday

9D52B268-526B-479A-9509-A4DDB8DB0B49.jpeg
That's great to hear. I don't have any kids, so my dog is the closest I got to one so I'd be devastated if he came down with something. But situations like yours give me reassurance that there's avenues to take should something like that arises, even though it could be expensive as hell. Do you have pet insurance for her?

That's great to hear. I don't have any kids, so my dog is the closest I got to one so I'd be devastated if he came down with something. But situations like yours give me reassurance that there's avenues to take should something like that arises, even though it could be expensive as hell. Do you have pet insurance for her?

no insurance. i looked into when we got our second dog and because they’re frenchies it was something stupid like $250/mo. we just set some money aside each month for vet bills. even after all the chemo treatments we still probably saved some money over the years

Wild One leash? Good call. My boys have matching matte black ones and collars

Yup, it’s wild one. Copped that and the harness.
Their stuff is really well made, we’ve washed his harness multiple times and it always comes out looking new.
We copped the red thinking it looked infrared but now everyone just confuses him as female hah.

Back
Top Bottom