**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

All dogs instinctually know how to swim.

With that said, they can still drown.

I once saw a lab drown who swam out to catch a duck, he swam out so far and he couldn't make it back. :smh: |I

His owner jumped in after him after the dogs head went underwater.

Since then I always put a dog lifejacket on mine whenever we go swimming.

All dogs instinctually know how to swim.

With that said, they can still drown.

I once saw a lab drown who swam out to catch a duck, he swam out so far and he couldn't make it back. :smh: |I

His owner jumped in after him after the dogs head went underwater.

Since then I always put a dog lifejacket on mine whenever we go swimming.

Yeah F that. I'll spend the 50-60 bucks on a life jacket

Golden Retrievers were originally bred to retrieve fishing nets. They're natural swimmers. It's all good at a lake, but cleanup after the beach is a *****.

Last edited:
Yeah F that. I'll spend the 50-60 bucks on a life jacket
Yeah absolutely get a life jacket, as much as my pups love the water and love swimming, if we know the water is somewhat deep we slap the life jacket on them to be safe.

As Niketalker23 said, they instinctively know how to swim, but if they're not taught properly or trained often, it can definitely be disastrous.  

Better safe than sorry in this instance for sure, my pups don't seem to mind the life jacket at all, as long as they have their tennis ball or some sticks in the water they're good 

Man we were at the beach with my dog and every time a wave hit her she was gone :rofl: one of these days I'm gonna try and carry her inot a pool and she if she ends up liking it since she's a long hair and doesn't do so well in the summer

I think for the most part, small dogs are stubborn and/or annoying.

I know I'm generalizing and its not true for all dogs, but chihuahua, pinscher, beagles, yorchire, etc.

These small dogs either bark a ton and for no reason agree stubborn AF and some are just bad work kids.

Ok i had a cavalier king Charles very friendly dog, not stubborn at all but was very needy with attention. Im in the market and considering a french bulldog now.

STUBBORN AF

:lol: pretty much

Ok i had a cavalier king Charles very friendly dog, not stubborn at all but was very needy with attention. Im in the market and considering a french bulldog now.

they're great dogs, very loving, super playful. depending on their mood they can be needy for attention and stubborn, but they're just fun to have around. they have hilarious personalities even as small puppies

if you're seriously considering one I would recommend trying to spend some time around one so you can get a feel for them.

you're more than welcome to come puppy sit mine :lol:

Last edited:
Pomeranians are great small dogs..They very affectionate and they're smart..I've had a couple different kinds of Terriers and Poms are nearly as stubborn but can be once in a while..They can however be little hard to potty train, but once they are you can leave them to roam your house while at work and not have to worry about them having accidents..They're chewers while they're young, but give them plenty of toys and they'll leave your stuff alone..

Idk, growing up my cousins had pomeranians and they were not the greatest. All they'd do is yip and nip at anyone and everything, including babies. Never really could learn simple tricks either. I'd probably chalk half of that up to my cousins being not the greatest of owners, but I also think some part of my cousins' Poms' DNA was meant for them to be a terror 
laugh.gif

So from then on I went with large dogs and I haven't looked back! Affectionate, smart and they think they're lap dogs at 75 lbs, couldn't as for more
laugh.gif
 Although definitely contemplating a corgi eventually.

Gentlemen, I'm sure this question has been answered before. But how can I get my dog to enjoy taking a bath?

Also how many baths should I be giving her per week? Right now I'm doing 2 per week.

Gentlemen, I'm sure this question has been answered before. But how can I get my dog to enjoy taking a bath?

Also how many baths should I be giving her per week? Right now I'm doing 2 per week.

I had to start showering with my one dog to get him comfortable with the water and area.
But some dogs will never enjoy it without being taught they it's an ok thing.
Try treats and praise.

Depending on the bread and hairstyle; two is probably more than necessary. Any more than two and you'll start to breakdown the oils on the fur and cause skin damage.
Make sure you use a real dog shampoo. One that is for the hair type in your dog.

One of my dogs will hop in the shower or tub without being prompted. The other has to be coaxed into it.

2 times a week is excessive. My dog gets exercise every day and she only takes a bath twice a month.

2 per week is too much. It'll dry out their skin. Twice a month is the most you should do

2 per week is too much. It'll dry out their skin. Twice a month is the most you should do

Got a shih tzu and we bathe him
Once a week.
But when his hair is long and he seemingly mops the streets when we walk him, we just wash his feet.
Being that it's summer, on really hot days I'll just rinse him with some cold water then spray him with some dog conditioner spray

I give my dog (1) a week, cant go more than that personally.

The smell of dog gets to me, plus my girl has a habbit of jumping with us in bed, so no thanks!

Its recommended (1) or (2) times a month, because the skin my dry ....

Yeah. Dogs produce natural oils they need to keep their skin and fur healthy. Over washing washes too much away. It'll make their skin dry and itchy.

Back
Top Bottom