**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

My boxer has an eye ulcer.
frown.gif
 Vet said that it's slowly improving, but it's common with the boxer breed.

Dude looks so helpless everytime I put medicine in his eye. I honestly started tearing when I saw how lethargic he was, due to the meds at first.

I'm hoping he fully recovers in the next month.

My boxer has an eye ulcer.
frown.gif
 Vet said that it's slowly improving, but it's common with the boxer breed.

Dude looks so helpless everytime I put medicine in his eye. I honestly started tearing when I saw how lethargic he was, due to the meds at first.

I'm hoping he fully recovers in the next month.
Sorry to hear this fam, hope he recovers soon.

Bruhs, my girl and I are considering another dog...she has had her Yorkie for 2 years and now I am ready for my own..

Started out thinking about a Shiba, those weren't recommended for first dog owners due to their stubbornness....

Thought about a Frenchie next, then seen a lot of information about their physical health issues..I live on the third floor of an apartment and don't want the poor things back to go out...

Now I am thinking Boston Terrier. Any of you guys own/owned one? Most information I've read up on make them seem like a perfect fit.

Boston Terrier's are great but insanely hyper the first 3-4 years. My brother has one that's about to be 14 and he's been an incredible addition to the family. They lived in apartments the first 8 years and he was fine...just required a little more excercize than my Pug in order to wear him down.

Last edited:

Bruhs, my girl and I are considering another dog...she has had her Yorkie for 2 years and now I am ready for my own..

Started out thinking about a Shiba, those weren't recommended for first dog owners due to their stubbornness....

Thought about a Frenchie next, then seen a lot of information about their physical health issues..I live on the third floor of an apartment and don't want the poor things back to go out...

Now I am thinking Boston Terrier. Any of you guys own/owned one? Most information I've read up on make them seem like a perfect fit.
Boston Terrier's are great but insanely hyper the first 3-4 years. My brother has one that's about to be 14 and he's been an incredible addition to the family. They lived in apartments the first 8 years and he was fine...just required a little more excercize than my Pug in order to wear him down.
Thanks for the heads up, I don't necessarily mind her being hyper since she will have a playmate in our Yorkie who is still very active. Might be posting my own dog in here soon 
smokin.gif

So what are you guys feeding your dogs :nerd:

Got my pup with a full bag of blue buffalo but I am taking him off once his bag is done and gonna try Canidae, Merrick or 4Health. My pup will eat anything except raw meat :lol:...tried to give him chicken livers and he looked at me like I was crzay :lol:

Shibas :pimp:

I give my Puggle Taste Of The Wild Southwest Canyon... 4oz of the wet, 3oz of the dry 2x a day

But just today I noticed that I had 2 cans and the ingredients were changed... Have to look more into it

I was feeding wilderness but changed to Proplan Sport all Stages 30/20 ... I'm just looking for something that will fill her up.

I highly recommend 'honest kitchen'.. We literally tried everything with our boxer

Only foods that consistently keep his stomach ok are honest kitchen and royal canine hydrolyzed protein

I highly recommend 'honest kitchen'.. We literally tried everything with our boxer

Only foods that consistently keep his stomach ok are honest kitchen and royal canine hydrolyzed protein

Just googled "Honest Kitchen" since I've never heard of it... So far so good but I'm confused to how it says its a 10lb but actually feeds like a 40lb box

I'm guessing when you add the water it makes the food heavier which adds the weight?

Might want to give this a try, ingredients look really good

Just got a call from my Mom that they brought my dog in for his eye procedure on the eye ulcer he's been dealing with. I guess they're going to pierce the eye so it heals and the ulcer is removed?

I'm trippin out right now, since his procedure was scheduled for November.

I really want to see him, but I won't have any time to till next week.
eyes.gif
frown.gif
 I hope this procedure heals him completely.

I love goldens. Nice dog. I know a lady that has three and is going to breed one of hers. I want one badly.

Been part of the Feline Community all of my life man. Went to a co-workers party and met this White-ish Lab (puppy). No funny stuff, dude was cool as hell. I might get a dog next man.

Then the NEXT DAY, I went into a PetsMart (I always stop in to see the cats/dogs) and I saw this dog, not sure what he was, but he was scratching at the window nonstop. I was basically playing with him threw the glass. He kept scratching the glass.

HEre is a picture

What is this dog type?

Last edited:
I love goldens. Nice dog. I know a lady that has three and is going to breed one of hers. I want one badly.
Goldens are the best! Best temperament from a dog I've ever owned, great with kids and just loyal as heck with the best facial expressions, and no matter how big they get they always think they're lap dogs 
laugh.gif
 I've stuck with Goldens and Labs as I've gotten older and they really are the best.

Been part of the Feline Community all of my life man. Went to a co-workers party and met this White-ish Lab (puppy). No funny stuff, dude was cool as hell. I might get a dog next man.

Then the NEXT DAY, I went into a PetsMart (I always stop in to see the cats/dogs) and I saw this dog, not sure what he was, but he was scratching at the window nonstop. I was basically playing with him threw the glass. He kept scratching the glass.

HEre is a picture

What is this dog type?
Looks like a maltese mix of some kind. My sister in law has a few, cool dogs, not all too intelligent and they yip a lot, but they're very playful!

That lab you have up there is adorable though, one of the best temperaments a pet can have. I remember when mine was that small....now she's 95 lbs and takes up half my bed 
laugh.gif

Are there any lab breeds that max out at about 30 or so lbs. I wouldn't even want a BIG dog like that
Sadly most lab breeds reach 30 lbs by like 4-5 months, if you get a runt 
laugh.gif

I'd say English labs, on average, are smaller. I've seen them range from 45-65 lbs, nothing too huge. But not "small" either. Your best bet would be a lab mixed with a smaller breed, but those are always a crap shoot in terms of how they act and how they'll mature.

Back
Top Bottom