**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

I wanted a shiba inu but i dont think my lifestyle suits them

I've wanted a Shiba for years now. My boy and his lady got one recently and I've changed my tune :lol: for the simple fact that he is not nearly as playful as a puppy should be. He's friendly for sure, but as a breed they are that of a very stubborn temperament.

I've wanted a Shiba for years now. My boy and his lady got one recently and I've changed my tune :lol: for the simple fact that he is not nearly as playful as a puppy should be. He's friendly for sure, but as a breed they are that of a very stubborn temperament.

Yea after reading up on a lot of breeds the past week thats what it seems.

We had an akita as a family dog. He was the runt of the litter but ended up being the perfect family dog, super smart dog.

Id like opinions on these as well, i see a few own them. Im still reading posts from 2014

In the process of reading this thread as i try to pick the breed that i want.

Really thinking a french bulldog right now. Any owners?
EDIT: Ok i see a few of yall. Opinions on them?

I wanted a shiba inu but i dont think my lifestyle suits them

i've got two frenchies, and the most important thing is picking a legit breeder. frenchies are prone to certain health problem and getting one from a sketchy breeder (price is usually a dead give away) just multiplies those odds.

as a breed i think they're freakin awesome. they can be stubborn, but they have a ton of personality to go with it. they're super playful and depending on the individual personality the can be ver cuddly or more indipendent (i have one of each).

if you have any questions feel free to let me know

i've got two frenchies, and the most important thing is picking a legit breeder. frenchies are prone to certain health problem and getting one from a sketchy breeder (price is usually a dead give away) just multiplies those odds.

as a breed i think they're freakin awesome. they can be stubborn, but they have a ton of personality to go with it. they're super playful and depending on the individual personality the can be ver cuddly or more indipendent (i have one of each).

if you have any questions feel free to let me know

I was waiting for your reply after i saw your guys pic in rhe kap jersey lol i love it

I found a local breeder (delaware french bulldogs on fb) and their prices start at $2500. Thats my only deterrent right now is that theyre so expensive.

CrownRoyalDaddy CrownRoyalDaddy lol, thanks man, that's my girl tinker. I would actually say $2500 is on the low end of what they run and would go for anything any cheaper than that. i paid $3k for my female and $4k for my male. anything cheaper than $2500 i'd be worried about them coming from a puppy mill or a bad bloodline that may be prone to health or behavioral problems. definitely do as much research as possible from potential breeders. my lady and i spent about 6 months doing research and finding a breeder that we could trust. we ended up going with a breeder in socal who we saw nothing but positive info about. the guy even offers refunds if you're unhappy with your dog in the first year (which seemed weird, but speaks to his confidence). the research seems to have paid off, both pups have awesome personalities and have had zero health issues.

*edit*

look up local frenchie groups as a good way to find a solid breeder. also not something i thought about before hand, but frenchie a come in all shapes and sizes. mine are both sub 20lbs while i have friends with some 30lbs+. if you find a breeder you like ask them if they have pics of the pups they sell as adults

Last edited:
The lady and I are looking at dogs for our daughter. She's only 7 months but we want to get one in a few years. Just heard about a fox red Labrador retriever. Those dogs look great and they have short hair. Anyone ever own one before?

The lady and I are looking at dogs for our daughter. She's only 7 months but we want to get one in a few years. Just heard about a fox red Labrador retriever. Those dogs look great and they have short hair. Anyone ever own one before?

I think those are just yellow labs.

My buddy had one, was great around kids.

How active are you?

I have a Lab, and unless you dedicate at least 1 1/2-2 hours a day of solid exercise, RIP your belongings.

#1 rule to picking a dog is find a dog that matches your lifestyle. Don't just pick a dog because it's cute or because it has short hair. Labs are some of the most energetic dogs, unless you can dedicate yourself to making sure it gets enough exercise EVERYDAY, I don't suggest one.

I run/walk my dog 5 miles per day and we play tug a good amount. Also, they tend to get real fat if you don't exercise them because they east just about anything and everything. Ive found everything from tube socks, to bolts in his crap. They're like super active babies that never stop eating.

They're the ******* best though. Labs for life.

Last edited:
CrownRoyalDaddy CrownRoyalDaddy lol, thanks man, that's my girl tinker. I would actually say $2500 is on the low end of what they run and would go for anything any cheaper than that. i paid $3k for my female and $4k for my male. anything cheaper than $2500 i'd be worried about them coming from a puppy mill or a bad bloodline that may be prone to health or behavioral problems. definitely do as much research as possible from potential breeders. my lady and i spent about 6 months doing research and finding a breeder that we could trust. we ended up going with a breeder in socal who we saw nothing but positive info about. the guy even offers refunds if you're unhappy with your dog in the first year (which seemed weird, but speaks to his confidence). the research seems to have paid off, both pups have awesome personalities and have had zero health issues.

*edit*

look up local frenchie groups as a good way to find a solid breeder. also not something i thought about before hand, but frenchie a come in all shapes and sizes. mine are both sub 20lbs while i have friends with some 30lbs+. if you find a breeder you like ask them if they have pics of the pups they sell as adults

Yea im really looking at grabbing one. Ive found two breeders in the state and the most local one seems nice, just not sure id get approved. We will be in an apartment and the breeder also requires vet references which i dont have.

Id prefer to get one as big as possible though

CrownRoyalDaddy CrownRoyalDaddy i don't imagine you being in an apartment would be an issue (i'm in an apartment too). Frenchies are great apartment dogs.

for a vet reference, talk to people from the local frenchie group and see if they recommend any. i'd try to find one who is very familiar with frenchies

for the size, like i said, just ask the breeder if they have pics of the adult dogs that he has from his customers. i send the breeder pics once a year or so. they should also have an general idea of the size as an adult

Last edited:

@rillo561 its kinda crazy, i've seen blue frenchies going for $7k+. once you get the little one home though, it's all worth it.

also, for anyone looking to get a pup who's never had one, if you're planning on picking them up at 6 weeks just know that it's a ton of work. it's like having a baby. i severely underestimated it when i got my first one :lol:

Last edited:
I paid 3k for my baby, worth every cent, she is the most affectionate dog I've ever been around, this is how she spends every single moment of her time while we are home

7k :wow:

I'm a pug owner, love the little guy but he's a stubborn little ******* :lol:

My old lady that passed away a month was a pug, had her for 10 years, they are stubborn young and ***** grouchy as hell when they get old, at least mines....she was so easily bothered...lmao my frenchie would drive her nuts, since she was about 8 years old when we brought the puppy home :lol:

My old lady that passed away a month was a pug, had her for 10 years, they are stubborn young and ***** grouchy as hell when they get old, at least mines....she was so easily bothered...lmao my frenchie would drive her nuts, since she was about 8 years old when we brought the puppy home :lol:

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. Mine will be 11 this year I've had him since he was a puppy. He's super grouchy too, and as he's gotten older doesn't tolerate other dogs. I don't even want to think about when that day comes :smh: I'm going to be a mess.

I can't even imagine how I'd be when my dog leaves me :smh:

Anyone order from bestbullysticks.com? Good quality? Natural dog treats are the only treats I give my dog :lol:

One of my piggies is diabetic. So the only treats they get now are cherrios. Don't mess up his blood sugar.

Anyone order from bestbullysticks.com? Good quality? Natural dog treats are the only treats I give my dog :lol:

i found out what bullysticks were and that was the end of that :lol:

in case you don't know

my pups usually get beef ribs as a treat that keeps them busy for a while

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: yea I read about that too

He likes cow ears, duck feet, chicken feet

I'm gonna do cheerios, seems like a good little snack

You have to be careful when you are looking for a dog. There are a lot of people that talk a good game but really are no better than puppy mills. They are breeding for profit which is the worst kind. A breeder should breed to keep the AKC standards of the breed, they are continuously doing health test and can provide everything upon request.

Not I only that they can speak intelligently about the Sir and Dam and all they way down the line. Probably show you pictures of all of them as well.

If you want to find a reputable breeder, just look for your state breed clubs. Go to dog shows, mingle with the handlers/owners on site. As about future planned breeding etc.

You need finding this, look in infodog.com it will give you a listing of dog shows around the us with dates and breeds being shown and the number of dogs entered.

Sometime you look at a dog and they are very nice humble, friendly, but not a representation of the breed structurally.

7k dogs I have seen, but usually they have tons of potential and their lines are full of producers and probably the sire or dam in the top 5 dog in the country in their breed. I seen proven producers and or champions going for 10/20k easily but that's because a kennel want to put their name on it.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom