**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Heres the newest addition to our family....
King Koopa
hes a 2 month old Pug.

Last edited:
Yea im really looking at grabbing one. Ive found two breeders in the state and the most local one seems nice, just not sure id get approved. We will be in an apartment and the breeder also requires vet references which i dont have.

Id prefer to get one as big as possible though
Bro get a Cane Corso Italian Mastiff. You said you had an Akita well they're around the same size with a lot less shedding.

Here are my three all of them are half pitbull and half Corso but purebred corso's are awesome dogs that do not need the exercise and activity of a Labrador. Labs are awesome dogs also.
That's their homie Poquito my parents chihuahua.

This what the prototype looks like cropped ears and docked tails.

Last edited:
I searched for a thread... didn't find anything... Anybody watching the Westminster Dog Show? These FS1 non-dog experts are horrific. They just called the german shepherd that won the group a girl in one sentence, then a guy in the next. Katie Nolan is terrible as well.

EDIT: and the post winner interviews are so basic. :lol: "what does this mean to you" "how do you like your chances?" :x Its everything I hate about sports talk (other than lebatard)

Last edited:
I searched for a thread... didn't find anything... Anybody watching the Westminster Dog Show? These FS1 non-dog experts are horrific. They just called the german shepherd that won the group a girl in one sentence, then a guy in the next. Katie Nolan is terrible as well.

EDIT: and the post winner interviews are so basic.
laugh.gif
"what does this mean to you" "how do you like your chances?"
sick.gif
Its everything I hate about sports talk (other than lebatard)
To be fair, some of these dog handlers are weirdos too. 

The Boxer that won best of Sporting Breed... that dude was kind of a kook.  Then again, you're asking him stupid questions like "Why is this a good breed?".  

To be fair, some of these dog handlers are weirdos too. 

The Boxer that won best of Sporting Breed... that dude was kind of a kook.  Then again, you're asking him stupid questions like "Why is this a good breed?".  
lol ... I know Diego Garcia personally. He's a cool dude ... Getting paid BTW, devlin the boxer that won has close to 100k thrown at her for backing and sponsoring ... You he surprise how much money is in it and h0w much transfer of wealth happens in that business.

lol ... I know Diego Garcia personally. He's a cool dude ... Getting paid BTW, devlin the boxer that won has close to 100k thrown at her for backing and sponsoring ... You he surprise how much money is in it and h0w much transfer of wealth happens in that business.
I don't doubt it.  If "cash me outside" can make money, a guy with the best Boxer in the country/world can prob get some sponsorships for dog food, etc. 

i can't imagine the amount of money/free stuff they get. My pups get about $250 worth of raw food every month for having close to 50k instagram followers. these show dogs probably have better paying careers than most people :lol:

i can't imagine the amount of money/free stuff they get. My pups get about $250 worth of raw food every month for having close to 50k instagram followers. these show dogs probably have better paying careers than most people :lol:

Instagram

Man.... I'm not sure if I'm just too easy on my dog, or if she's too smart to know she doesn't have to listen to me.

Tell her to sit until your blue in the face while holding her collar and she won't do it.... bring a treat into the equation and you don't even have to look at her and she's sitting while holding her paw out to shake :lol:

Anyone have experience with Japanese Akita's? My wife and I are looking into getting a puppy and we decided between a Shiba Inu, Japanese Akita and Australian Shepard.

She's leaning more towards the *** Akita because of it's large stature and guard dog instincts (She's religious and it's a rule in Islam in order to have a dog living in your home, the dog must be of some occupation i.e. Guard, herd, hunting, assistance etc). I want the Aussie because of the size and intelligence. We'll be living in a townhouse in NYC by August and won't have ample space or a backyard for the *** Akita to run around, although walks along the park would be a substitute.

I work long hours, but will be able to take it out for walks in the morning and nights, and she will be home during the day. We have an extremely large family (extended) and will have the puppy socialized and exposed to many different people of various ages from infants/toddlers to adults. A few of my friends also have dogs as well, so there is the great possibility of it being socialized with many different types of dogs.

Any advice would be great!

Japanese Akita

Shiba Inu (Looks the same as Akita, but smaller)

Australian Shepard

Last edited:
My gf has a shiba, he's hilarious. Most of what you read about them is true. They don't like to listen and kind of just do what they want. He's still an amazing dog. Let me know if you have any specific questions

Oh, and you guys have good taste :lol: shiba's and Australian Shepherds are in my top 5 favorite dogs

Last edited:
any of yall had to do heartworm treatment for your dogs? s*** is brutal.

my dog (walker hound/bloodhound mix) is used to walking 3-6 miles a day but w/ the treatment they can only walk on a leash in the yard b/c if they get too much activity a piece of worm can dislodge, go in their lungs and they can die.

it's better now but for the first month or so apollo was so hyper/agitated 24/7 b/c he wasn't getting his usual exercise.

he should be worm free and able to get back to his usual routine by the end of this month but damn its been a long 3 months

Anyone have experience with Japanese Akita's? My wife and I are looking into getting a puppy and we decided between a Shiba Inu, Japanese Akita and Australian Shepard.

She's leaning more towards the *** Akita because of it's large stature and guard dog instincts (She's religious and it's a rule in Islam in order to have a dog living in your home, the dog must be of some occupation i.e. Guard, herd, hunting, assistance etc). I want the Aussie because of the size and intelligence. We'll be living in a townhouse in NYC by August and won't have ample space or a backyard for the *** Akita to run around, although walks along the park would be a substitute.

I work long hours, but will be able to take it out for walks in the morning and nights, and she will be home during the day. We have an extremely large family (extended) and will have the puppy socialized and exposed to many different people of various ages from infants/toddlers to adults. A few of my friends also have dogs as well, so there is the great possibility of it being socialized with many different types of dogs.

I'm still deciding on what I want too, but I've considered each of the three breeds you mentioned so I've done some research on them.

Even though Shibas and Akitas look similar, they're really different in about every way. Obviously the size difference. The energy difference will be stark. Akitas will be by far the mellowest out of the three and won't make much noise unless something's actually wrong. Shibas don't make much noise either, but more than the Akita does. Akitas are much more stand offish and a bigger risk in terms of liability for hurting another dog. Neither of them are good dogs off leash. Just think about what you want to come home to cause the Shiba and Akita are going to be completely different types of vibes energy wise.

I would say the Australian Shepherd is probably the most rewarding out of the three in terms of getting something back if you're investing a lot in. They're the smartest. They'll be able to keep up with any type of hiking or exercise you want to do. The most reliable out of the three off leash. The noisiest out of the three though (although the Shiba will make weird sounds at times). They'll need both mental and physical exercise. The last two, given the fact you live in a townhouse in the city, are things to really take into consideration. They're going to bark more, the more energy they have too.

They're all in different weight classes, have different personalities, noise levels, energy levels, demands, etc. Since they are pretty different, I feel like the decision will be clear once you've narrowed down specifically what you want out of it.

Keep in mind that most people who want Akitas want the red Japanese Akitas, but those are going to be by far the hardest to get out of the three dogs you listed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom