**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Fawn Girl C.jpg

Chocolate lab I rescued last month. This after a prolonged game of fetch. She's OBSESSED with tennis balls. Way more athletic than I anticipated too. Took her swimming and she was launching into the water like those competition dogs. She definitely had some training.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 8.26.23 PM.png

How old is she?

My chocolate lab Winston will be 2 in November and he is a big ball of energy.

20180711_185604.jpg 42237527_10101277524843930_8194677015266197504_o.jpg 42306195_10101278303718060_8151218203998027776_n.jpg

How old is she?

My chocolate lab Winston will be 2 in November and he is a big ball of energy.

20180711_185604.jpg 42237527_10101277524843930_8194677015266197504_o.jpg 42306195_10101278303718060_8151218203998027776_n.jpg

Not positive on her age since she's a rescue from the deep south so the information on her background is limited. The vet estimates she's about 3 years old.

She's very well behaved in the house, crate trained, and leash trained. As soon as I break out the tennis ball she turns into a completely different dog :lol:

She also has trouble using her tongue to drink water. She submerges her whole face in the bowl and just sucks it down as opposed to doing the backwards tongue spoon/scoop. Makes a mess.

My girl Makeda. I usually call her "Keda" or "KeKe"
She is full of energy and has great drive. She's one of the best dogs I've had.
Her mother was off a pit me and pops had some years back named Angel. When I tell u my female Keda has the exact same markings as her grandmother Angel it's crazy.

20180828_193114.jpg
20180828_193118.jpg
20180828_193122.jpg

I always wanted a Bull Terrier as a kid. Or a miniature one. I want a Bully or a Wolf Dog that’s near 100 wolf.

Looking for advice from Frenchie owners and everyone in general in purchasing a pup.

So me and my ex adopted a Frenchie years ago. I’m gonna say 2009. My ex’s coworker gave away a Frenchie to us because she wasn’t getting with the male. Best dog ever. We broke up, she kept Cookie.

Looking to get a pup now but don’t know where to start? Any advice? Haven’t had to go through this process before. In terms of finding the right breeder, price, etc. I’m in Los Angeles btw.

Tough to find a frenchie thats up for adoption since they are very popular. Only ones I ever see available are older and likely come with some medical issues but if you are up to it, they need someone too.

Check around for adoption sites and shelters in your area. A lot of places allow you to filter by breed if you are being specific.

Looking for advice from Frenchie owners and everyone in general in purchasing a pup.

So me and my ex adopted a Frenchie years ago. I’m gonna say 2009. My ex’s coworker gave away a Frenchie to us because she wasn’t getting with the male. Best dog ever. We broke up, she kept Cookie.

Looking to get a pup now but don’t know where to start? Any advice? Haven’t had to go through this process before. In terms of finding the right breeder, price, etc. I’m in Los Angeles btw.

start by just looking up breeders in your area and then look into them. if you find a breeder you like always ask to meet the parents of the pups to get an idea of temperament. also ask for the parents medical history.

as far as pricing, i’d steer clear of anything cheaper than around $2500. anything less is probably from a puppy mill.

start by just looking up breeders in your area and then look into them. if you find a breeder you like always ask to meet the parents of the pups to get an idea of temperament. also ask for the parents medical history.

as far as pricing, i’d steer clear of anything cheaper than around $2500. anything less is probably from a puppy mill.
Thanks brother. Gonna start doing some research.

I know finding the right pet can be challenging.

As much as people push adoption/shelter, sometimes people want a puppy from known lines or completely health tested.

I understand all dogs need a loving home, but is not for everyone.

With that said, here are a few link and where I would start. I'm sure prices are probably going to be higher ...

https://frenchbulldogclub.org

And/or

https://marketplace.akc.org

Let us know what you end up doing?

Best advice i can give is try to avoid copping the ones that are " blue" or " silver "colored. Breeders over breed , going for the rare color and the extra dollars.
As a result a lot of them that color get bad allergies, health problems or temperament due to the lack of genetic diversity. It can cost you thousands.

Other than that, go for it

I know finding the right pet can be challenging.

As much as people push adoption/shelter, sometimes people want a puppy from known lines or completely health tested.

I understand all dogs need a loving home, but is not for everyone.

With that said, here are a few link and where I would start. I'm sure prices are probably going to be higher ...

https://frenchbulldogclub.org

And/or

https://marketplace.akc.org

Let us know what you end up doing?

Thanks for all the info! Will do.

Back
Top Bottom