**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Long story short:

Found my dog 13 years ago in Texas as a stray.

Brought him to Brooklyn NYC, gave him shots, "clipped", and check out by a vet..

Lost him in Flatbush, found him in Harlem..

Recently, he bugged out and snipped at my 3 year old son resulting in a head wound to my son from his teeth... emergency room and all that

Took him to ACC and gave him up.. he ended up in a recuse spot somewhere.

Sad day man. But I couldn't explain to doctors and teachers if it happened twice

Miss him like crazy.

my girls friend found a Shiba at shelter, find of the century to say the least

i remember hearing about the SF SPCA having 12 frenchies that they had rescued up for adoption. the ages were all over from puppies to full grown. I was telling everyone I knew to go and swoop one up, but no one did :smh:

Man's best friend>>

My dog is a terrier mix and she's just as hyper :lol: [emoji]128054[/emoji]

I am moving into my new house this weekend. I have a standard poodle who is fin awesome. He is literally my best friend. Super smart, gentle, etc. My girl is moving in in a few weeks and has an American Eskimo who is a total ***hole. He's snapped/bit my dog 2 of the 3 times they were together, the only time he didn't was when I took mine to her house. When he was at my house and the park, he bit him. Bottom line is... any advice or words or wisdom for being successful bringing them together? We haven't even moved in together and are already talking about the exit strategy if it doesn't work.

Last edited:
if he bit your dog twice already you can expect to come home to a wounded dog if they're ever left alone

I'm aware. It was snapping that caught his nose both times. I just don't know what to do. Since the date is closing in it's becoming more real and I'm not sure how else to handle it. She knows her dog is an *******. She is "ok" with him being in a crate all the time if he can't play nice. But I would imagine if that ends up being the solution it will ultimately lead to the end of her and I, which isn't ideal. Just looking for some words from the NT brethren.

that's a tough situation man, it could be that once her dog gets to know your dogs they can be civil around each other. but it could also be that her dog never changes.

you're just gonna have to try for a while and find out. I hope it works out for you though. that's a ****** situation to be in

I'm aware. It was snapping that caught his nose both times. I just don't know what to do. Since the date is closing in it's becoming more real and I'm not sure how else to handle it. She knows her dog is an *******. She is "ok" with him being in a crate all the time if he can't play nice. But I would imagine if that ends up being the solution it will ultimately lead to the end of her and I, which isn't ideal. Just looking for some words from the NT brethren.
Bro you have to feed them together in the same room same time. It allows them to understand they're a pack.

Does her dog listen to you?

Is he just playing rough, or is he trying to hurt your dog?

DonRafa DonRafa yea, hoping it works out somehow, thanks man

49ersaaron8 49ersaaron8 I will def keep that in mind. We did the walk next to each other which didn't seem to do the trick. I'll try the feeding as soon as they're together.

turbospartan turbospartan it's definitely aggression, not rough play. But yes, he listens to me well, she never disciplines him which is the underlying problem. I'm hoping once I'm around all the time he realizes the **** isn't going to fly.

DonRafa DonRafa yea, hoping it works out somehow, thanks man

49ersaaron8 49ersaaron8 I will def keep that in mind. We did the walk next to each other which didn't seem to do the trick. I'll try the feeding as soon as they're together.

turbospartan turbospartan it's definitely aggression, not rough play. But yes, he listens to me well, she never disciplines him which is the underlying problem. I'm hoping once I'm around all the time he realizes the **** isn't going to fly.
You have to monitor the feeding also because dogs who do have aggressive tendencies may become food aggressive. I'd feed them about 5 maybe 10 feet from each other simultaneously putting the bowls down after they sit and stay. Add a little bit of wet/moist food to little Eskimo dudes to entice him and make him think eating in same room as other dude is a pleasurable experience.

@turbospartan it's definitely aggression, not rough play. But yes, he listens to me well, she never disciplines him which is the underlying problem. I'm hoping once I'm around all the time he realizes the **** isn't going to fly.
You said the only time he didn't bite your dog, was when you were at his house (your girls place)?  I'd have figured it was the opposite, but sometimes dogs are aggressive outside of "their" territory.   Resource aggressive.  

How old are the dogs?  Both dogs are males?

I have/had pit bulls, and I know some people don't believe in using physicality when training dogs... but if I ever catch mine giving another dog some side-eye or just doing anything aggressive or negative, I slap her upside her head.  Some dogs won't snap out of "it" just by verbal commands.  

I always stay focused on my dog's body language.   I can tell when she's started to get too focused on something (bad), or when she is just normal/relaxed (good).  Hair stands up on her back, etc.  When that type of stuff happens, I make her snap out of it.  Before anything happens. 

Since our Pugs passing 3 months ago, I now have the itch for another pup, I feel once you've had 2 dogs is hard to adjust to just 1, my wife on the other hand is a hard one to convince :frown:

These are the contenders

Convince the wife to bring home both in the bottom picture . I keed I keed . After our German shepherd passed last year finally gave in and got another dog . I felt our other dog was lonely and needed a companion . His name is Jet this is the day we got him 8 weeks . Will post a new one once his ears stand up

Last edited:
Took everyone's advice and my plans in stride.. took 2 days and they were fine. I had to slap hers once or twice and have to tell mine to leave him alone bc he's constantly harassing him, but it went way smoother than we expected. I walk them together multiple times a day, they eat in the same room, and both still have crates. They both try to mount each other when they're playing once every few days but that's about it.

@Ksteezy those are 3 of my favorite breeds right there!!! Not sure what you're living situation is, but if it's apartment/city, the Frenchie and English Bulldog might be better choices than the Corgi. We are obsessed with our little girl frenchie. Very affectionate, smart and stubborn.

Just got wifey a new camera hopefully I will be posting more pictures of our lil guy (English bulldog) soon.

im sorry but i cant defend buying dogs for these thousands of dollars when you can easily swoop one up that would otherwise die.

cant say im surprised from a bunch of men that spend more on their clothes and shoes than their girls.

both of my lil scruffs are rescues and i love em to death.

Back
Top Bottom