Official PREDATORS Movie Thread

Too much reference from the first:

Falling into the water..
Knife through the insect
Afro-Amer having a sixth instinct like Billy from original
Showdown with Yakuza like Billy did (yakuza dude shoulda won that battle... it seemed too poetic when both died)

A few more but these just the one's I can recall in 5 mins

And the Lawrence Fishburn stuff was lame! That stuff made the movie drag.... Stick to TV morpheous....

BUT
Awesome opening scene (first 20 mins was
pimp.gif
)
Awesome characters
Excellent action sequences
storyline moved well
Coolness was through the roof...

Just my opinion

Will def rip it when it comes out.....
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Too much reference from the first:

Falling into the water..
Knife through the insect
Afro-Amer having a sixth instinct like Billy from original
Showdown with Yakuza like Billy did (yakuza dude shoulda won that battle... it seemed too poetic when both died)

A few more but these just the one's I can recall in 5 mins

And the Lawrence Fishburn stuff was lame! That stuff made the movie drag.... Stick to TV morpheous....

BUT
Awesome opening scene (first 20 mins was
pimp.gif
)
Awesome characters
Excellent action sequences
storyline moved well
Coolness was through the roof...

Just my opinion

Will def rip it when it comes out.....
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by ZieGirl

but ol' boy brody shoulda left his shirt on.  i see he attempted buff up, but he's just no comparison to ahnold or the rest of the OG predator cast .
he wasn't supposed to be like them... he was actually more like a "real" military type dude than the guys in the first one.  when have you ever seen super buff dudes with ridiculous weapons? 
laugh.gif
  this kept it real and it worked out pretty well.

love the homages to the original, though, especially the little richard tune during the credits.  awesome flick.
i guess i'm just a little reminiscent of the 80's where action movie stars were required to have no credible acting skill, but only gigantic freak muscles, or "martial arts skills".  as a visual person, a "regular" guy as a hero in predators just doesn't fly for me, probabaly why i didn't care for any the none OG predator movies.  its all about outlandish freaks battleling in out, imo.  but i can understand your point as well.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by ZieGirl

but ol' boy brody shoulda left his shirt on.  i see he attempted buff up, but he's just no comparison to ahnold or the rest of the OG predator cast .
he wasn't supposed to be like them... he was actually more like a "real" military type dude than the guys in the first one.  when have you ever seen super buff dudes with ridiculous weapons? 
laugh.gif
  this kept it real and it worked out pretty well.

love the homages to the original, though, especially the little richard tune during the credits.  awesome flick.
i guess i'm just a little reminiscent of the 80's where action movie stars were required to have no credible acting skill, but only gigantic freak muscles, or "martial arts skills".  as a visual person, a "regular" guy as a hero in predators just doesn't fly for me, probabaly why i didn't care for any the none OG predator movies.  its all about outlandish freaks battleling in out, imo.  but i can understand your point as well.

Originally Posted by lyfeis2short

I swear I thought the Yakuza guy was gonna slide into 2 pieces after the final swing. But nope, just a slash on the chest
eyes.gif
Guess I'm expecting more gore than usual because of these other remake movies i.e. Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, Wolfman etc.

But I liked that fight. Even if it tried to be poetic about it. Doesnt fill the void of Billy's non-fight in the 1st movie, though.

Originally Posted by lyfeis2short

I swear I thought the Yakuza guy was gonna slide into 2 pieces after the final swing. But nope, just a slash on the chest
eyes.gif
Guess I'm expecting more gore than usual because of these other remake movies i.e. Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, Wolfman etc.

But I liked that fight. Even if it tried to be poetic about it. Doesnt fill the void of Billy's non-fight in the 1st movie, though.

Movie was surprisingly good. I didn't have any high expectations but came away impressed. Now on to Inception next week
pimp.gif

Movie was surprisingly good. I didn't have any high expectations but came away impressed. Now on to Inception next week
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
I loved the way the Berserker Predator stabbed Topher Grace at the end.  Reminded me of other sadistic killers in other movies since Predator kills are pretty theatrical.  Just a nice, slow, tab to the back to kill him
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
I loved the way the Berserker Predator stabbed Topher Grace at the end.  Reminded me of other sadistic killers in other movies since Predator kills are pretty theatrical.  Just a nice, slow, tab to the back to kill him
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom