Official Production Numbers - Top 23 AJ XX3 White/Titanium-University Blue

Man, today is NOT the day to mess with Steez.

Like Rock, and most people with taste, (i.e. over the age of 14, don't wear jewelry in our mouths, t-shirts that came free with a raffle ticket, or hoodiesthat look like they're missing their footies.) I prefer the XX3s with SUBTLE detailing, but it looks like I'll be missing out on these.

Somehow, I'll have to accept the harsh truth: I'm just not "special" enough to enjoy the honor of paying $230 for this shoe.

We'll see if the artificial hype carries over to the GRs or if, once again, we're looking at outlet fodder. They've been trying this quickstrikegimmick to accompany the first GR release since the XX. This will sell out, of course, due to the preposterously low production numbers (well, AUTHORIZEDproduction numbers, at any rate), but what effect, if any, this stunt has on moving the GR remains to be seen. It looks like it'll just have the effect offrustrating far more consumers than it pleases - assuming there are indeed thousands of people long enough on cash and short enough on self respect to shellout the ludicrous $230 plus tax for this shoe.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Like Rock, and most people with taste, (i.e. over the age of 14, don't wear jewelry in our mouths, t-shirts that came free with a raffle ticket, or hoodies that look like they're missing their footies.) I prefer the XX3s with SUBTLE detailing, but it looks like I'll be missing out on these.

Somehow, I'll have to accept the harsh truth: I'm just not "special" enough to enjoy the honor of paying $230 for this shoe.

We'll see if the artificial hype carries over to the GRs or if, once again, we're looking at outlet fodder. They've been trying this quickstrike gimmick to accompany the first GR release since the XX. This will sell out, of course, due to the preposterously low production numbers (well, AUTHORIZED production numbers, at any rate), but what effect, if any, this stunt has on moving the GR remains to be seen. It looks like it'll just have the effect of frustrating far more consumers than it pleases - assuming there are indeed thousands of people long enough on cash and short enough on self respect to shell out the ludicrous $230 plus tax for this shoe.
Interesting points Method Man. I agree, it is all a gimmick(and in my opinion a very bad one) to build the hype and create sales for the other 23 beingreleased. I think JB screwed this one up big time.

This is like a hypebeast's wet dream.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

i CAN'T believe that you can be a member of Flight Club and STILL not obtain a pair of the limited shoes. what's the purpose of creating a club and not allowing your most loyal customers a chance at these shoes? WHAT A JOKE! i'm not camping out for some shoes.

Thats because ALOT of people could sign up for that and have the right, then there would STILL be complaints on not getting them. There's better colors coming anyway...even though they will have that unappealing (IMO) stiching on the side.

Subtle stiching is better.

Co-sign on that word Rock! I still kinda like this flint-grey combo....I wish they weren't that limited....kinda dumb on their part .
ohwell.gif

Like Rock, and most people with taste, (i.e. over the age of 14, don't wear jewelry in our mouths, t-shirts that came free with a raffle ticket, or hoodies that look like they're missing their footies.) I prefer the XX3s with SUBTLE detailing, but it looks like I'll be missing out on these.

We'll see if the artificial hype carries over to the GRs or if, once again, we're looking at outlet fodder. They've been trying this quickstrike gimmick to accompany the first GR release since the XX. This will sell out, of course, due to the preposterously low production numbers (well, AUTHORIZED production numbers, at any rate), but what effect, if any, this stunt has on moving the GR remains to be seen. It looks like it'll just have the effect of frustrating far more consumers than it pleases - assuming there are indeed thousands of people long enough on cash and short enough on self respect to shell out the ludicrous $230 plus tax for this shoe.
WORD!

What I find most remarkable is that there are so many people that aren't shrewd enough to NOT just give away their cash for a pair of Jordans. Is it reallyas simple as fetishizing these kicks because they're "the last signature Jordan"? Isn't that assertion obviously as contrived as this"limited" BS?
eyes.gif

does anyone have the list of stores that will recieve em? just wondering what the top 23 stores are

Hypebeast =

A) Someone who buys something either just because everyone else is getting them and they want to fit in
B) Someone who buys something just because it's limited, but doesn't really care about the shoe. Basically the opposite of A, they want something thatother people couldn't get their hands on just to show it off.

Originally Posted by tdog91184

Hypebeast =

A) Someone who buys something either just because everyone else is getting them and they want to fit in
B) Someone who buys something just because it's limited, but doesn't really care about the shoe. Basically the opposite of A, they want something that other people couldn't get their hands on just to show it off.

ah, i see. thanks for explaining, i really appreciate it.

this is a really NICE colorway for the XX3, however, i'll never be able to cop and enjoy a pair for myself.
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

Well, I just need to see the list of stores. I'm not working this break, and I really really like the shoe/colorway combo. I'll be"camping" I guess. Never thought I'd have to do it, but it seems inevitable.

these are nice but not nice enough for me to care how limited or w.e they are... ill jus get a GR pair to rock...

Method Man wrote:

This is very frustrating and has been one of my least favorite JB schemes/strategies...especially with a great colorway. I'm far too old to shovechildren for 5 hours until the store opens for the chance to buy my size plus clothing from a crooked store owner that thinks he's hood royalty because hisspot has these.
I'll be satisfied picking up a NDS pair of these at retail this time next year.

So true. I've been thinking about how Jordan tries to move their product for a while now. They know when they put the limited notion out there,people are going to like them even more for that reason and for resell value. That type of stuff turns me off. It suck even more when I actually like a shoeand people jump on just because they are limited.

In my opinion this shoe is the best colorway but not worth $230. I might consider it but not camp out for these though and I wouldn't have toanyways!

You suck JB. Everyone on your marketing team is a complete ******. I hope you read this and realize that.

Im just interested in seeing how well this shoe will $ell period.
How do they plan on releaseing a shoe for $230 + tax, that people have never seen in person before, a week after they release a pack of OG colored retros thatcost $310 + tax?

I personally wouldn't post the Stores getting these shoes, and would leave that up to the individual retailers.

Why? The mass confusion, chaos and havoc which will happen when 1 Million people are trying to find the locations for 1000+ shoes.

I say for those wanting but can't get it. Take the L and avoid the confusion. For 23 pairs, only so many are going to be able to get their sizes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom