Official Production Numbers - Top 23 AJ XX3 White/Titanium-University Blue

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Originally Posted by E Villian

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Damn this thread got heated real quick. Before I go into what I am about to post, let it be known that what I am about to type may not be the case in this situation, but, this comes from years of experience. Years of experience that I KNOW both Steez and JM have. So here we go...
Originally Posted by Steez

Official Marketing for these will be 23 pairs for 23 stores. Either you're lying or he is. You're contradicting information that comes straight from the manufacturer. Try again.

Many times, "Official Marketing" means NOTHING in real application. Marketing is completely different from retail. As both Steez and JM know, Production/Sales/Distribution/Marketing/R&D/Design/etc. operate almost virtually autonomously. Now of course there is plenty inter-departmental communication to attempt to ensure that all of the aforementioned pieces of the chain operate in cohesion, but often times "Marketing" and "Reality" do not exactly mirror each other. This is no fault of marketing nor distro/retail/etc. We are talking about extremely large companies here, imagine how difficult it can be to make sure that each piece of the chain knows and operates EXACTLY according to "plan". Marketing is often one of the last pieces of the chain and the dept. is often given information long after many of the initial processes (R&D/Design/Production/Sales) are already done. Sales' job is to SELL sneakers to retail, Marketing's job is to "SELL" that product to the consumer. In many instances (not just sneakers), a salesperson would have no clue how the product they are selling is supposed to be/going to be marketed to the consumer, it is not their job to know. The same thing goes for marketing, many times they have no clue as to how retail is operating, i.e. not knowing how much a product will sell for/where it will be sold/etc., it is not their job to know that. Not everyone who works at a sneaker brand is a sneakerhead and they don't know, or have to, know the ins and outs of their product from A to/through B like people on this board or any devout "sneakerhead".

Now this is true with many things, not just sneakers (and I am not pointing a finger at sneaker brands here either). I am sure many of you on this board can think of a time where any product or service was marketed in a certain way that did not actually prove to be real. Whether the product did not perform as marketed, did not appear where it was marketed to appear, etc. Again this is not the direct fault of any piece of the chain, in many companies there is a large disconnect between departments. Again, I am not saying that this is true of Jordan Brand in any way, but I am saying this so that people can THINK about the entire situation.

Now onto the case of the guy whose Uncle's shop is getting 10 pairs. Again this might not be the case in this instance, but I have had several experiences like this.

Think for a second, that this "Uncle's Shop" is actually NOT ONE OF THE TOP 23 ACCOUNTS AT ALL. He might be a reputable and longstanding JB client that is due a "favor".

Here is a situation that I have experienced in the past.

"Bubba's Banging Sneakers" (doesn't exist, at least I don't think), a reputable and longstanding JB client on the Southside of Chicago, is "promised" the Laser XV. Release date comes and Bubba is Laser XV-less.

Bubba calls his sales rep and says, "What happened to my kix?"

JB sales rep says, "I am sorry, I have no clue what happened, you were supposed to get them."

Bubba says, "you really messed me up on this one."

JB sales rep says, "Let me make it up to you, I will get you 10 PAIRS OF THE LIMITED AIR JORDAN XX3 dropping in January."

Bubba says, "hot diggity dog I am going to bash dudes over the head on this one! Good looking!"

Again, this may not be the case in this instance, but, things like this happen, a lot, I have experienced it myself (I do not own a store but a know a "couple" people that do).

All in all, a lot of things go on outside of Marketing's control and outside of Sales/Distribution's control. To assume that Marketing, or any other department, is the 100% final end all be all word in anything, is flawed.

Again, I AM SURE that the Top 23 Jordan Brand accounts were allowed to order/promised 23 pairs of the "Titanium Blues" and I am sure that Jordan Brand Marketing will market the sneaker that way, BUT, there are a BILLION things that can upset this situation. I have held several Marketing positions, and I have been on the bad side of a Marketing Plan gone wrong due to circumstances out of my/my team's control.

Take all of this for what it is worth.

Again, no disrespect intended to Steez or JM. This is my two cents.

Thank you for reading this. I have finally made good on the thousands of dollars spent to obtain my Marketing degree (Word to Kanye).

MaZe
Great post. I hope people actually take the time to read it as I did. It clears up alot and gives credibility to both parties in the "arguement" that is currently taking place. Thanks
I totally hear what you're saying BUT judging how hard JB kept these shoes under wraps and secretive... Id really be surprised if they said that 23 stores are getting 23 pairs and that didn't happen. With that small of a distribution, I'm pretty sure they could make sure that it happened like that.

Just as was stated above just because this guys uncle is "supposed" to get 10 pairs that doesn't mean he WILL get them... The ONLY way he MIGHT get 10 pairs is if perhaps the owner of the store has more then one store and is splitting 23 pairs between 2 stores, I guess that could be possible...
- "...judging how hard JB kept these shoes under wraps and secretive..."

I think you mean attempted to, which furthers my point. Due to circumstances out of Jordan Brand Marketing's control, the pictures leaked about a month totwo months earlier than their original marketing plan indicated. The XX3 was supposed to be unveiled after the new year. It leaked on here well before that.

-..."The ONLY way he MIGHT get 10 pairs is if perhaps the owner of the store has more then one store and is splitting 23 pairs between 2 stores, I guessthat could be possible..."

ONLY way? How about if he received the 10 pairs already and the other 13 pairs are stuck in Memphis, or, he got his 10 pairs already and the other 13 pairswere shipped to another sneaker shop by mistake, or, he got his 10 pairs already and the other 13 pairs were re-allocated to Footlocker on 34th last minutebecause they are guaranteed to move them in a nano-second AND JB is going to do a big midnight launch there and they need the pairs, OR, he wasn't supposedto get any pairs at all but someone made a mistake when entering the accounts into the distro system and he ended up getting 10 pairs by mistake...

There are number of reasons as to why this could have happened, there is no ONLY reason.

MaZe

^^^ True they did leak roughly 3 weeks earlier then JB's plan but when was the last time they were able to keep a shoe under wraps for that long? They keptit out of the public til what 6 weeks before the 1st release?? In this day that is DAMN good that they were able to keep them under wraps for that long!!!

You're absolutely correct that there are a million reasons why shipments vary, it happens to my man's shop all the time, I was just giving a possiblereason as to why he MIGHT only be getting 10 pairs. BUT this guy said that his uncle's shop WAS only getting 10 pairs, NOT that he's GOTTEN them yet.You are right it is very possible but I personally highly doubt this is correct info. Yes it would be more likely if he had already recieved 10 pairs but withthe size of this release I'm pretty sure they'd be able to make sure that 23 pairs get to 23 stores. Again, I could be wrong about that but we shallsee soon...

But as stated above all he has to do is state the name of the shop in question and I can understand him not wanting to do so, but he can always PM that info toStez so he doesn't put the shop on blast and Steez can come back in here and tell us if the info is correct or not... Then this whole issue can be put tobed...

Does anyone know any spots in Florida that will be getting these? I'm originally from CT but going to school down in Miami so I'm unfamiliar with theurban accounts/hot spots for J's down here. If anyone can PM me any info on spots that will get them or can provide me with a list of places that MIGHT belikely to get them I'm willing to make the phone calls. PM or post a reply. Thanks

Originally Posted by UofCking84

Does anyone know any spots in Florida that will be getting these? I'm originally from CT but going to school down in Miami so I'm unfamiliar with the urban accounts/hot spots for J's down here. If anyone can PM me any info on spots that will get them or can provide me with a list of places that MIGHT be likely to get them I'm willing to make the phone calls. PM or post a reply. Thanks
i live in miami and i am still in the dark to what spots are getting these, so good luck wit that.

Originally Posted by jaysonisfly

whoever is located in LA or socal PM me with the stores im dying to know!
if you can, please pm me too. thank you. it's a shame that it has to be this way. i hate that they decided to make this shoe limited.

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Originally Posted by E Villian

Damn this thread got heated real quick. Before I go into what I am about to post, let it be known that what I am about to type may not be the case in this situation, but, this comes from years of experience. Years of experience that I KNOW both Steez and JM have. So here we go...
Originally Posted by Steez

Official Marketing for these will be 23 pairs for 23 stores. Either you're lying or he is. You're contradicting information that comes straight from the manufacturer. Try again.

Many times, "Official Marketing" means NOTHING in real application. Marketing is completely different from retail. As both Steez and JM know, Production/Sales/Distribution/Marketing/R&D/Design/etc. operate almost virtually autonomously. Now of course there is plenty inter-departmental communication to attempt to ensure that all of the aforementioned pieces of the chain operate in cohesion, but often times "Marketing" and "Reality" do not exactly mirror each other. This is no fault of marketing nor distro/retail/etc. We are talking about extremely large companies here, imagine how difficult it can be to make sure that each piece of the chain knows and operates EXACTLY according to "plan". Marketing is often one of the last pieces of the chain and the dept. is often given information long after many of the initial processes (R&D/Design/Production/Sales) are already done. Sales' job is to SELL sneakers to retail, Marketing's job is to "SELL" that product to the consumer. In many instances (not just sneakers), a salesperson would have no clue how the product they are selling is supposed to be/going to be marketed to the consumer, it is not their job to know. The same thing goes for marketing, many times they have no clue as to how retail is operating, i.e. not knowing how much a product will sell for/where it will be sold/etc., it is not their job to know that. Not everyone who works at a sneaker brand is a sneakerhead and they don't know, or have to, know the ins and outs of their product from A to/through B like people on this board or any devout "sneakerhead".

Now this is true with many things, not just sneakers (and I am not pointing a finger at sneaker brands here either). I am sure many of you on this board can think of a time where any product or service was marketed in a certain way that did not actually prove to be real. Whether the product did not perform as marketed, did not appear where it was marketed to appear, etc. Again this is not the direct fault of any piece of the chain, in many companies there is a large disconnect between departments. Again, I am not saying that this is true of Jordan Brand in any way, but I am saying this so that people can THINK about the entire situation.

Now onto the case of the guy whose Uncle's shop is getting 10 pairs. Again this might not be the case in this instance, but I have had several experiences like this.

Think for a second, that this "Uncle's Shop" is actually NOT ONE OF THE TOP 23 ACCOUNTS AT ALL. He might be a reputable and longstanding JB client that is due a "favor".

Here is a situation that I have experienced in the past.

"Bubba's Banging Sneakers" (doesn't exist, at least I don't think), a reputable and longstanding JB client on the Southside of Chicago, is "promised" the Laser XV. Release date comes and Bubba is Laser XV-less.

Bubba calls his sales rep and says, "What happened to my kix?"

JB sales rep says, "I am sorry, I have no clue what happened, you were supposed to get them."

Bubba says, "you really messed me up on this one."

JB sales rep says, "Let me make it up to you, I will get you 10 PAIRS OF THE LIMITED AIR JORDAN XX3 dropping in January."

Bubba says, "hot diggity dog I am going to bash dudes over the head on this one! Good looking!"

Again, this may not be the case in this instance, but, things like this happen, a lot, I have experienced it myself (I do not own a store but a know a "couple" people that do).

All in all, a lot of things go on outside of Marketing's control and outside of Sales/Distribution's control. To assume that Marketing, or any other department, is the 100% final end all be all word in anything, is flawed.

Again, I AM SURE that the Top 23 Jordan Brand accounts were allowed to order/promised 23 pairs of the "Titanium Blues" and I am sure that Jordan Brand Marketing will market the sneaker that way, BUT, there are a BILLION things that can upset this situation. I have held several Marketing positions, and I have been on the bad side of a Marketing Plan gone wrong due to circumstances out of my/my team's control.

Take all of this for what it is worth.

Again, no disrespect intended to Steez or JM. This is my two cents.

Thank you for reading this. I have finally made good on the thousands of dollars spent to obtain my Marketing degree (Word to Kanye).

MaZe
Great post. I hope people actually take the time to read it as I did. It clears up alot and gives credibility to both parties in the "arguement" that is currently taking place. Thanks
I totally hear what you're saying BUT judging how hard JB kept these shoes under wraps and secretive... Id really be surprised if they said that 23 stores are getting 23 pairs and that didn't happen. With that small of a distribution, I'm pretty sure they could make sure that it happened like that.

Just as was stated above just because this guys uncle is "supposed" to get 10 pairs that doesn't mean he WILL get them... The ONLY way he MIGHT get 10 pairs is if perhaps the owner of the store has more then one store and is splitting 23 pairs between 2 stores, I guess that could be possible...
- "...judging how hard JB kept these shoes under wraps and secretive..."

I think you mean attempted to, which furthers my point. Due to circumstances out of Jordan Brand Marketing's control, the pictures leaked about a month to two months earlier than their original marketing plan indicated. The XX3 was supposed to be unveiled after the new year. It leaked on here well before that.

-..."The ONLY way he MIGHT get 10 pairs is if perhaps the owner of the store has more then one store and is splitting 23 pairs between 2 stores, I guess that could be possible..."

ONLY way? How about if he received the 10 pairs already and the other 13 pairs are stuck in Memphis, or, he got his 10 pairs already and the other 13 pairs were shipped to another sneaker shop by mistake, or, he got his 10 pairs already and the other 13 pairs were re-allocated to Footlocker on 34th last minute because they are guaranteed to move them in a nano-second AND JB is going to do a big midnight launch there and they need the pairs, OR, he wasn't supposed to get any pairs at all but someone made a mistake when entering the accounts into the distro system and he ended up getting 10 pairs by mistake...

There are number of reasons as to why this could have happened, there is no ONLY reason.

MaZe
Great...

IF this...

BUT that...

Bottom line...

Shoe will be alloacted to 23 stores in the US...each store will be allocated 23 pair...what exactly is the argument about?

Kid who said that his uncle's shop will have 10 pair...we shall see...did he reply on the name of the shop somewhere...did I miss it (I'll admit Ididn't read every page)?

Controlling allocations on 25,000 pair...yeah, something my slip through...controlling 529 pair...I don't see anything slipping through and some randomNTers Uncle gets 10 pair...

The Product people control the Marketing people, not the other way around...if Gentry wants the shoe in 23 stores, with 23 pair each...we'll the Marketingwill read "This shoe has been allocated to 23 stores, each store will receive 23 pair"...it was Gentry and Josiah who decided this...not the JB VP ofMarketing...

JM

FINALLY!!! when they said RARE, they mean RARE. although i should be opposed to this, i'm happy that this will eliminate resellers (potentially, becausereally, you have to be a reseller on a GRIND to even get CLOSE to a FSR). and for the people who do get these, there is that feeling of exclusivity. thanks JB.not my fav colorway of the 23's but congrats to those who do get em.

Cam,

If only there was a pre-orders on these but expect an email from me for the countdown pack.

Thanks

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

.....Gentry and Josiah who decided this...not the JB VP of Marketing...

JM

Exactimundo J.J.

So cut that number by the amount that may go to Sports & Entertainment folks..people who work there...yada yada yada.

Just look forward to the other colors folks.....

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

.....Gentry and Josiah who decided this...not the JB VP of Marketing...

JM

Exactimundo J.J.

So cut that number by the amount that may go to Sports & Entertainment folks..people who work there...yada yada yada.

Just look forward to the other colors folks.....
That's why I officially gave up on obtaining them yesterday.

JM pretty much finished my thoughts for me as I read over the past couple of pages...
I will get my hands on these, even though Canada most likely wont be getting any seeing as JB seems to shaft us each and every single time basically. You wouldthink that with the jacked up prices here they would give us a break and send a couple pairs up here...SMH I'll figure it out but I'd much rather getthem on release then weeks after...

i like these colorway hope i can copped it/ price is very high
frown.gif
though
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom