Official PSP Thread - Keep all discussion here

Last I read, the policy regarding dead pixels was that there had to be at least 10 dead pixels before Sony would exchange your PSP.
Today's general releases will be tomorrow's holy grails...

Dead pixels are tiny, individual squares of color that stay on constantly. They're usually white. There's also something called stuck pixels, that change color and don't match the other pixels on the screen. You can notice them usually when the entire screen is black, like during a load screen. There's basically no way to fix them and they're common on all types of LCD screens such as TV's, cell phones, computer monitors, etc. It sucks, but most manufacturers limit defect claims by justifying that having some dead pixels is normal. As a consumer, this is some BS. I'd be pissed as hell if I dropped $300 for a 4" screen that was riddled with stuck/dead pixels.
[table]Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?
[/table]​

a wireless router--oh, and flip the wi-fi switch to the up position on your PSP. It's above the memory stick slot.
[table]Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?
[/table]​

hey guys.. whats the best game right now for the PSP?? thinking about getting a game but not too sure which one

is there anything other than PSP9 that i can download to get movies because imo,that sux cuz it says there is an error.i've intalled and uninstalled it about 5 times.there is no help available in the forums over there.so please tell me that there is another video converter.
They mad my car's like an elephant - the trunk in the front
See ya dude react, hud' six threw me back
A few they clapped, but I ate those, them ***** is Scooby snacks
I ain't see stars.. I'm a G pa-Killa Cam

bump. good thread.. nice info. this should mos def be stickied. as i posted a few days ago, from "my" psp, it was actually my cousins. im still waiting to get my giga pack.. =/ i already got tha games (gta and raw vs sd 06) too.. =(

theres alot of questions i need/want to ask, but i'll wait till i get my psp.
Pics?! oh yeah btw, juss GOOGLE it!!

Hella > Mad. Yeah i said it.
NOT a Newbie. Just a NEW Name.
[/b]

how much is tax? i just ordered my psp though phone, and tha guy said it came out total to $331. tha psp(giga pack) is 299, tha shipping method i picked was 9.05. so.. tax was like 22 bucks? is that right? cuz i hope i didnt mess anything up (with my moms credit card), cuz im only 15 and i did tha order myself. anyone knoe if thats right?

AND BTW, i didnt get a conformation email yet.. so thats why imposting this. thanks

[/b]

^That's about right. If tax is 6%, that's $6 for every $100 of what you bought. Tax is probably closer to 7% where you live.
Today's general releases will be tomorrow's holy grails...

^THANKS. (asked a friend earlier, and he gave me a similar answer. but appreciated.)

[/b]

I got my PSP about early december and I have:

grand theft auto
xmen legends 2
not another teen movie

im also posting this on my psp right now. :pimp:
pimp.gif

^^ the typing on the psp gets annoying really fast.... they should just have a keyboard on the screen and use the + to choose the letter not this phone thing typing

^^ yea i feel that... honestly when sony decides to drop the newer generation of psp's, they have some changes to do... the typing should forsure be a change, also they should put a phone and maybe even a touch screen.. also they need to make the psp more comfortable to hold, after a while my hand starts cramping up and falling asleep..

what other changes do u guys wanna see with the next psp?

~flemboyant
THE BAY IS IN THE AREA

^^Yes, a touch screen would be a great, especially for typing in words and whatever. I don't know about a phone, for sure Sony will raise their prices by another $150+ if they ever decided to do so :\
ohwell.gif

Crap i forgot to mention...

Guys...GET A SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!

I cannot stress that enough!!

The Real Drrty Drrty
Member# 00-Hustla
Reppin Ft. lauderdale-954!!​
Buy my Villanova Dunks hi's sz 11.5-12. Sell me ur Flight Huaraches in sz 12-12.5

Typing is a pain, indeed. Sony could add a software update to make it easier to type--similar to T9 like for cell phones.
As for a cell phone, I don't want one on my PSP -- it's too bulky to hold to my ear to actually make a call.
Now, Bluetooth, on the other hand, would be AWESOME. Wireless headset for games, music and cell phone calls. SWEET
[/table]​

^^ i agree on the bluetooth...but that would drive the cost of it up as well...a mini usb keyboard wouldnt hurt...

Im ntoa cry baby but lets face it, the browser could use some optimizing....I love tabbing and and real annoying when your only using 1 and it says there isnt enough memory. There should be an option to use some of the memory on the stick for cache...****ttt...I wouldnt mind..

The Real Drrty Drrty
Member# 00-Hustla
Buy my Villanova Dunks hi's sz 11.5-12. Sell me ur Flight Huaraches in sz 12-12.5

Honestly, price really doesn't seem to be an issue. People spend $300 on cell phones that don't do even half of what PSP accomplishes.
Sony has successfully marketed $250 portable consoles and found a way to keep us buying larger memory sticks, $50 games, and $20 movies.
[/table]​

^^ Never looked at it but still theres room for arguement....not saying I disagree but $249 sounds a lot better than $300..

The Real Drrty Drrty
Member# 00-Hustla

.....except your gonna want a 1 gig stick ATLEAST so you mine as well go for it....
i got 2-1 gig sticks...one for (movies) video's and one for (games) homebrew.

For the people who are considering buying larger memory sticks (1 - 2 GB) on eBay, BE VERY CAREFUL.

You might think you're buying and getting a 1GB memory stick, but it might actually be a 512MB or smaller, with the 1GB size hardcoded on it. Meaning, it tells you it's a 1GB, but it's actually smaller.

Do research on the seller before dropping money on it.

And as for the guy asking why would anyone want to downgrade to 1.5?
Well, let me put it this way: I'm enjoying 15+ PSP games, and saved myself more than 15x40 = $600.00.

I have noticed an infrared indicator on my PSP does anybody know how to enable the infrared?
JORDANKIID23 FOR ARCHIVE MOD

Back
Top Bottom