Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
I ran into some drunk dude sleeping on a bench in Rhoades who gave me some sob story about his house being foreclosed on and how he wasn't allowed anywhere near it. He wanted a couple things from it, one being his ledger, so I told him I'd get it. I find the ledger and read it. Turns out he was a slaver who lost his job when slavery was abolished, and the ledger was filled with slaves names and the prices he'd been paid for them. I return his stuff, a few things happen and I end up roping him up and dragging him over his campfire. Felt like justice

I let him live. I shouldve blew his head off when he was kneeling crying his eyes out.

Stupid question. Are legendary animals one and done? Seeing a few have a couple trapper creation spots. Would hate to use a legendary cougar for some gloves when it can go to something greater.

I did so much side stuff my health and stamina and dead eye stats are looking great. Games gotten easier for sure. What sometimes took 3 re tries is not even taking that. Also, creating tonics and provisions to stow away for later has me building up quite the inventory. I used to craft 4-5 items at a time. Now that’s up to 30-40.

Only at 39% completion overall. Defnitely enjoying this ride. Some nights, it’s 2 hours of picking and hunting. Others, 2-3 missions. I feel I can maybe get through with this game around January. Solid longevity for sure.

Last edited:
Stupid question. Are legendary animals one and done? Seeing a few have a couple trapper creation spots. Would hate to use a legendary cougar for some gloves when it can go to something greater.

Pretty sure each legendary gives you enough stuff to unlock all legendary pieces. Like you get the ram and turn it in, and you can make 3 or 4 things with that.

Yeah it's one and done.... most of the outfits seem to be combinations of different legendary animals....

Yeah it's one and done.... most of the outfits seem to be combinations of different legendary animals....
But can you find another legendary animal to kill? I guess that was my question. I don’t mind killing two legendary cougars if need be. Unless the game wants us to make that decision to craft only one item.

I’m a bit torn on not wanting to finish the missions now. Got gifted a repeater that I had wanted for awhile during a mission. Glad I didn’t drop $100 on it. Another side mission, they finally taught me in game how to go to the butcher. I’ve been doing it on my own for two weeks now. Wondering what other little things I may or may not get if I just play through.

I guess that’s up to us. Also been gifted some herb and tonic pamphlets that are also available for purchase at the fence.

I had also been struggle fishing for awhile until a side mission has other lures open up. I say yes to getting the satchels ASAP but I may play through so everything isn’t such a struggle.

Finally up to $800 but I’m still frugal as hell.

You cannot kill a second legendary animal. Kill one legendary cougar and that’s the last one you’ll ever see. But any legendary cougar related pieces you need to make, can be made from that one cougar plus whatever other animal skins you need

Also, once you buy the item, it’s unlocked foreverX you never have to pay for it again

But can you find another legendary animal to kill? I guess that was my question. I don’t mind killing two legendary cougars if need be. Unless the game wants us to make that decision to craft only one item.

I’m a bit torn on not wanting to finish the missions now. Got gifted a repeater that I had wanted for awhile during a mission. Glad I didn’t drop $100 on it. Another side mission, they finally taught me in game how to go to the butcher. I’ve been doing it on my own for two weeks now. Wondering what other little things I may or may not get if I just play through.

I guess that’s up to us. Also been gifted some herb and tonic pamphlets that are also available for purchase at the fence.

I had also been struggle fishing for awhile until a side mission has other lures open up. I say yes to getting the satchels ASAP but I may play through so everything isn’t such a struggle.

Finally up to $800 but I’m still frugal as hell.
Yea there's only one of each. The items from each one unlocks at all of the trappers though so you don't have to worry about which one you go to

Still havent ran into the KKK yet. But I rode by the abandoned church in Rhodes & these 2 dudes were using a hammer to try to open this safe. One dude said something slick I smoked him & other dude ran. I kept shooting the back of the safe door finally blew off.

Still havent ran into the KKK yet. But I rode by the abandoned church in Rhodes & these 2 dudes were using a hammer to try to open this safe. One dude said something slick I smoked him & other dude ran. I kept shooting the back of the safe door finally blew off.

so THAT'S how to open it! i walked around it thinking i can interact with it and i got nothing. just left it alone.

This game is so detailed, I antagonized this black dude and Arthur said some sly racist ish. Black dude gets mad, tells his squad and they try and jump me. :wow:

Lock breaker at fence for $25 is my next purchase.

Between chapter 3 base camp and the road to Rhodes is where I saw the KKK

also saw two dudes who had a cross fall on them south of valentine near the shore. First instance was night time with the group and torches. The second time was daytime. There’s no telling how these occurances occur

Wow just finished the main story. The honor bar plays a role in the ending so keep that in mind

Man I got jumped in the swamps last night... lmao them 2 idiots were kind of scary... never seen them before ... I think I was able to snap a pic will post after work... but damn! Looks like they had face paint and no shoes on... somehow threw me of my horse... but I doubt they had guns...
Needless to say I put the lancaster on them lol

Started Chapter 4 yesterday....bros, I swear I caught that little **** of a kid at least 3x during the chase....game didn't register it and I got a bornze for the mission. I was heated.

There's some random stuff happening to me. Was thinking about robbing a house, walked into one of the barns and there's a dude either dead or knocked out next to this pig that has this huge bowl on it. It almost looked like dude's pants was down but I don't think thats the case. Looked like some sort of band around his legs though. Found a wedding next to him so I thought they out here marrying pigs...

then proceeded to get eaten up my some guard dogs. Shell of safety failed me.

Back
Top Bottom