Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
Do legendary animals always spawn at their location or is it random?

Should be same area. Need to use eagle eye. Keep in mind, there's only one.

What rewards :nerd:

• Honor 7: You’ll get a whopping half price discount in all shops. If you’re going to be the good guy, it really pays off.
  • Honor 6: This unlocks the final set of outfits to buy in stores; the Deuville, the Drifter, the Dewberry Creek, the Farrier, the Faulkton, and the Gambler.
  • Honor 5: Reaching Honor 5 gives you 25% off at all stores in the game.
  • Honor 3: This will unlock a whole bunch of new outfits: the Bulldogger, the Chevalier, the Corson, the Cumberland, the Cowpuncher, the McLaughlin, the Roscoe, and the Valentine.
  • Honor 2: Your first round of discount at shops is 10% off.
  • Honor 1: When you loot bodies the drop rate is improved so you’ll find more tonics, jewelry and food.
  • Honor -1: When you loot dead bodies the drop rate is increased for the following items; Dead-Eye tonic, thrown weapons, alcohol and tobacco. There’s also a chance of more money and jewelry from dead lawmen.
I guess some don't matter if you do the glitch tho.

• Honor 7: You’ll get a whopping half price discount in all shops. If you’re going to be the good guy, it really pays off.
  • Honor 6: This unlocks the final set of outfits to buy in stores; the Deuville, the Drifter, the Dewberry Creek, the Farrier, the Faulkton, and the Gambler.
  • Honor 3: This will unlock a whole bunch of new outfits: the Bulldogger, the Chevalier, the Corson, the Cumberland, the Cowpuncher, the McLaughlin, the Roscoe, and the Valentine.
  • Honor 1: When you loot bodies the drop rate is improved so you’ll find more tonics, jewelry and food.
  • Honor -1: When you loot dead bodies the drop rate is increased for the following items; Dead-Eye tonic, thrown weapons, alcohol and tobacco. There’s also a chance of more money and jewelry from dead lawmen.

Yeah that’s not really much incentive for me :lol:

Would be highkey mad if they included some missable stuff with having high honor though

Should be same area. Need to use eagle eye. Keep in mind, there's only one.

I guess what I'm asking is do they spawn in that area 100% of the time, or is it random, or dependent on other occurrences?

I know where the legendary coyote spawns, found the clue and was tracking, then some strange stuff happened.

I was tracking it, got so close I could hear it nearby, then got a message prompt saying there was too much activity from other animals in the area to track it.

Then even weirder, got another message prompt saying I had killed a legendary animal even though I hadn't. Checked the map and the coyote was crossed out, which I've read happens after you kill a legendary animal.

I thought it might be a glitch so I loaded a previous safe from right before I discovered the clue, but now the there's no clue or ? mark when I use Eagle Eye in the exact same location.

I guess what I'm asking is do they spawn in that area 100% of the time, or is it random, or dependent on other occurrences?

I know where the legendary coyote spawns, found the clue and was tracking, then some strange stuff happened.

I was tracking it, got so close I could hear it nearby, then got a message prompt saying there was too much activity from other animals in the area to track it.

Then even weirder, got another message prompt saying I had killed a legendary animal even though I hadn't. Checked the map and the coyote was crossed out, which I've read happens after you kill a legendary animal.

I thought it might be a glitch so I loaded a previous safe from right before I discovered the clue, but now the there's no clue or ? mark when I use Eagle Eye in the exact same location.

I think the clues and stuff should be the same.

Try leaving the area or sleeping a day, and going back.

If you wanna check if the coyote's dead, go to the trapper and see if he has the pelt (if you happen lose your pelt in between killing the kegendary and selling it to the trapper, it automatically gets sent to the trapper).

Or check your satchel and see if you have the legendary coyote fang.

“Laaaa la la la wait til I get my money right”

Dat gold bar come up :pimp: :pimp:
08654775-CE0A-42B4-A6A5-896CB036436C.jpeg

Shout out to mr j 858 mr j 858 . Ended up with that x1 deal. Arrived yesterday.

Anyone else feel overwhelmed? It's almost too rpg like. Im a bit of a perfectionist when trying to do things the right way. Couldn't kill the legendary bear on 3 different occasions. So I feel I wasted a good amount of time trying to replay the missions To see if it was me or the game itself setting itself up to always fail.

Just got to chapter 2. Game opened up alot.

Question.
Do you have to go to the trapper with the skins in your physical possession to be able to get something crafted? Or can they just be in your inventory? I was out looking for the legendary bear and stumbled upon a black bear. I get 25 shots in and get his fur. On the way to the trapper, I run over a elk in a pond and shoot him dead. Wasnt able to move him onto dry land. Then I see a ram with nice antlers but had to choose between the poor black bear skin and the ram. It seems like horns and feathers can be stowed away but bigger items are a one fer? I guess meat wise, it's realistic. Just sucks if I'm looking for two specific animals and stumble upon others, I can't really go for them. Game feels like it'll take years to complete.

Got $80. struggling with ammo. Have four crappy guns. Wondering if the gold exploit will make things better. Will some guns stay with specific saddles/horses? Got swindled into buying a cheaply horse the first time. Didn't have $120 for the better one. And then I come to find out, my bow and arrow and with my og horse. Real fun game but there are some serious disadvantages.

Anyone else feel overwhelmed? It's almost too rpg like. Im a bit of a perfectionist when trying to do things the right way. Couldn't kill the legendary bear on 3 different occasions. So I feel I wasted a good amount of time trying to replay the missions To see if it was me or the game itself setting itself up to always fail.

Question.
Do you have to go to the trapper with the skins in your physical possession to be able to get something crafted? Or can they just be in your inventory? I was out looking for the legendary bear and stumbled upon a black bear. I get 25 shots in and get his fur. On the way to the trapper, I run over a elk in a pond and shoot him dead. Wasnt able to move him onto dry land. Then I see a ram with nice antlers but had to choose between the poor black bear skin and the ram. It seems like horns and feathers can be stowed away but bigger items are a one fer? I guess meat wise, it's realistic. Just sucks if I'm looking for two specific animals and stumble upon others, I can't really go for them. Game feels like it'll take years to complete.

Got $80. struggling with ammo. Have four crappy guns. Wondering if the gold exploit will make things better. Will some guns stay with specific saddles/horses? Got swindled into buying a cheaply horse the first time. Didn't have $120 for the better one. And then I come to find out, my bow and arrow and with my og horse. Real fun game but there are some serious disadvantages.

You can pretty much only craft with perfect pelts/skins.

Look for animals that have 3 stars and kill with clean crit shots to the head. You can use Dead Eye if you want. Depending on the size of the animal, they require different kinds of weapons in order to get a perfect pelt. Tiny animals like rabbits, snakes, birds need something like a small game arrow or varmint rifle. Other animals like deer can be done with the bow with regular arrows. Larger ones can require improved arrows and the largest ones can even need powerful rifles. If you check your compendium in the menu, you can get a general idea of what animal needs what weapon.

Pelts need to be sold to the trapper to be crafted.

Things like large carcasses or large pelts (basically pelts where after you skin, Arthur carries on his shoulder) require a spot on the back on the horse. Two small carcasses can be put on the side of the horse (think turkey size). You can also have multiple small pelts (things like deer, wolves, bucks, etc ...) on the back.

Yes, the horse is cheap and not very fast. You're suppose to bond with it, to get better stats. If you want a free fast horse, look up the White Arabian.

You should never be struggling with ammo. Loot dead bodies. The only time I've ever purchased ammo is when I buy the improved/upgraded ammo for the guns or when I buy arrows.

You'll get better guns while you play. There's a stranger encounter where a guy gets bit by a snake. Help him. You'll come across him again in town near the gun store. He'll give you a free weapon.

I'd advice against the gold glitch. Will it make things better? I doubt it. It'll make it easier, but not better IMO. You're not suppose to get everything at once. You're 2-3 hours into a possibly 80+ hour game in a world that took Rockstar maybe 8 years to create and perfect, what do you expect? It's a slow game - you have to accept that. I think once you do, you'll enjoy it much more. But play how you want. Happy hunting.

Last edited:
^good stuff. Spent 4 hrs just roaming and struggle hunting. Not really progressing through properly. Gonna spend the weekend properly doing some missions. I think the other stuff will become easier after. A proper hunting rifle is essential. It's sad how much time I wasted last night trying to lasso animals and throw them off cliffs v

I've barely done any story missions in Chapter 2. Don't even have the fishing rod yet but I'm sure that'll keep me busy for some time as well after I get it.
Been spending virtually all my time hunting and exploring. Got 9 Legendary animals done so far and I'm currently trying to get all the pelts to fully upgrade my satchel.
Only parts I'm still missing for the last few satchels:
1x Perfect Bison pelt
2x Perfect Elk pelt
1x Perfect Panther pelt
1x Perfect Cougar pelt

I assume y'all have encountered those dirty Murfree Brood dudes yet. They kept bugging me whenever I set up camp in the area of the trapper just south-east of Grizzlies East.
While looking for pristine Elks I found what appears to be their hideout, a little north of that trapper and right on the spot of the "A" of Annesburg on the map.
Dudes are disgusting :sick:
6832c3148652cf0fa2326577bd458b3b.png

Here's the weird skull hat location btw:
d6127c2ea6f6c6480789ca94debfb613.png
<---- This rectangle part on the image below, it's a cabin right on the edge of the water
c45d28ef96192c7f56699ce4f5cf9f8a.png

make sure you study the animal first, the game will actually let you know what best to use to get a clean kill.

this is crucial also because the animal can already have a poor pelt before you even kill it.

btw if you trying to fish but haven't done the mission yet just ride around the water and look for someone fishing and steal their pole

Last edited:
Man I’ve been getting washed by bounty hunters. Made the mistake of heading down south near Blackwater thinking it was all good. Nope! Those mogs were relentless with the pursuit. :lol:

Just got those gold barz though, so weapon upgrades should have me in a better position to do the washing. :pimp:

Question.

I can't count how many time I had to load because I didn't like the outcome

Freddy Krueger is in the game. Go fight the odricolls at their camp off that lil Hill they have a wagon a fire pit lil tents Idk the coordinates don’t even fight just throw fire bombs from a couple yards away And look at the one with the black hat.

Last edited:
90% of the game I'm doing cinematic view and holding A to just sort of let the game do it's thing. It even works in horse races.

Pausing the game way too much to read about berries and herbs. I hope the missions pick up a bit. I get immursed easily in the random mundane non essential crap. Graphics are great. Horse riding a bit iffy. New to HDR on consoles so sometimes it feels I can't focus properly on the screen. That seizure warning is all too real lol. I had a shooting competition with a fellow against some glass bottles. I could barely make out what's going on. I even had to use the expanded map to be able to see stuff. Maybe in getting too old or need to sit closer or need a bigger TV. Some stuff is a bit of a blur as it's going by.

I’m kinda worried about that area southwest of valentine I think it’s the ocean. The current is hard and it’s foggy and the pathway to the water has a bridge that’s broken. I didn’t wanna jump in the water. Can I survive if I jump in ? I literally jumped down the broken bridge like Omar from the wire. I was wrong for taking all my power ups and cocaine I died. I coulda found another solution but I was sleepy and curious about surviving.

Last edited:
Do you guy ever let the law take you in? I had a cool little scene where Hosea came and bailed me out

Last edited:
Sooo. I’m playing this game straight through. No cheats or codes or walk throughs or anything. At about 20% right now but that’s just by doing missions it tells me to do. All the other stuff stresses me out and is too big for me. :frown:

Like I don’t know when I’m supposed to bring my camp food or if I need to. I don’t know if I’m supposed to take stuff to the trapper or to the fence.

I don’t know anything really. I get overwhelmed and stressed. :/

This is me just venting I guess haha.

Sooo. I’m playing this game straight through. No cheats or codes or walk throughs or anything. At about 20% right now but that’s just by doing missions it tells me to do. All the other stuff stresses me out and is too big for me. :frown:

Like I don’t know when I’m supposed to bring my camp food or if I need to. I don’t know if I’m supposed to take stuff to the trapper or to the fence.

I don’t know anything really. I get overwhelmed and stressed. :/

This is me just venting I guess haha.

when you're in camp on the top right there are three bars - 1 for food, 1 for medicine, 1 for ammo.

they don't NEED to be full. but if it is, it brings up camp morale so more people donate.

bring PERFECT pelts to the trapper if you want to craft

use the fence to sell things like gold bars and jewelry and to craft talismans and trinkets.

Question.

Yeah it’s the rpg like things that you need to keep up with. Taking jolly jacks and consecutively cooking at a campfire. Sleep. Food for the pony. All that counts. Cleaning your weapons. I was just playing and not giving a ****. But now I added these things to the routine. I killed the legend bear at the first encounter, he pinned me but I blasted him a couple times more with the shotty thanks to nt.

when you're in camp on the top right there are three bars - 1 for food, 1 for medicine, 1 for ammo.

they don't NEED to be full. but if it is, it brings up camp morale so more people donate.

bring PERFECT pelts to the trapper if you want to craft

use the fence to sell things like gold bars and jewelry and to craft talismans and trinkets.

Thanks man! Does medicine and ammo go up on its own when I come back into camp? Or do I have to go to press donate and give stuff. And is it stuff from when I loot enemies?

When you kill an animal, do you have to take the whole animal to the trapped or is it just the skin part? And does the game tell you how to get perfect pelts or is it something you figure out on your own?

Back
Top Bottom