Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

HAHAHAHA Man Nike got yall hooked. 
It's not about "you don't have it.." Money is never a issue for shoes. If I wanted them I could get them $250 is not much. 

BUT it is much for some 0 ring Lebrons! Elite or not elite Lebron's career is not worthy of me paying $250. 

Kobe's career maybe but even then it's still RAPE!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hypebeast at it's finest. 

What the hell is going on here???
Dudes being criticized for liking a pair of shoes, other dudes begging everyone to stop buying into "hype,"
other dudes trying to explain their little theories as to why these shouldn't be so expensive???
Every single thread on NT turns into this, man....

Really though, those Elites look really nice. Really well made.....seriously trying to keep myself from looking at em too much so that I dont want em that much when they finally drop
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by balkiny03

man imo lebrons should not cost more than jordans period.... lebron as a player has achieved nothing jordan on the other hand is a legend and his shoes are legendary. plus lebrons shoes are not built like foams but still cost more nike are raising prices bc they see how much resellers make and how many ppl pay resell prices, but if the tag on these are 250 then imagine the resellers prices bc they want some kind of profit not a good look for the shoe game
Are you talking about the same Jordans that come out like every other week now, and releases like half of his shoe line now in a little over 6 months, with cheaper and declining quality then his previous shoes, Jordan who's pushed ever pair of shoes up to $160 now (excluding most 1's) even the ones that use to be $120, $130, $140, and $150 are all the same price of $160 (is Jordan planning on putting the metal lace holders back on the 12's? NO!)  now which makes absolutely no sense ($160 for some 3's
30t6p3b.gif
) and don't forget about those hideous 2012's 
sick.gif
 he put out for $223 which is only $27 less then the Elites. The cost of shoes now is just higher period! The VII Kobe Systems cost $170, the Yeezy II's $245, and the technology they use on the Foamposites is so old now, and if the "Foamposite" material was so "special" then the price on every shoe they put "Foamposite" on should be $220 then (nike has several other shoes that use Foamposite)  but they only use that price on the Foamposite 1's because that's Nike new gimmick shoe. And far as resellers go Nike doesn't base their prices around what resellers will charge because people don't have to pay resell price if they do what they need to do to get the shoe for retail so why should Nike care? I mean seriously have you bought a pair of Jordan retros this year and put them up to a pair of Lebron 9's and did a quality check? If not how about you do that then ask why's the Lebron's higher.

At what point will y'all stop? If Nike can move kicks at $250 then next time they're going for $260 then $270 etc. I can afford to get these for that price. But will I? No.
If I can't get Elites for the low then I'll be passing with ease.

Originally Posted by Joulze

Originally Posted by balkiny03

man imo lebrons should not cost more than jordans period.... lebron as a player has achieved nothing jordan on the other hand is a legend and his shoes are legendary. plus lebrons shoes are not built like foams but still cost more nike are raising prices bc they see how much resellers make and how many ppl pay resell prices, but if the tag on these are 250 then imagine the resellers prices bc they want some kind of profit not a good look for the shoe game
Are you talking about the same Jordans that come out like every other week now, and releases like half of his shoe line now in a little over 6 months, with cheaper and declining quality then his previous shoes, Jordan who's pushed ever pair of shoes up to $160 now (excluding most 1's) even the ones that use to be $120, $130, $140, and $150 are all the same price of $160 (is Jordan planning on putting the metal lace holders back on the 12's? NO!)  now which makes absolutely no sense ($160 for some 3's
30t6p3b.gif
) and don't forget about those hideous 2012's 
sick.gif
 he put out for $223 which is only $27 less then the Elites. The cost of shoes now is just higher period! The VII Kobe Systems cost $170, the Yeezy II's $245, and the technology they use on the Foamposites is so old now, and if the "Foamposite" material was so "special" then the price on every shoe they put "Foamposite" on should be $220 then (nike has several other shoes that use Foamposite)  but they only use that price on the Foamposite 1's because that's Nike new gimmick shoe. And far as resellers go Nike doesn't base their prices around what resellers will charge because people don't have to pay resell price if they do what they need to do to get the shoe for retail so why should Nike care? I mean seriously have you bought a pair of Jordan retros this year and put them up to a pair of Lebron 9's and did a quality check? If not how about you do that then ask why's the Lebron's higher.

bab63f7a4348634d956fa776272fe307.jpg

TELL UM!!

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

It's not about "you don't have it.." Money is never a issue for shoes. If I wanted them I could get them $250 is not much. 

BUT it is much for some 0 ring Lebrons! Elite or not elite Lebron's career is not worthy of me paying $250. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

purchasing shoes = amount of rings won? Great theory. MJ won his first ring at what? 27? How old is Lebron now? 27. I guess you didnt purchase any J's until MJ won his first ring, right? All shoes prior to MJ winning his first ring was irrelevant, according to you.

JUST LEAVE NOW

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hypebeast but you count value with rings? 
laugh.gif
 at You.

You should never buy a pair or root for or even buy a jersey or mention any player that has never won a ring. You must not watch sports or play sports at all. You can pay for crap of a shoe because someone has won a championship but won't pay for quality for someone who plays a team sport but hasn't won a championship?

And stay out of the foamposite threads since you don't buy shoes of players that don't win rings.

Great players to never win rings and now have no chance. Stockton and Malone. Chris Mullin, Iverson, Kemp, Tim hardaway, Reggie Miller, Wilkins, Ewing, Payton, Barkley.  Thats just hoop players off the top of my head.

I bet I know your favorite teams. NY Yankees, Lakers/ Bulls or Celtics. Steelers Cowboys or 49ers. Favortie players. Jordan, Jeter & Tom Brady. Never been a real fan of nothing..

Quit trolling and move on.   

Blah blah blah, SHUT UP ALREADY, NT us for info, like cw releasing, Release date, where u can find the shoes or socks hat shirts whatever! All I hear now is dudes crying about everything and anything. Weak sauce for real!

man, you guys gotta stop arguing about the price...it's not gonna change none bottom line.

Nike does not give a crap if you like the price or not...they will not change anything.

Just buy what you like and what you can afford, and if you don't like the price, just move on....keep arguing about the price aint gonna change nothing

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

I didn't mean to steer up the pot and honestly I'm a fan of the 9's...as far as the elites go I think the South Beach/McFly/Miami colorway is pure heat...

I'm just trying to figure out how we got to this point...I mean once upon a time (like late 90's) gas was $1.00 a galloon...now it's BEEN at $3.60+ for no real legit reason... and we act like if we find it at $3.50 we don CAME UP....so I guess when it's $4.00 do people start to buck???? I mean you need a car...but there are crazy different lines of kicks out there....I mean damn...JB hasn't even tried to jump the line that high yet...and there is a statue of dude in Chicago AND he has 6 rings....lol

I'm just saying...if your in NYC, FL, Or CA...or another state with local sales tax and you order the elites online your north of $280 with tax and shipping...

I get dudes point about resellers..BUT what makes you think that since dudes are getting baselines at $280 they are gonna sell for $280??? In order to even make it worth it you have to be at $380 or better and that's BEFORE the beast run up the price....

To the homie above me...memba that..cats was crying about $300 for TWO numbered Jays (yes I agree the quality sucked on most) but these hands down people are cool with???!?! I just don't understand...
Ayipapi, I can tell you this - Nike upper management is very much aware of the reseller markup on some of their limited shoes and they want a piece of the pie. They cannot flat out go out and slap a $500 MSRP on a Galaxy Foamposite that will resell for $1000 as their retail buyers (Champs/Footlocker/Eastbay) will balk at a $275 wholesale price but they'll work their way up there slowly.

As long as the thirst for Nike & JB product is high the prices will continue to creep forward.

There are only three human desires, hunger, thirst, sex. The reason dudes love to buy expensive stuff is because they think it will get them some pusss (or for a few of you, props from dudes
eyes.gif
), you can tell me you like the design or whatever %@$@%%!$ but i know the truth.

When it's all said & done.....the South Beach Elites will be the only ones that move. For $260 plus after tax.....both the Home & Aways will sit longer than Luke Walton in the NBA Finals.

Will that stop Nike from increasing prices? I doubt it. They make their money up front from the retailers.

What's funny is some of y'all on here bragging about wanting to pay the 5.....like it's a rite of passage or something. Who the hell wants to pay $250 retail for a damn sneaker? #%&@ that.....I don't!
Off principles, I'm only copping the South Beach joints cause that's the only colorway that you could say justifies the ridiculous price hike. And honestly any casual consumer would beg to differ on that too.

Sending a pair of SMs back to nike tomorrow so those of you that struck out be sure to keep an eye out for it when it hits the site.

The slides fit tts. I mean my feet don't hang off th front or anything and if you feel they are to tight you could adjust the strap. It's only the 3rd pair of slides I've owned the other two being JB and these by far are the most comfortable pair I've ever worn.

im glad i decided to get the Swingmans instead of the Dunkmans.. DMs look nice but not as nice as the SMs
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom