Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, I'm pretty sure Nike want them +versions to move off the shelves...I'm more than sure Nike is gonna make @ least 2 pairs that are gonna be a automatic +version, no matter what

Is it me or does anybody else think Nike is doing a great job withholding info this time around? We still dont know how many pairs are dropping of which version, how different version their are, or where they are dropping. Eastbay still doesnt know whether or not they are get the USA's in.

So what you're saying is its been done before, along with some Lebron 9 Lows (London, Challenge Red, Liverpools), Lebron 8 (All Star), just making sure we don't think this is something new...

its a little ironic you are saying its nothing new, but naming some of the most recently released lebrons

its a little ironic you are saying its nothing new, but naming some of the most recently released lebrons

Ironic is not a word you know how to use properly. 4's (2006), 6's (2008), 8's (2011), and 9's (2012) all had multicolor laces. If it's been done in the past, its not new right. Not trying to sound like an A Hole but what's your point?

Ironic is not a word you know how to use properly. 4's (2006), 6's (2008), 8's (2011), and 9's (2012) all had multicolor laces. If it's been done in the past, its not new right. Not trying to sound like an A Hole but what's your point?

I have to second this. Who gives a damn about laces? Swap 'em out for another set if it's really bothersome.

Nike is a bunch of geniuses.  People will pay an extra $20 for essentially nothing.  

Nah fam, there is a difference between the 'regular' insole and the '+' insole. The sensors run all the way from the big toe to the heel - not your typical running '+' setup where by there's a compartment in the middle of the left shoe.

All the "negative" press about the $315 price tag could have just been a psychological ploy to get consumers to accept and even be happy about the $270 and $200 price tags. Even if it wasn't pre-planned, it sure looks like it worked out for Nike that way. It's the old--teen girl tells her parents she's pregnant and does meth, then says, just kidding, but I got an F in math--trick. Folks were up in arms about the $315 price, and a lot of the same people are now okay with the $270 price, and even excited about the $200 price. If these latter two prices came out first, I suspect the general sentiment about these shoes would be at least a little bit different.

still curious on how thats the whole pricing thing will work and how it will affect the numbers available. will you be able to grab a pair and say w/o the chip? or w/ the chip?

will there be a set amount of + chip ready pairs and a set amount of +pairs with the chip?

i guess we will find out when/if we cop.

Last edited:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]2 versions. A nike+ ready version and a "regular" version. The regular version will have no nike+ capabilities and retail for $180. The nike+ ready version is $[/font]200 and is a nike+ ready shoe without the nike+ sports pack (pictured below) or you can pay [font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]$270 all at once to get the shoes and the nike+ sports pack with the chips, usb port, and iphone connect(pictured below). [/font]Im assuming all nike+ ready pairs will all release simply as nike+ pairs but for an additional $70 you have the option of adding the nike+ sport pack. And after you buy one nike+ sport pack it really wouldn't make sense to make the consumer continually pay an additional $70 for something they already have.... even for nike. So basically its $180 for regular version, $200 for the nike+ version, and $70 for the nike+ sport pack....... If Im not trying to track my vertical, quickness, and hustle why would I even want the $70 sport pack. Sucks I have to spend the extra $20 for a nike+ version when I will never use nike+ capabilities but it sure beats paying $90 extra........

Last edited:
Ill spend the $200 and copp the Plus version.

AND the only reason why Nike did this was because of the media backlash of the proposed $315 shoe. We need to MORE media backlash on other upcoming shoes :lol:

Last edited:
I don't get it...180 for the reg, 200 for the +ready, and 270 for the +...I just wanna know who in they right mind is gonna go straight for the 270 when you have a clean shot @ the 200 pair??? But, if this is the case, then the resellers lose w/ this shoe...HAHAHAHA
Too my knowledge (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) there will not be a $180 version of the Olympic colorway, just a $200 and $270. GR Lebron X's (non diamond collection) will be $180.

Last edited:
Too my knowledge (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) there will not be a $180 version of the Olympic colorway, just a $200 and $270. GR Lebron X's (non diamond collection) will be $180.
true. All non nike+ lebrons will be $180. All nike+ ready versions will be $200. The olympic colorway is a nike+ ready version so will retail for $200. It is up to you if you wish to spend the extra $70 for the nike+sport pack to track your vertical, quickness and hustle.

Last edited:
i have a feeling some will be forced to cop the 270 + version simply because the other + version is sold out.

so to me...this isnt necessarily great news...ok news...but not great news

Is the USA X+ the only colorway releasing on the 29th?
nerd.gif
I saw on sb detroit that the 180.00 version will be releasing on the 29th now too. 

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2012/09/nike-lebron-x-reduce-price-tag-270/

I hope nike comes out with some info soon on what $180.00 versions  there gonna be releasing along with the +version.   Some websites are saying the olympic colorway is gonna release in the $180.00 version and some sites are saying the $180.00 version isnt gonna release in the olympic colorway.  hahah I need time to game plan for these fall releases.   I'm glad Nike finally lowered the price a little which makes me more willing to cop some of the colorways   that I have been up in the air on.

More choices is always a good thing

Makes sense to hv a plus ready

Didn't want 15 paks of sensors

Boy, Nike is yanking that chain...

...where are all those guys, Nike Dealer and the rest, those who were berating my comments against Nike and these shoes now?

Why is it so strangely quiet?

Longstroke, you should post what you have been posting here into the Rose III thread. :rolleyes Your folks over at Adidas has gone mad too. :smh: |I

Last edited:
is there an official word from nike regarding pricing? 200 for the + capable version is better than 270 if you already spent that previously on a sport pack pair (or don't need the pack at all) instead of having to buy subsequent + releases at 270 all the time.

MY FOLKS?

I simply like their shoes...but at least they aren't selling plastic for a buck sixty.

Yeah Adidas is selling plastic for $160, that leather isn't grade A quality leather. The Black Rose 3 is a pleather exterior with a plastic base and the Grey Rose 3 is a Suede feeling exterior with a plastic base at $160...am I wrong? Mind you I like Rose's Sigs so I have nothing against them but Adidas has increased the price of his shoe each year too. Started at $110, $140, now $160...

As far as these X versions go its sounding like nobody will ever HAVE to buy the sports pack. You either pay $180 for the painted Swoosh or you pay $200 for the textured Swoosh, simple as that...

Last edited:
Yeah Adidas is selling plastic for $160, that leather isn't grade A quality leather. The Black Rose 3 is a pleather exterior with a plastic base and the Grey Rose 3 is a Suede feeling exterior with a plastic base at $160...am I wrong? Mind you I like Rose's Sigs so I have nothing against them but Adidas has increased the price of his shoe each year too. Started at $110, $140, now $160...
I haven't held them as of yet, but those pics that I posted in the Adidas Rose thread, show leather, not plastic.

If they've changed them, then I do not know.

Isn't it pointless to have a Nike+ Ready version when it's not gonna have the chip (see picture below) that measures your vertical and whatnot. I assume it's gonna use the same kind of sensor (not Sport pack sensor) that is used on other Nike+ Ready shoes with the slot under the middle of the midsole? So you're gonna have to spend more for the sensor (MSRP $19), if you don't have one. It just tracks your time, distance, pace, etc. I doubt ppl will use the Nike+ feature on a basketball shoe to track those things. I might be over thinking this since there isn't much info yet but it's food for thought. Discuss.

132833615886771.jpg

I haven't held them as of yet, but those pics that I posted in the Adidas Rose thread, show leather, not plastic.

If they've changed them, then I do not know.

No they VERY much look leather and when you touch them they even have a leather exterior but that a layer of thin leather over Adidas' version of their hyper fuse technology, forget what thats called. But how do you justify them doing what Nike is so highly criticized about, Rose now has the most expensive Adidas basketball shoe in the company's history if I'm not mistaken at $160. Thats a $40 increase over last years $120 version (Lei Feng 2.5 did retail at $140) while the city he was raised in is suffering through high murder rates, teachers are on strike, kids aren't in school, you think his shoes wont be a target of crime at that price?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom