Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you talking about son, I need this tech to get these birds to spread em. Nothing like telling a shorty I got the plus tech in my brons
laugh.gif
LOL...He hit that ***
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I aint never seen nobody get quoted that many times in my life...DAMN! I missed what was said, Must've been funny tho...

Last edited:
Yeah you do, just used that as an example. There are metal detectors in some building that you don't need to take off your shoes.

I know that it's not completely the same security check points, and we're half clownin' here, but I wore my Hyperdunk + USA's home from my Bermuda cruise in Aug, and we had the wand waved over us coming off the ship...no bells or whistles here... just sayin lol :lol:

Sounds good to me for as the $200 version goes because I don't touch a basketball court :lol: but will there be a $200 version of the Olympics on 9/29 to or just the $270?

So much for that theory that people don't do stupid things for Apple products, THIS IS HILARIOUS!

Lebrons aint the only thing got people busting into stores to steal...

Last edited:

So much for that theory that people don't do stupid things for Apple products, THIS IS HILARIOUS!

Lebrons aint the only thing got people busting into stores to steal...

He was jackin iPhones so he could try to cop the Yeezy 2's...  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
  They weren't camping though..... 
roll.gif

Why would you steal 10 iPhones in a BMW? What an idiot.

MY FOLKS?

I simply like their shoes...but at least they aren't selling plastic for a buck sixty.

Yeah Adidas is selling plastic for $160, that leather isn't grade A quality leather. The Black Rose 3 is a pleather exterior with a plastic base and the Grey Rose 3 is a Suede feeling exterior with a plastic base at $160...am I wrong? Mind you I like Rose's Sigs so I have nothing against them but Adidas has increased the price of his shoe each year too. Started at $110, $140, now $160...

That's a lie.

The Rose 2.0's leather wasn't the best quality. Over time it does loose its silhouette that it had when you initially take them out the box but for $110.00 you get a very durable, nice performing signature shoe. They performed just as good as the Kobe VI but for a less price.

I've saw the Rose 3 and I believe that the price justifies the quality. The upper does have elements of sprint web (Adidas version of fly wire) but that's internally. The exterior of the shoes are all leather (away version) or suede (home version).

Also "child please!"; with the crap that Jordan Brand pulls every year by dropping the same retro shoes with cheaper materials then raising the price exponentially (Jordan 3 were retro'ed in 2002 at $100.00 with the damn swoosh on the back!) and the regurgitated and uninspired designs that Nike puts out every year (KD V look like Hyperdunks!), then on top of that increase the price point for the X's to almost $300.00 because these kids buy anything with hype attached to it, Adidas raising D Rose shoes pales in comparison to that level of "robbery."

That's a lie.
The Rose 2.0's leather wasn't the best quality. Over time it does loose its silhouette that it had when you initially take them out the box but for $110.00 you get a very durable, nice performing signature shoe. They performed just as good as the Kobe VI but for a less price.
I've saw the Rose 3 and I believe that the price justifies the quality. The upper does have elements of sprint web (Adidas version of fly wire) but that's internally. The exterior of the shoes are all leather (away version) or suede (home version).
Also "child please!"; with the crap that Jordan Brand pulls every year by dropping the same retro shoes with cheaper materials then raising the price exponentially (Jordan 3 were retro'ed in 2002 at $100.00 with the damn swoosh on the back!) and the regurgitated and uninspired designs that Nike puts out every year (KD V look like Hyperdunks!), then on top of that increase the price point for the X's to almost $300.00 because these kids buy anything with hype attached to it, Adidas raising D Rose shoes pales in comparison to that level of "robbery."

Don't know if you meant to address me with your comment but the way you quoted the comments I'll assume you did, so I'll address.

I've never defended NIke or Jordan brand for their business practices but I don't think a hypocritical stance is fair when Adidas is upping the price of Rose's sig just like Nike has done the Lebron line over the years. Remind yourself the AZG (Lebron 1) was $110 or $120, the 2 and 3 were $125, the 4 went to $150 and so on. By this measure Adidas is pushing prices up quicker than Nike did with their Sig Athlete seeing as Rose's 3rd installment is $160, food for thought. I stated the exterior was leather over their Sprintskin, so you restated what I said, ok? Sooooooo, you're point was? I lied where?...

P.S. My FAVORITE NBA player and team is Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls. I literally buy one pair of Rose sigs every year since the TS Supernatural Creator in support of what he's doing just to have in the box because I can't hoop in them with their lack of cushioning for a big man. They don't look good enough to wear casually, although this 3 is decent. So don't claim I'm an Adidas hater or Nike supporter.

Last edited:
That's a lie.

Don't know if you meant to address me with your comment but the way you quoted the comments I'll assume you did, so I'll address.

I've never defended NIke or Jordan brand for their business practices but I don't think a hypocritical stance is fair when Adidas is upping the price of Rose's sig just like Nike has done the Lebron line over the years. Remind yourself the AZG (Lebron 1) was $110 or $120, the 2 and 3 were $125, the 4 went to $150 and so on. By this measure Adidas is pushing prices up quicker than Nike did with their Sig Athlete seeing as Rose's 3rd installment is $160, food for thought. I stated the exterior was leather over their Sprintskin, so you restated what I said, ok? Sooooooo, you're point was? I lied where?...

P.S. My FAVORITE NBA player and team is Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls. I literally buy one pair of Rose sigs every year since the TS Supernatural Creator in support of what he's doing just to have in the box because I can't hoop in them with their lack of cushioning for a big man. They don't look good enough to wear casually, although this 3 is decent. So don't claim I'm an Adidas hater or Nike supporter.

Understood. Sorry if I came off contentious.

Adidas has slowly been rising its prices though.

The first crazy light sold for $130.00 and those did very well. This year the crazy light 2 has sold just as well and the price of those are $140.00

Even though the crazy light series isn't D Rose's signature shoes they still do move units.

The special Olympic color way of the Rose 773 (which is his team shoe) is selling for $125.00.

So overall Adidas has been increasing it's prices just like Nike but not as ridiculous though.

$160 for a signature is still a better option then $180-$300.

In reality though the clothing and shoe industry from every company is raising their prices because of the cost of materials going up.

The first crazy light sold for $130.00 and those did very well. This year the crazy light 2 has sold just as well and the price of those are $140.00
Even though the crazy light series isn't D Rose's signature shoes they still do move units.
The special Olympic color way of the Rose 773 (which is his team shoe) is selling for $125.00.
So overall Adidas has been increasing it's prices just like Nike but not as ridiculous though.
In reality though the clothing and shoe industry from every company is raising their prices because of the cost of materials going up.

Its all good man, just want facts to be clear.

Just remember when making comparison we are talking about Lebron's 10th sig at $180-$200 ($270 NIke+) and Rose's 3rd sig at $160. So to say Adidas is raising prices slower isn't entirely a factual statement. Who says Adidas doesn't charge $200 for Rose's 5th sig in 2015-2016?

Last edited:

Its all good man, just want facts to be clear.

Just remember when making comparison we are talking about Lebron's 10th sig at $180-$200 ($270 NIke+) and Rose's 3rd sig at $160. So to say Adidas is raising prices slower isn't entirely a factual statement. Who says Adidas doesn't charge $200 for Rose's 5th sig in 2015-2016?

True, it might go that direction though. In the end, Nike dictates that. What ever they decide to do with the price points in the future Adidas is sure to follow in a similar fashion.

I heard today that the Bred Xs are dropping next week (week before the olympics) has anyone seen this on the sept release list?

Nah fam, there is a difference between the 'regular' insole and the '+' insole. The sensors run all the way from the big toe to the heel - not your typical running '+' setup where by there's a compartment in the middle of the left shoe.
But if you aren't using + technology it's useless.  The difference between 180 and 200 is the ability to add the + chip.  What % of consumers are going to use the + chip, 5%? That's probably being generous. They sucked an extra $20 out of consumers for something they will never use.

I ain't even mad, it's actually impressive.  

But if you aren't using + technology it's useless.  The difference between 180 and 200 is the ability to add the + chip.  What % of consumers are going to use the + chip, 5%? That's probably being generous. They sucked an extra $20 out of consumers for something they will never use.

I ain't even mad, it's actually impressive.  

To those individuals, if I'm not mistaken, the $20 difference will be the Nike+ readiness but also the textured swoosh, and Lion lace lock. From what I understand those features will not be seen on the $180 version. That may just be something an individual wants to pay that extra $20, who knows...

To those individuals, if I'm not mistaken, the $20 difference will be the Nike+ readiness but also the textured swoosh, and Lion lace lock. From what I understand those features will not be seen on the $180 version. That may just be something an individual wants to pay that extra $20, who knows...
Ok. At least there is something else different.

If people want to pay $20 for that go ahead, at least they're actually getting something.  

Last edited:
youre right, some people were looking forward to that.

Not to mention that there has been no confirmation that the CW's will be available at ALL the price points...that $20 might get you the lace lock and textured swoosh (read:sarcasm) but might also be the only way to get the *nicer* CW's...but yes...as Peru says...who knows...

Ok. At least there is something else different.

If people want to pay $20 for that go ahead, at least they're actually getting something.  

I think people will gladly pay that rather than $270. For a lot of people on here, it seems to have made the shoe. Nike marketing at it's finest? :nerd:

I still think it's ridiculous that not all models have those visual features though. People replied before that it's about the basketball tech inside and the swoosh doesn't serve any purpose... but it just makes the $180 version seemed half-baked.

Im still not understanding what all the confusion is about....Lebron X is $180 and has no nike+ capabilities. Lebron X+ is $200 or $270 with the sports pack included (chips, adapder to charge chips and iphone conect). Colorways will either be a Lebron X or Lebron X+, not both. Nike is actually doing something good and not forcing us as the consumer to continually spend $70 over and over for a sports pack (but at the same time forcing us to pay $20 extra for certain CWs). The USA model is a Lebron X+ so it is $200 or $270 if you opt to include the sports pack. The bred and both Floridian models are Lebron X versions and will retail for $180 and have no nike+ cababilities.  And again, the CWs will either come in a X or X+ version and not both. 

Last edited:
Im still not understanding what all the confusion is about....Lebron X is $180 and has no nike+ capabilities. Lebron X+ is $200 or $270 with the sports pack included (chips, adapder to charge chips and iphone conect). Colorways will either be a Lebron X or Lebron X+, not both. Nike is actually doing something good and not forcing us as the consumer to continually spend $70 over and over for a sports pack (but at the same time forcing us to pay $20 extra for certain CWs). The USA model is a Lebron X+ so it is $200 or $270 if you opt to include the sports pack. The bred and both Floridian models are Lebron X versions and will retail for $180 and have no nike+ cababilities.  And again, the CWs will either come in a X or X+ version and not both. 
Pretty much sums it up, great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom