[| -- Official Ricky Ross "Deeper Than Rap" Album Thread: Drops April 21st -- |]

that MMII is just
pimp.gif

Wish i cud get ahold of the CDQ though, I'll just wait for the album

Originally Posted by MoneyGrowsOnTreez

what has 50 Ever lied about?
for one thing? when it was jada VS 50 he was talkin bout how d-block was washed up

and how fat joe didn't have a hot record after make it rain, when the album it was on was flames from top to back.

Originally Posted by Untitled

for one thing? when it was jada VS 50 he was talkin bout how d-block was washed up

and how fat joe didn't have a hot record after make it rain, when the album it was on was flames from top to back.
K...once again, What has 50 ever lied about?

Why is 50's name even mentioned in this thread?

This album will be better than anything 50 put out since GRODT and im not even a rick ross fan.

He lied about retiring if Kanye beat him in sales. He also lied about not knowing anything about that orderof protection from Murder Inc when it was proven to be a real document...
nerd.gif

Damn I haven't listened to anything except.. "Magnificent", "Mafia Music", and Waynes verse from "Maybach Music 2". I'mholding out.

This is going to be the first I've copped since Recession.

Wait..

I copped "Don't Feed The Animals".. But that doesn't even count. SMH.

^Yup, I've only listenned to those 3 as well, except I had to listen to MM2 in it's entirety
pimp.gif
.........waiting for the album patiently

damn i can't wait for this 2 come out...i've only listened to mafia music and magnificent.. this should most definitely be good music

The OFFICIAL Album Review.

[h1]RR Listening: Rick Ross Deeper Than Rap (Do It Live!)[/h1]

Thursday, April 09 2009 3:18:17 pm PDT YN Album Reviews

aadeeperthanrap-776065.jpg

At Def Jam.

1. "Mafia Music"

That's a hot one. Think you heard it. Ha!

"The rumors turn me on. I'm masturbatin' at the top."

2. "Maybach Music Part 2"

A very good record coulda been a classic if the lyrical performances matched the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League beat of the year. I play the instrumental every dayfor motivation.

3. "Magniifcent"

Really liked it when it first came out. Stopped liking it for whatever reason. Diggin' it again.

4. "Yacht Club" featuring Magazeen?

Some reggae chants. "******* don't get @+!!@." Yeah some Reggae hook style hook. Beat is cool but this ain't grabbin me. "The fatTommy Lee, I made out with like eight broads." Second verse better than first. Can't ride with chorus.

5. "Usual Suspects"

Nas joint. You already know. Produced by The Inkredibles for Nasty Beatmakers.

6. "All I Really Want"

Damn a lot of these songs have leaked already. Damn you LowKey. Ha! Video in Colombia coming soon. It's cool to hear the joints properly mixed andmastered tho. Makes big difference. "All you need is me girl." Real Ne-Yo. "All a $$!!@ really want is you." VeryTerius.

7. "Rich Off Cocaine"

Willie Hutch sample? Let me find out. I just did. Ha! Another victory for the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. ones. Nelly's boy Avery Storm on hook here. "Here IAm" was the jump off. "Lemons and honey/ Millions in money/ Gucci Louis Vuitton specifically homie/ My woman imported/ I'm never extorted/I'm very important/ 20 grand for the mortgage." Sweet!

8. "Lay Back" Feat. Robin Thicke (Woah!)

First track produced by The Runners (Did Ricky lose their number?). Alan's kid is goin' in. Swagger-like. He sounds like JT. Funny. Strip club beat."If you came to get the party started.. " Robin yodles. "Take off your clothes and lay back." Dream ay's at the end. Bizarre. Not wacktho. "Ayo Technology" Vol. 2. Ha!

9. "Murder Mami"

Fox Boogie joint that leaked yesterday. Inga owes dude big time. She don't deserve this look. Favor for a favor. Beat ain't bad by BIGG D butMarchaund's wack juice spills. Reggae bridge at end. Not good. Too much Miami. Magazeen is reggae dude ruinin' !!%%.

10."Gunplay" Feat. Gunplay

"Run with me or run from me." Ross' most animated flow. His new artist Gunplay is on hook? Kinda lost on what's goin on here. "LookTed in the eye. It's the end of the road." Shout outs Brisco. This is a high-paced joint. DMX needs to be on this. Ha! Gun goes in on 3rd verse.He's ahright but he sounds real.

11. "Bossy Lady" Feat Ne-Yo

Lookin' for an "H.B.I.C." Another one for the ladies but track got boom bap. Runners did it. "Your the Boss' girl.""She asks for head first so she gets it off the top." GT goes to Nah Right discovers I'm live bloggin'. Stops the CD. Ha! We canwork it out.

12. "Face" Feat Trina

"I %%$# him once. I %%$# him twice." Dany's favorite rap lady sounds a lil different. "I'm gettin' face. I'm gettin'face." This is good money in them Southern strip clubs. "Number one $$!!@. You got excellent taste." Drumma Boy on the beat. Hook over and over.Much better than Foxy duet. Trina only on hook and 4 bar flourishes? She sounds great in limited portions. Ha!

13. Valley of Death

Don't see a featuring Wayne? We'll see. Drums sounds diff to me than video version. Jabs at Curtis in verse one, as you know. Surprised by samplesource here. "The word's so cold. Hope you got a lil sweater." Mentions Trick Daddy and Lupes. "Bought my first Run DMC vinyl. My 2Live Crew CD." Addressin' C.O. talk in third verse. "I remember prayin' for a record deal."

14. "In Cold Blood"

"Run with me or run from me." "******* don't get @+!!@." Drops same mottos on intro to this. Runners. This track is hardbody. This really is a strongly produced album. "50 you better watch it." Menacing tough talk. Gabe T downloading new Internet Explorer sohe can see what I'm writin'. Ha! Fades out abruptly.

"Cigar Music" Itunes Bonus

"I'm so compassionate with my compositions." Ha! "Want to shine like Birdman teeth glitter." "My loose cheesescoop up the Gucci." Ross stepped his flow game up on this album. This shoulda made the album.

And yes, this is final tracklist. Watch your mouth in the comments. Ha!
Back to the Double R Mansion. I do it for hip-hop. One month in. I'm gonnawin.

Back
Top Bottom