Official San Diego Chargers Offseason Thread Vol. AJ Smith >>> Yuku Search

Miami's Taylor may like Bolts, but the feeling's not mutual

By Kevin Acee

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

12:33 p.m. May 23, 2008
Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has passed word through friends that he wants to play for the Chargers.
It won't happen.
After months of rumors and theories by fans and even some media about the Chargers' interest in the former Defensive Player of the Year, a report on NFLNetwork on Thursday gave the speculation an air of legitimacy.
The Chargers are forbidden from talking about a player under contract, but sources familiar with the thinking of the team's decision-makers have saidemphatically that the Chargers have no interest in the Miami Dolphins defensive end and aspiring actor.

The combination of his age, salary, what is seen as diminishing skills and his perceived lack of commitment to football quashed any interest by theChargers. According to sources, the Chargers have not discussed a trade for Taylor with the Dolphins or Taylor's agent.

Taylor, 34, is scheduled to make almost $8 million in 2008. He has upset his current boss, Bill Parcells, by skipping offseason workouts to participate in"Dancing With the Stars." Taylor finished second to Kristi Yamaguchi this week in the popular television show.

Taylor reportedly has requested a trade from the Dolphins, though he was quoted this week saying he would like to stay in Miami. Conflicting reports havethe Dolphins trying to trade the six-time pro Bowler and taking him off the trading block.
Taylor said after his "Dancing" stint that he was readyto concentrate on football. But he reportedly is spending this week meeting with Hollywood executives, and Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said Wednesday the teamhas been informed Taylor will not participate in any of the team's offseason workouts.

Bring him to the Chargers damnit!!!

I'm sure Shawne will have some popcorn waiting for him.
tongue.gif

Dont want. Can't afford.

And I forgot about the shawne merriman beef
laugh.gif

These rumors cant be legit

Time for some highlights
pimp.gif

This dude use to kill us in college man
smh.gif
� I thought he was gonna be something big once he got his chance (which he hasn't yet...)

also 1:07-1:16
eek.gif
smh.gif

JUST WAIT til he gets his groove back...

On a side note Pinnock CAN NOT block
indifferent.gif
(i'm betting it's his last year)

Now some Cro...

Peep 3:06-3:09....that's classic
roll.gif

Now for the new guy...This guy use to kill us too...

Watch how he straight up freezes the defense
indifferent.gif
(Like what's the point?)

Here's a funny lil story about Kassim and Jason Taylor..

I was listening to channel 93.3 in the morning (AJs playhouse) and Kassim was a guest on the show..he usually goes on the show from time to time

They were talking about Dancing w/ the Stars and Kassim basically called Taylor a fruitcake and said lot of NFL players think he's a lil bit to sweet..

But I doubt they'd give up Taylor for only Kassim Osgood
laugh.gif
This dude hasn't done anything except excel on ST

Originally Posted by itsrsinwayufreak

And I have a feeling Kassim is going to be traded for a d-lineman for depth
nerd.gif
Yeah, Jason Taylor. haha, that would make my pre-season.

Yea but if we had Jason Taylor on the cap there's no way we would be able to sign Merriman, Rivers and Castillo + many others in the upcomingyears.
Unless the rumors of the NFL doing away with the Salary Cap are true...

And Kassim is dumb...if he really wants to be a WR, he should be in training camp taking notes from Joiner. Eh...he was one of my favorites too...I thought hehad potential at WR...

But I'm getting mad because my boy Malcolm Floyd is getting NO love
tired.gif
....he was easily the #2 best receiver left from 07 behind Parker. (not including McCardell since he wasn't on the team last year...)

Also...I can't front. I'd try Kassim out on Defense
laugh.gif
....his height, long arms...vertical...is perfect for pass defense. Plus he has a knack forbeing around the ball

laugh.gif
smh.gif
SMH

The new Center seems like a good pick up. He has experience at Tackle and Guard too...I'm def not comfortable with Winthrow taking snaps.

I'm starting to feel VERY comfortable about the upcoming season
pimp.gif

But I'm getting mad because my boy Malcolm Floyd is getting NO love
tired.gif
....he was easily the #2 best receiver left from 07 behind Parker. (not including McCardell since he wasn't on the team last year...)
On the real though. If it wasn't for the injury last season. I was predicting he would bust out. But short.

This season though. This season. Just watch. (I hope)

laugh.gif
It's funny. Our recieving corp is surprisingly STRONG. And the same for our secondary, minus the inexperience at Safety (but Hart, Weddle and Oliverhave some potential)....and it feels awesome
pimp.gif

Damn, with the Lakers losing by 30pts, I just had to peep in here and check out the Charger highlights to cheer me up a bit.

Yo! Break out Predictions. It's the offseason so I thought I'd type up which players I think are going to have breakout seasons this year.

Offense:

Chambers - I expect Chambers to have a Randy Moss season. He's everybit as athletic if not more. Every bit as smart. Is perfect for our offense. Plays fora good team now, so this should be his break out year.

Sproles- Sproles is a beast. Dude is just getting warmed up. Not only is he super quick and fast, but most people don't know how strong he is. I'veheard rumors that he is stronger than Merriman. And he broke weight lifting records in college. In college...dude was unstoppable. I expect him to get back tothat this season.

Jacob Hester FB - Hester is a work horse also. I believe he completed EVERY 1 yard conversion in college last year. Now college is different from the NFL, andthat's not what I really want to talk about...but the kid has heart, Adrian Peterson heart. In one of his interviews he said that he automatically looksfor the next defender to run over once he gets in the open field. BUT what's gonna make him break out this year is the new offensive schemes. Rivers nowhas an extra weapon that defenses will have trouble planning for. Expect play actions galore, fake runs, and dump offs involving Hester for good steady gains.

Marcus Thomas RB - I don't think he'll have as much impact as Hester and Sproles. But this guy is another imitation LT. He's got natural skillsreminiscent of a WR and can even line up as one. I expect him to make as big as an impact as Naanee did last year.

Naanee - No comment
pimp.gif
(special situation player, deadly weapon)

Rivers - Knows the system now. Oline is supposedly fixed. Plethora of weapons. I'm not sure what to expect, whether it's pro-bowl starting calibur, orjust his regular lead the team to a win calibur(which is GREAT with me
happy.gif
). It should definitely be an improvement from last year by far.

Defense:

Clinton Hart - I've said this before, but it's completely worth saying again. Hart was the most athletic, fastest and the most dedicated (studyingtape/playbook) athlete on the team before Cromartie. He ended his first starting season with 109 tackles and 6 interception (dropped 2). Now that he'swarmed up I expect him to blossom alot more and show his real potential. He has to, because his contract basically indicates if he doesn't they arereplacing him (by the contract numbers and structure).

Weddle - Similar to Cromartie last year, I believe once he gets his starting job he will break out. Nuff said, we are all familiar with his abilities andsmarts.

Anthony Waters ILB - Cooper and Willhelm don't do it for me. They are always a step too slow, one yard too short of the stop. Anthony Waters is suppose tobe a beast too. I wouldn't know, but considering his alleged talent and work ethic, and Coops 4 game suspension... I believe he will take advantage andfill that gap in the defense we've been missing since Edwards was pushed out the door (
tired.gif
) - But he's been studying under LB coach Rivera..whoblossomed the Bears LB system
happy.gif

Paul Oliver S - I think he is being groomed for Hart's replacement if Hart doesn't show up to his possible potential. I expect him to have aperformance this year similar to Weddle's last year. Similar.

Players I'm iffy about.

Antoine Cason - I don't know why, but playing next to jammer and cromartie...he's got alot to live up to.

Antonio Cromartie (obvious reasons, he will be game planned against)

Pinnock (He's here for insurance anyway)

Paul Oliver (only seen him play once, he was too slow and chubby for a CB...but he did get a sack. I have good expectations of him at Safety tho)

Anthony Waters (Never seen him play...I'm willing to bet he's an upgrade though)

Vincent Jackson (He had two good games really...Playoff games have you which is good, but he doesn't get the ok from me yet)

LT (his attitude
smh.gif
, IMO Rivers is now the leader as every QB should be, and he seems to have problems with it. I'm not saying I expect his quality of playto decline, I'm just worried about his antics )

Jamal Williams (he's getting old ofcourse, but I hope he can retain for another 2 years, or atleast 1.5)

Shawn Merriman (Norv said Merriman has had a good offseason and should start strong unlike last year, but last year was a disappointment, even as good as hisseason was for an OLB, yet it was bad for his calibur)

Scott Chandler TE - dude is like 6'9...major potential to fill in for Gates while he is injured (if he doesn't make it back in time). But lastyear's preseason his routes weren't too crisp. Hopefully they've worked on that though.

Buster Davis - Dude was a 1st round pick, but hasn't shown it. I think we may have taken a loss on him. He's got potential though...for a #2/slot WR.

Oh yea. Norv Coach of Teh YEAR!

THOUGHTS!?!?

Chambers - I expect Chambers to have a Randy Moss season. He's everybit as athletic if not more. Every bit as smart. Is perfect for our offense. Plays for a good team now, so this should be his break out year.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Chambers - I expect Chambers to have a Randy Moss season. He's everybit as athletic if not more. Every bit as smart. Is perfect for our offense. Plays for a good team now, so this should be his break out year.

laugh.gif

Yall are gonna eat that this season.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

laugh.gif

sounds exactly like something a charger fan would say.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

[h1]Castillo agrees to five-year, $43.1 million contract extension[/h1]

Defensive end Luis Castillo agreed to a five-year contract extension worth $43.1million -- $18 million guaranteed -- with the San Diego Chargers on Tuesday.
Castillo, now under contract until 2014, becomes the sixth-highest paid defensive lineman in the NFL. "Since his arrival, Luis has been played a huge rolein the success we've had as a defense," Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said. "He's an ascending player who is committed to gettingbetter. We're thrilled that he'll be a Charger for years to come." Castillo, who will turn 25 on Aug. 4, was the second of the Chargers' twofirst-round draft picks in 2005. In three NFL seasons, he's played in 36 games and started 33. Lauded for his strength, quickness and athleticism, theNorthwestern grad has posted 13 career sacks, including a career-high seven in 2006.

^how did the other RB that we got in the draft look? I'm expecting him to be more of a LT backup than any of the rest of our talented RB's.

Originally Posted by buggz05

^how did the other RB that we got in the draft look? I'm expecting him to be more of a LT backup than any of the rest of our talented RB's.
My fault buggz. Are you talking about Hester? He was the one who we picked up. Unless you're talking about the other guy and he didnt do squat.lol.

Sidenote, anyone seen the Nike Viral Video with LT and Kimbo Slice in it? Its pretty damn hilarious.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom