:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1EEE2D0E-C169-47F1-97E1-851648CB2DAD.jpeg

Just play with these on until that vaccine comes around
His nose is exposed

it's really gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. sports can be postponed and the world can be put on time out but dude's bodies are still aging. imagine you're a player racing up against time before the body starts to betray you. you're looking at a wasted year. TB12 and Drew Brees come to mind

hopefully in this time off, antonio brown can stay out the news and we can sign him for a bag of wasabi flavored funyons and N95 masks

I hope there is some football. But with the mess of how the NBA is starting back up, the scale that the NFL has to deal with it seems much more difficult. The amount of players alone is huge vs the NBA, let alone the staff.

Last I read the NBA bubble plan is they are only allowed 19 team members and that is staff+players. The Nuggets just shut their facility down because 1 person tested positive. This thing has such a high transmission rate, that Im just doubtful. You got HUGE staff and rosters vs the NBA.

But I can see players saying **** it for that pay check. IMO long as they aren't allowed out their bubble to spread it to the general public, than I can see it being reasonable. But cmon they aint going to police these dudes. We'll see though.

with an sport starting up is easy...but all it takes is one player testing positive and it’s a wrap

with an sport starting up is easy...but all it takes is one player testing positive and it’s a wrap

I think the NFL should take notes from the UFC. They're finding ways to successfully circumnavigate this thing. Through stringent testing, they've been able to catch infected fighters before the virus can spread to others at the event. They've already successfully hosted 8 events.

Fighters train in gyms with dozens and dozens of people each week, so it's something the NFL may be able to extrapolate from for them.

Do you guys think they will alter the helmets in anyway? Or is it too late in terms of a production and implementation standpoint?
I'm sure some of you have seen those mock ups of helmets that have the face completely covered up. Some of them do look really cool.

Do you guys think they will alter the helmets in anyway? Or is it too late in terms of a production and implementation standpoint?
I'm sure some of you have seen those mock ups of helmets that have the face completely covered up. Some of them do look really cool.

I don't see the logic in altering equipment if everyone on the field has been thoroughly tested. You can't contract a virus from thin air. Someone has to have the virus to contract it, and if that's the case, that individual would never be allowed near teams.

The NFL needs to start testing players now if they're serious about circumnavigation this thing. This way they're always ahead of the incubation period. It's exactly what the UFC is doing. Test, test, test.

Last edited:
I don't see the logic in altering equipment if everyone on the field has been thoroughly tested. You can't contract a virus from thin air.

The NFL needs to start testing players now so that they're always ahead of the incubation period. It's exactly what the UFC is doing. Test, test, test.
I think to compare it to the UFC is just not possible. 2 men in the ring plus their trainers. Maybe they train with a dozen people in gyms but where? Gyms have been closed, they can easily train with specific sparring partners in well monitored.

I mean the virus is technically contractable through "thin air" via droplets. Thats the whole reason it is spreading like it is and why wearing mask whether N95 or not is helping.

But yes test test test, but if one player on a team gets it DURING the supposed (im hopeful) season they have to contact trace that player. That is going to shutdown teams weekly. Hell the league.

Again im not against starting up the league, I just dont see how.

Plus quarantine is a good 14 days. Imagine a QB getting it and then what he has to miss a game or two to be quarantined? Yeah NFL is all about their money but at what point will it start to look like XFL or AAF talent on the field.

I think to compare it to the UFC is just not possible. 2 men in the ring plus their trainers. Maybe they train with a dozen people in gyms but where? Gyms have been closed, they can easily train with specific sparring partners in well monitored.

I mean the virus is technically contractable through "thin air" via droplets. Thats the whole reason it is spreading like it is and why wearing mask whether N95 or not is helping.

But yes test test test, but if one player on a team gets it DURING the supposed (im hopeful) season they have to contact trace that player. That is going to shutdown teams weekly. Hell the league.

Again im not against starting up the league, I just dont see how.

Not all states are locked down. There are literally HUNDREDS of MMA fighters with camps featuring dozens of people happening right now. The UFC is laying down the blue print.

And the virus won't manifest from nothing. In other words, it isn't simply going to magically appear on people that have tested negative. Again, there needs to be a contagious host for it to spread, and anyone hosting the virus would not be permitted near teams.

Plus quarantine is a good 14 days. Imagine a QB getting it and then what he has to miss a game or two to be quarantined? Yeah NFL is all about their money but at what point will it start to look like XFL or AAF talent on the field.

Yep, that's a risk the NFL must accept. Players will test positive and go to the IR until they're clear.

Not all states are locked down. There are literally HUNDREDS of MMA fighters with camps featuring dozens of people happening right now. The UFC is laying down the blue print.

And the virus won't manifest from nothing. In other words, it isn't simply going to magically appear on people that have tested negative. Again, there needs to be a contagious host for it to spread, and anyone hosting the virus would not be permitted near teams.
Fair point. I still think it isnt a fair comparison due to UFC gathering in one area vs having a whole roster and staff of 32 teams. The NFL should def take note though. Every advancement helps.

But yes the virus needs a host. Chances are just greater with large numbers. NBA seems to have their testing down and are finding positives fairly frequently.

There is hope! I hope it happens.

I think the biggest question is does the NFL really want to stress themselves this much in order to have the season start on time. Literally every single player(rosters will be expanded, so that could be 60+ players) will have to be tested every single time they show up to the facility and before travel and games and after. A lot of players will likely be forced to stay away from their families and friends during the year. It's going to take a lot of money, time, and effort to make an NFL season happen, but they have the resources to do it.

Maybe delaying the season is the best thing to do. I don't know.

I think the biggest question is does the NFL really want to stress themselves this much in order to have the season start on time. Literally every single player(rosters will be expanded, so that could be 60+ players) will have to be tested every single time they show up to the facility and before travel and games and after. A lot of players will likely be forced to stay away from their families and friends during the year. It's going to take a lot of money, time, and effort to make an NFL season happen, but they have the resources to do it.

Yea I think its possible. Expanded roster, some flexibility on short term signings if positives happens. Hell even training and practices. That could lead to a lot of injuries I would think.

Depends how much money the league is trying to spend. These old white dudes just want that bottom line to increase year over year. IWe'll see how the pressure from TV contracts work out too.

If jimmy g get it BDN can hold it down for 14 days >D

also week 1 and 4 of preseason been cancelled. Waiting to hear first 4 weeks of regular season have been cancelled. Cmon roger... let’s be realistic here...

Maybe delaying the season a month or so wouldn't be such a bad idea. The more time passes, the closer to a vaccine we are. Also With Baseball and Basketball starting up we have enough sports to entertain us in September lol.

2 months from now could look a lot different and who knows we could have a vaccine then, and at that point I think the NFL just goes business as usual when it comes to fans at games. Might still require a mask but it would be nice. I know its wishful thinking but that would be a game changer. Besides, wouldnt it be nice to have a whole month of Football in January and playoffs in February? 2021 offseason wouldn't be so long either :smile:

Yeah, that's what is probably best. There are a few vaccine makers already entering phase 3 of their clinical trials. Hell, China is already giving their vaccine to its military.

We'll definitely see McKinnon in a 49er uniform. :nerd: Might not be in August or September, but we'll eventually see him. The season ain't getting canceled. That is unless he hurts himself again. :sick:

im not srprised i think its cashed.

NHL seems most likely to pull it off because of the small rosters, number of active players/night, less coaching/training staff and I'm doubtful they'll pul it off

NBA wilding who knows whats going tp happen.

MLB owners out of their mind, players from the Nats, Dbacks, and Rockies are already opting to sit out the season.

idk what they're going to do and i don't think the u.s fda will have a suitable mass vaccine before 2021

Yeah, that's what is probably best. There are a few vaccine makers already entering phase 3 of their clinical trials. Hell, China is already giving their vaccine to its military.

We'll definitely see McKinnon in a 49er uniform. :nerd: Might not be in August or September, but we'll eventually see him. The season ain't getting canceled. That is unless he hurts himself again. :sick:

Red, you're my guy and one of the most knowledgable guys about football in this thread but....man....football ain't happening this year. China giving their military vaccine? You really believe that it's going to work? Come on now.... Phase 3? Yeah great, and another six months from being able to mass manufactured. I don't think people realize how much time it takes to develop, test and administer a vaccine. Simply put, we ain't seeing a vaccine this calendar year and probably not one until Spring 2021 at the earliest.

Huh? Everything I posted was factual. Where in my post did you see me say anything about China's vaccine working? I simply stated that they're giving their military vaccine. This is a fact. And yes, vaccine manufacturers are entering phase 3. Again, another fact.

Back
Top Bottom