:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope Hurd is ready to go this year. People forget he started over Alvin Kamara at RB in Tennessee, tall and tough praying this back injury hasn’t stunted his mobility.

Last edited:
Like all of ya'll, I was a bit surprised at some of the picks but the more I sit back and marinate, the more it makes sense to me. We all know Shannahan is a mastermind on offensive schemes. He obviously knows what he wants to run and knows what weapons are needed to address those needs.

In Shannahan we trust.

Absolutely love both selections. Would have been thrilled with CeeDee at 13/14 overall but Lynch loves building Defense.

Brandon Aiyuk hits his ceiling he can defintely be the caliber player Golden Tate is. Javon Kinlaw to me is a 40 Lbs heavier high character version of Darnell Dockett.

For the context of the 49ers situation: a SB window that's currently open and a roster that doesn't have that many pressing needs other than adding depth (but every team can always use more depth), this draft on paper looks like a home run as far as I'm concerned. Got 2 players that address needs and have great chances to be "plug and play" instant impact players for this coming season.

People arguing "but they traded Buckner just to draft another DT!!!" are missing the point.

Nobody is saying Kinlaw is an instant upgrade over Buckner for this 2020 season (time will tell for long term overall), the point is that they weren't going to be able to keep both Armstead and Buckner w/ the salary cap ramifications.

And because Armstead wasn't going to yield as much return in a trade, there was more value in keeping Armstead than getting rid of him.

I also get annoyed at those saying "THEY GAVE UP 3 PICKS JUST TO MOVE UP 5 SPOTS!!!"

They really only gave up 2 picks (4th and 5th rounders). The 31st pick wasn't "given up" it was a swap for the 26th. And with the 4th rounder being a "free" pick from the Bucs that the 49ers never had in the first place, from my eyes, they really just gave up a 5th rounder to move up to get their guy in Aiyuk.

He gets the ball and boom...he's 10 yards downfield. He might not be the bully that Samuel is but he has the young ES vibes to him.

Went to bed upset that we didn’t get a WR after our first pick but glad to see that we got a good WR closing out the 1st round as I woke up this morning.

I think Daniel Jeremiah one of the better evaluators on TV. So, I love when I see he had Brandon Aiyuk as a top 20 player in this class and considered him as just scratching the surface.

Referred to as college footballs Y.A.K. (Yards after king)

• One more fit that’s considered really, really strong: Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk going to the Niners. “He’s a true route-runner, and he’s the best RAC [run after catch] receiver in the draft,” said one AFC college scouting director. “That’s ridiculous that they got him, and they’ll be able to line him up with Deebo [Samuel] and [George] Kittle. He’s strong, he can make people miss and he’s a real threat in the return game. I’d be very surprised if that’s a miss.” It’s also worth mentioning how good Kyle Shanahan is at identifying and coaching receivers, as part of all this.

This is from another teams scouting department after day 1

Back
Top Bottom