:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I felt sick for days after they made that trade. Defo was the first top-10 draft crush of mine that this organization had drafted at that point. Great player and even better person.

I still think Kinlaw will turn into a good player. For a guy who came out needing development, this offseason didn't do him any favors.

wait, what

the playoffs is a new season and anything can happen; and even with a losing record of like 7-9 niners might squeak into an 8th seed. but im not confident that this defensive line would survive the first round against the #2 (assuming first seed gets a bye). The #2 seed could be GB/SEA/TB/NO.. this defensive is gonna get the secondary destroyed

and ****ing damn it, why did we throw money at AA and not invest in DeFo? still pissed about that move. reminds me of the raiders trading khalil mack away and having to hit reset on their pass rush

where there's smoke, there's fire. is the writing on the wall for jimmy? our guy Jimmy GQ is about to go from one of the highest paid contracts to being on a metropcs-like incentive laden contract

he's got at least one more season here, but probably on a heavily restructured deal, while they let a rookie QB redshirt. sighh, we're back in the QB carousel fellas :frown:

where there's smoke, there's fire. is the writing on the wall for jimmy? our guy Jimmy GQ is about to go from one of the highest paid contracts to being on a metropcs-like incentive laden contract

he's got at least one more season here, but probably on a heavily restructured deal, while they let a rookie QB redshirt. sighh, we're back in the QB carousel fellas :frown:
1 more what?????

Only way that happens is if Mullens pulls magic out his *** and sneaks us in the playoffs

Sneak into the playoffs. Trade up in the draft. Just like KC did. They were a playoff team and still got their guy in the draft.

I know lots of people want to tank but I think its important for the Franchise's culture to get into the playoffs again. You want to create that streak of consecutive playoff appearances and become that perennial playoff team again. Not some team that gets in every other year or once every 4-5 years.

yea **** tanking breh. you play to play every season. just figure out how to get your guy thats what you got the GM and scouting and all that jazz for.

Kyle and the teams job is to get these Dubs

Tanking in theory Always sounds good from the fan or fantasy GM perspective

but in reality those 60 or so players gotta put something on the field or their careers might be thru

even if the team is losing you’re still auditioning for your contract extension or your role on the next team, players, coordinators, and head coaches included.

I don't see Shanny ever playing to tank.. in 2017 they started 0-9 and were shoo-ins for that 1st pick but then he gave jimmy the keys and they finished 6-10

i doubt tanking is an option for this franchise and i agree with the importance of sustaining a winning culture even if it compromises draft position; but given the way this season is panning out and the injuries they have i dont even think they have to intentionally tank. the roster is depleted

1 more what?????

Only way that happens is if Mullens pulls magic out his *** and sneaks us in the playoffs

I might be mis-interpreting your post.. but i think the niners bring jimmy back next season on a restructured prove-it deal. when he's healthy and the run game is hummin, Jimmy is a good QB. niners could do a lot worse at the position but is jimmy worth that $24 million next year especially if the niners have some decisions to make with sherm, trent, juice, verrett and k'waun?

wtf lol. Gives a new meaning to a nasty OL. :sick: :rofl:

given Penn State's scandal history...

2ef6b3a8349a282b9b73735e62015ad9.jpeg

I might be mis-interpreting your post.. but i think the niners bring jimmy back next season on a restructured prove-it deal. when he's healthy and the run game is hummin, Jimmy is a good QB. niners could do a lot worse at the position but is jimmy worth that $24 million next year especially if the niners have some decisions to make with sherm, trent, juice, verrett and k'waun?
Oh we're on the same page.

I say Jimmy is not coming back AT ALL.

Tanking in theory Always sounds good from the fan or fantasy GM perspective

but in reality those 60 or so players gotta put something on the field or their careers might be thru

even if the team is losing you’re still auditioning for your contract extension or your role on the next team, players, coordinators, and head coaches included.

I’ve always said this. Guys are playing for roster spots be it with their current team or a future team. Guys are playing for contract extensions, raises etc, so they’re not going to willingly tank just so the team can dispose of they once they secure a top pick.

From a coaching perspective, yeah you can shut down guys who are part of your long term plans at some point to avoid them potentially getting seriously injured in a meaningless game once you’re out of contention. You can let your younger guys play in hopes of finding some diamonds in the rough and seeing what you got. You can coach from a developmental approach in the later games etc, perhaps focusing more on developing guys if you know ownership isn’t judging you off wins and losses in that season. But aside from that you’re trying to win games to keep your job.

Back
Top Bottom