:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kirk and Jimmy are on the same tier. I know that pains some Niner fans to hear, but thats reality.

yeah but what is the point in trading assets for Cousins and taking on his salary then? Dude is set to make $45M next year. I'd rather not have him take up 25% of our cap for a marginal upgrade.

i believe he's a step up from jimmy. i can't remember the last time i seen jimmy complete a 25+ yard ball outside the numbers when it wasn't a designed wheel or play-action when juice/kittle escapes from their defender running across the formation.

kirk makes mistakes, yes. but he is confident using the entire 53 when throwing to his guys.

don't want to be the negative nancy but that throw was almost 2 years ago, and quite frankly there are tons of high schoolers that can make that throw. if we gotta dig up open out routes from years ago we got a big problem on our hands.

which we all know we do.

You implied in your first statement “I can’t remember the last time he threw a 25 yard pass outside the numbers” that he can’t make that throw. Now it’s “well that was two years ago.” Just acknowledge that he can and keep it pushing.

Here’s another one for you.

You implied in your first statement “I can’t remember the last time he threw a 25 yard pass outside the numbers” that he can’t make that throw. Now it’s “well that was two years ago.” Just acknowledge that he can and keep it pushing.

Here’s another one for you.

i'll take the L bro, but i think you know i wasn't literally saying he doesn't have the arm strength to get it 25 yards down the field. more so, we are handicapped by his lack of arm strength. the throw to pettis was cool.

Haha, I always said I believed Kirk would eventually end up in red and gold. I think swapping Jimmy and Kirk is a bit of a push, but Kirk does have two big advantages over Jimmy: 1) He's durable. 2) He consistently pushes the ball down the field.

I don't get Shanahan's infatuation with Cousins.

must be Kissing* Cousins or something

in any case, i'm indifferent to Jimmy at this point. if he's QB1 next season, I'm not too disappointed. I think a part of it is I'm seeing mobile QBs dominate the league and suddenly I want the niners to have a similar QB.. need to remind myself that "traditional" QBs can still do it.

we've seen Jimmy's ceiling, he's luxury brand Alex Smith. He's good enough to not lose you games, but with few exceptions, we can't comfortably say he'll be the definitive reason niners win. his success is largely contingent on every facet of the team clicking. we've seen QBs do more with far less talent on both sides of the ball. besides his poor pocket presence and durability, jimmy's tunnel vision gets him in trouble. he needs to steal from BDN's playbook and spread the damn ball around. too much talent on this offense to only look deebo and kittle's way.

must be Kissing* Cousins or something

in any case, i'm indifferent to Jimmy at this point. if he's QB1 next season, I'm not too disappointed. I think a part of it is I'm seeing mobile QBs dominate the league and suddenly I want the niners to have a similar QB.. need to remind myself that "traditional" QBs can still do it.

we've seen Jimmy's ceiling, he's luxury brand Alex Smith. He's good enough to not lose you games, but with few exceptions, we can't comfortably say he'll be the definitive reason niners win. his success is largely contingent on every facet of the team clicking. we've seen QBs do more with far less talent on both sides of the ball. besides his poor pocket presence and durability, jimmy's tunnel vision gets him in trouble. he needs to steal from BDN's playbook and spread the damn ball around. too much talent on this offense to only look deebo and kittle's way.
All fair points, especially the tunnel vision. My biggest criticism of Jimmy goes back to what Sherman said prior to the 2018 season, Jimmy does not pump fake. Once his left hand comes off the ball he’s throwing it. I think if he developed a pump fake he could be as productive as Rich Gannon was with the Raiders from 2000-2002.

Smfh if they trade for kirk. If this trade ends up happening and the niners are picking in the top 10 again next year time to look for a new coach and GM.

call me crazy but with all these names being floated out there, the qb i actually want to push for, is carson wentz. feel like we can get him at a bargain, and he has elite/mvp talent.

his salary ain't too bad where it stands. but are the eagles going to eat that dead cap number, which is high.

i want a gunslinger, period.

call me crazy but with all these names being floated out there, the qb i actually want to push for, is carson wentz. feel like we can get him at a bargain, and he has elite/mvp talent.

his salary ain't too bad where it stands. but are the eagles going to eat that dead cap number, which is high.

i want a gunslinger, period.
Bargain? Unless he’s down to restructure which I doubt.
Wentz extension hasn’t even taken effect yet. I’m good with that big *** contract he just signed. :sick:
Dude regressed big time last year and although Kyle can probably bring him back to life. I’m good with not taking that gamble.

Bargain? Unless he’s down to restructure which I doubt.
Wentz extension hasn’t even taken effect yet. I’m good with that big *** contract he just signed. :sick:
Dude regressed big time last year and although Kyle can probably bring him back to life. I’m good with not taking that gamble.

bargain as in compensation (picks) if philly wants to move on from him.

but his salary isn't too back. $22, $27, $26.

Lol these Twitter hacks trying to get famous. Last week Stafford to 49ers was a done deal. Today there was never even an offer in place.

Kirk to the 9ers is just the low hanging fruit they have latched onto now. Similar to when a gambler puts 10 bucks on +1000 odds and says “why not”.

This is complete BS and makes no sense. Jimmy and Kurt are both C+ quarterbacks at best. This would be a complete lateral move at a premium cost. Bogus

Lol these Twitter hacks trying to get famous. Last week Stafford to 49ers was a done deal. Today there was never even an offer in place.

Kirk to the 9ers is just the low hanging fruit they have latched onto now. Similar to when a gambler puts 10 bucks on +1000 odds and says “why not”.

This is complete BS and makes no sense. Jimmy and Kurt are both C+ quarterbacks at best. This would be a complete lateral move at a premium cost. Bogus

bingo! why would Lynch sacrifice draft capital that would be on cheap rookie deals to essentially have the same ceiling at QB

Bro hell no. I heard it from alll the washington team fans way too much about his crap . Seen it with my own eyes. And super viking fans friend of mine absolutely hates him.

There is a reason every Vikings fan in the NFL thread is giddy to get rid of him

Also this Jimmy injury prone thing is kind of a stretch. People are not prone to ACL tears lol. The likelihood that anybody we have back there can get that same injury is the same. This year it was a high ankle sprain. It was terrible luck, he’s not made of glass lol.

Also this Jimmy injury prone thing is kind of a stretch. People are not prone to ACL tears lol. The likelihood that anybody we have back there can get that same injury is the same. This year it was a high ankle sprain. It was terrible luck, he’s not made of glass lol.
What you mean? He is made of glass. Dude is always injured? He’s had literally 1 full season under his belt.

edit: that being said, Jimmy is the guy until he isn’t.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom