:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree. Maybe 1 of those teams has a line that can keep Jimmy upright(TB.) Just remembered and it doesn’t help that Jim has a no-trade clause in his contract(tf were we thinking.) Dude already has 100 M’s in the bank, he better not get cute now and take the starting job that’s on the table and not the one that he wants. Tbh, I don’t care where Jim lands, I wish him the best and thank him for his service but I’m ready to see what the kid Trey is made of.
Jimmy's no trade clause expired. He doesnt have that power anymore. If we cant find someone who will trade for him, he needs to be cut. Its time to move forward.

I really don’t care what Adam Schefter has to say personally. But if behind the scenes the organization thinks Trey is still green and the players in that locker room aren’t all that thrilled about the prospect of running it back with the rookie they see in practice every day. Those are valid concerns. I’m not saying any of that is the case, but if it were, I could see the concerns.

If after the 2020 season the organization felt the team they had and the talent on the roster much more resembled the 2019 squad and that 2020 was more of an injury plagued fluke season than anything. I would assume going into the draft last year they felt they had a win now roster aside from the question marks at qb. That said unless the organization absolutely felt/feels Trey is going to be their long term answer at qb, part of me questions them making that trade unless they were fully certain that’s going to be the guy long term. Because with a win now roster. I could see prioritizing trying to upgrade the qb position with a more talented veteran to get them where Jimmy couldn’t.

Still, it’s way too early to judge the trade. I think we’re all in agreement here they reached their ceiling with Jimmy and a move needed to be made in some capacity. It’s barely February. Ideally Trey just comes into training camp this summer and just shuts down all that being green noise, takes the job and doesn’t relinquish it until the mid 2030’s.

Jimmy himself said he expects to be traded. I don’t think the Trey is too green rumor has any traction in the locker room or front office, but if he isn’t the starter come training camp then Lynch, Shanahan, and everyone else will have bungled this QB situation.

The meat...
"By trading or releasing him they’d free up $25.55 million of room. With his $26.95 million on the books they’d have virtually no wiggle room under the cap this year to add free agents and draft picks. They’ve been banking on clearing that space which is why they never restructured his deal after signing him long-term following the 2017 season. It’s cheap to get him off the books and all signs point to them doing it.

There are other factors as well, like Garoppolo bidding adieu to the fans in his final press conference, and his teammates saying their goodbyes on social media. Bringing him back after all that would be at best awkward and at worst a disaster to navigate publicly. More quarterback uncertainty hanging over the team after a full year of it would add additional adversity for a club that could just as easily avoid it.

Garoppolo didn’t play well enough to get the 49ers to the Super Bowl last season....Running it back would not elevate their ceiling and would make it tough to continue putting together a competitive roster while navigating such a sizable cap hit for the quarterback."

If we get Gilmore, defense instantly becomes elite.

If the Seahoes get him, then we pry DJ Reed away from SEA.

Either way, 49ers need to add a veteran CB ASAP. Do it Lynch!

Last edited:
I think It’s a third round this year and a third round next like all minority coach hires

So that would give 9ers 3 extra third round picks this draft and next draft right?

More ammo for lynch to finesse his way back into the first round? :evil:

or maybe with some of his first round blunders maybe we should just keep the mid round picks since that’s where we shine >D

maybe i'm a gamblin man but I would like to see them some of those picks to trade up

if they really get 3 3rd round picks for all the departing minority coaches and then something in the realm of a 2nd or 3rd, for jimmy g, I would rather they not make 4+ picks in the 2nd-3rd round

maybe i'm a gamblin man but I would like to see them some of those picks to trade up

if they really get 3 3rd round picks for all the departing minority coaches and then something in the realm of a 2nd or 3rd, for jimmy g, I would rather they not make 4+ picks in the 2nd-3rd round

I don't know how to feel about this regime in the 2nd and 3rd round. They've made some sobering whiffs in those rounds. But then again, Lynch and Shanny swooped up Deebo and Fred in those rounds so I can't be too disappointed.

hopefully thomas develops into a stud at corner and aaron banks can actually see the field next year. trey sermon looked lost out there, thank goodness for EMitch

We arent going to get s**t. I dont care what Schefter says about this not affecting his trade value. Dude literally gets hurt every single year. If you are a GM, are you trading anything of value for an injury prone QB who is about to be in his year 31 season? I'm not.

We arent going to get s**t. I dont care what Schefter says about this not affecting his trade value. Dude literally gets hurt every single year. If you are a GM, are you trading anything of value for an injury prone QB who is about to be in his year 31 season? I'm not.

Carson Wentz was a injury prone QB with accuracy issues and he went for a slew of picks just 1 year ago.

A 2nd and a 4th would be a solid return if Lynch can't get a first.

We gave up a 2nd to get him. Jimmy left this team better than when he got here, that must count for something so we gotta get more than just a 2nd rounder.

Gotta drive up Jimmy's value, starting bid is only at $.10 know what I mean jelly bean :lol:

Last edited:
i wonder if teams are willing to wait and see if the niners cut jimmy if they can’t find a trade partner and swoop him in free agency. idk what the market value for him is, he seems like a solid bridge QB for any team looking to draft a future starter, but is he worth giving up a second rounder + his $25 million?

i imagine they see the writing on the wall for jimmy with trey on deck. the only scenario i could see niners retaining him is if they restructure his contract and bring him back on a team friendly deal.

Back
Top Bottom