:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Vernon in all honesty, but I don't think him holding out and not getting the contract he wanted last offseason and then proceeding to go from a beast catching balls/TD's as well as a very good blocking TE to straight up trash was a coincidence.

POST FA /retirement exodus mock with comp picks included(i think i got them all). i had to sacrifice some players, but i think this mock fills more needs and puts us in a better position going into the foreseeable future. Two common themes here: defense and physical running game. With Torrey, QP and Bruce on the roster, I think we might have to skip WR entirely to address other needs.
1.) Danny Shelton NT 6'2 340lbs

With his thick frame and powerful upper body, Shelton has moments where he can dominate at the point of attack. He was forced to chase sideline to sideline due to the nature of Pac-12 offenses, but when he faced downhill competition like Stanford, he stepped up. Shelton is an above average interior pass rusher for a man his size thanks to his surprising athleticism. He is a fit in a two-gap scheme and could benefit from playing fewer snaps than he was forced to play at Washington.
2.) Denzel Perryman ILB 5'11 236lbs

Lacks desirable height but has the look of a prototypical inside 'backer with a stout, thick frame. Instinctive and tough. Showed improved closing speed and explosiveness as a tackler in 2014. Strong, active hands, agile feet and good use of leverage free him from blocks. Good burst and lower-body flexibility. Picks up routes quickly. Smooth hips to hitch himself to a crossing route and maintain stride-for-stride coverage on slot receivers. Durable. Voted team captain.
3.) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB 5'9 192lbs

Ekpre-Olomu's height and knee issue are likely to take him off the board as a first-round prospect for many defenses. However, what he lacks in measurables, he makes up for with production, natural ability and confidence. He might lack the size teams want from an outside cornerback, but he's more than capable of playing in the slot and playing press, off or zone effectively. Unfortunately for Ekpre-Olomu, the knee injury could hurt his draft stock.
4.) David Cobb RB 5'11 230lbs

Cobb's YouTube highlights might bore you, but he's custom-made for physical running teams. He has one-cut traits and can play in a gap scheme. Adjusting his style to the speed of the NFL game might take some time, but Cobb's downhill, run-finishing style fits what running games are becoming again and he has a shot to be more than just a complementary back.
Comp Pick.) Donovan Smith OT 6'6 338

NFL scouts can check quite a few boxes when watching the Penn State tackle. Smith has the size, foot quickness and the high competitive nature that translates well to the next level. Smith slides smoothly to his left, maintaining the arc with good knee bend in pass protection. He flashes violent hands to control defenders and generally keeps his feet shuffling laterally to mirror. He's quick to the second level and understands blocking angles, using his massive frame to legally get in the way of pursuing defenders without grasping on and drawing the flag. Smith is cognizant against the blitz, peeling off of his initial assignment, if needed, to get a quick shove on surprise rushers. Big and athletic enough to move to any of the other exterior positions, giving his future OL coach a lot of flexibility if Smith isn't able to handle NFL speed off the edge.
5.) Ladarius Gunter CB 6'1 202

Has the desired size, length and playmaking qualities to be a starting cornerback but his perceived lack of play speed and inconsistency in man coverage could cause teams to peg him as a zone corner, which might drop him by a round.
6.)  Kyle Emanuel OLB 6'3 255

Small-school prospects often come with inflated statistics, but Emanuel's tape shows a combination of motor and skill that should be respected inside NFL buildings once he's studied closely. Emanuel has the leverage and hips to get under tackles and turn the corner, but his explosion off the snap will be tested. With his foot quickness and surprising lateral agility, there might be defensive coordinators willing to give him a shot as a 4-3 SAM linebacker.
Comp Pick) Aaron Ripkowksi FB 6'1 257lbs

Old-school blocking back who will have a hit or two each game that wows the crowd and gets his teammates fired up. He often charges in head-first and with a lowered head, so his success rate can vary greatly from game to game. Lack of pass-catching background hurts his chances.
53-man roster:

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert

OL: Joe Staley, Brandon Thomas, Daniel Kilgore, Alex Boone, Anthony Davis, Marcus Martin, Donovan Smith
WR: Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Quinton Patton, Bruce Ellington, Jerome Simpson/Trindon Holliday

RB: Carlos Hyde, Reggie Bush, Kendall Hunter, David Cobb

FB:  Trey Millard, Aaaron Ripkowski

TE: Vernon Davis, Vance MacDonald, Derek Carrier, Garrett Celek

DL: Justin Smith*, Darnell Dockett, Danny Shelton, Tank Carradine, Tony Jerod Eddie, Quinton Dial, Ian Williams, Glenn Dorsey

LB: Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Ahmad BrooksDenzel Perryman, Aaron Lynch,  Michael Wilhoite, Kyle Emmanuel

CB: Tramaine Brock, Dontae Johnson, Keith Reaser, Kenneth Acker, Ladarius Gunter, Chris Cook
S: Eric Reid, Antoine Bethea,  Jimmie Ward, LJ McCray, Craig Dahl Dashon Goldson
K: Big Money Phil Dawson
P: Andy Lee
LS: Kyle Nelson

IR: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

starters in bold

* pending retirement

if they're missing they either got released or traded.

Last edited:
Theres only 1 offense worth mentioning in the NFCW. We should just draft offense in rounds 1, 2 and 3

Yeah, let's not address that huge void in the middle of our defense until late in the draft....

Lol no. That would be incredibly dumb. 

Last edited:
If there is anything we have learned from the last few years is that as long as you have a strong defense, you will always be competitive in games.

I'm a defense kind of guy so if I have a choice between filling a defensive hole over an offensive one, I'm picking defense.

i think that niners should just say **** it and sign dashon to play ILB.. dude hits harder than most LB out there

Jay Cutler really shredded our defense with that 170 total passing yards and 80.8 qb rating...

You sure it couldn't have been those three turn overs Kaepernick had  that gave Chicago a short field in the second half? How about the fact that Corey Lemonier was starting at OLB with zero pressures in over 120 snaps? 

Last edited:
Theres only 1 offense worth mentioning in the NFCW. We should just draft offense in rounds 1, 2 and 3

the major fix we need on offense starts at OLine. baalke address that and this offense is sitting pretty.

btw, any word on Cowboy's decision? the more time passes, the more i feel he's gonna stay. unless he's waiting to see if we get Shelton

Last edited:
Jay Cutler really shredded our defense with that 176 total passing yards and 80.8 qb rating...

Or maybe it was the fact that Kaepernick had multiple turn overs that gave Chicago a short field. That and the fact that Corey Lemonier was starting at OLB with zero pressures in over 120 snaps. 

:lol:

I didn't even bother looking up the stats for the game.

We should have won that damn game..

Last edited:
 Lol dont be bruh! The chance that he gets taken before #15 is very real; however, I also think the probability he slips to 15 is also very real. It's 50/50 to me.

If he is gone before 15, I would be in favor of finding some team to trade back with. 

Last edited:
  There is one player who I haven't touched on. He is my favorite defensive player in the entire draft, but I haven't talked about him because we have Aldon and Lynch, and it would be crazy if he gets passed the top 10. 

But if this man somehow slips to 15 I would **** my ******* pants....
Shane Ray is a god damn murderer. One of the most athletically explosive players ive ever seen
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Last edited:
Lets put points on the board guys. Our offense is NOT sitting pretty. Whats the point of having this stout D every year if we cannot score?? Theres no way Im the only one lol

Lets put points on the board guys. Our offense is NOT sitting pretty. Whats the point of having this stout D every year if we cannot score?? Theres no way Im the only one lol

Other than the OLine, talent is NOT the reason this offense was bad. We don't have many holes on offense.

I'm not saying DONT draft offense but the defense is in need to players at numerous positions.

Defense needs to be our priority IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom