:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the addition of Torrey Smith, the only offensive pick I could see us making in the first couple rounds is for a potential #1 receiver between DGB, Strong or Perriman. That's it, though. We don't need to use high picks on RB or TE. 

CB and ILB are our most pressing needs. Then DL and OL.

Last edited:
What do you suggest we do?

Remember to take into consideration:

1.) We suffered tons of injuries on the line and right tackle was a turnstile which created a ripple effect across the entire line. Anthony Davis and Daniel Kilgore will be back, and Brandon Thomas will be inserted at left guard.

2.) We had no deep threat, so teams crowded the box with 8, 9 guys; as a result, we could not run too. Torrey Smith will take the top off defenses.

3.) Kap had a horrible year and G-Ro didn't help. G-Ro is gone and Kap is working his *** off in AZ with Kurt Warner and QB guru Dennis Gile.

4.) Vernon had the worst year of his career. I highly doubt he will be as bad this upcoming season in a contract year.

Last edited:
Ideally i would like to see defesnse in the 1st 2nd defense 3rd offense 4th offense

Realistically
1st BPA,

Then the draft will fall into place after that.

I feel like guys are crossing there fingers praying for us to have a better offense [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] it doesnt happen that way. The D will be good with Aldon and Bow. Im sure we will get some gems in the later rounds of the draft

Round 1. WR
Round 2. OL or TE
Got any players in mind? And who would these players start over? When you're drafting in those early rounds you're drafting players to start, but all those positions have starters penciled in. 

The most substantial improvement our offense will see next season is with the progression of Kaepernick at a QB. Period. There isn't any greater way of improving our offense than Kap being better.

Last edited:
 That's why many of us are in agreement that bolstering the defense is a priority. It will help keep us competitive in every game. We play D and run the ball. That's what we do and that's what we're built for. Not to mention our new head coach is a defensive guy.

I'll say this: Kap has been proactive this offseason. Let's wait and see how it goes. Nobody knows what the hell will happen. This guy didn't look too bad in that hightlight posted a page back with a decent line protecting him.

Last edited:
Heres the thing. Even with the elite defense we have had over the years we still have not won it all. In that same time frame the boys up north essentially won 2. At some point we have to change the culture. Become an offensive minded team blowing tops off (no romo). I dont want to depend on Boldin or VD any longer.

Teams become the type of offensive minded team you want when they have an elite QB and there are about 5 of those in the entire NFL. Sorry buddy, but it's not happening.

And you want to become an offensive minded team with a defensive minded coach? Does that make sense? 
indifferent.gif

Playing D and running the ball is a proven formula. It's timeless. It has always worked and always will work.

Last edited:
Did you just start watching football recently? You've got a lot to learn.

Sounds like you've already given up on the season so I suggest refraining from posting further suggestions such as becoming an offensive minded team with a defensive minded coach. :lol:

Last edited:
If Bill Walsh thought like you he would have given up after going 8-24 in his two season.

Aslong as Trent is our GM our football philosophy will revolve around physical football that involves playing good defense and running the ball. It's not going to change and I don't know what else to you.

Kyle Williams played defense? That's new to me.
The defense was supposed to punch it in from the 5? That's also new to me...

Listen man, the defense is the reason we were even 8-8 this year. Red has already said it, the OLine will be improved and the only way for the entire offense to become better is if Kaepernick gets better. Not gonna happen if he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom