:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing that hurts about it isn’t the loss

The loss I can deal with

It’s that they didn’t even really get to play the game.

by the third or fourth posssession it was game over. By the half we had injured every active QB.

Those last series where JJ was ruled out due to concussion and Brock Purdy was forced back in just handing off or tossing a run play every snap. That was tough to watch.

Purdy only got 4 passing attempts the entire game

The loss I can deal with

by the third or fourth posssession it was game over. By the half we had injured every active QB.

Those last series where JJ was ruled out due to concussion and Brock Purdy was forced back in just handing off or tossing a run play every snap. That was tough to watch.

THIS!!! Exactly my thoughts. That’s why this one hurts more than the other big game losses IMO. They didn’t even have a shot to play a competitive game. The Eagles were the better team yesterday and took advantage (like they should have). They‘re a good team, however I feel like we would have won yesterday with a healthy Purdy.

See that CMC td was insane. Only goody from yesterday. Deebo was annoyed with the plays too

Attachments

• 5849D617-3373-452C-BE6E-49B7891EB0BC.jpeg
    5849D617-3373-452C-BE6E-49B7891EB0BC.jpeg
    498.4 KB · Views: 10
  • A9DF888B-DE25-44DF-B185-0079BEACEE79.jpeg
    A9DF888B-DE25-44DF-B185-0079BEACEE79.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 11
  • A2E371F9-A8F7-49F5-8CBE-95D29A3C6E5F.jpeg
    A2E371F9-A8F7-49F5-8CBE-95D29A3C6E5F.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 07374F9E-5041-4AFC-ACCE-F34C4BA6B4EF.jpeg
    07374F9E-5041-4AFC-ACCE-F34C4BA6B4EF.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 381
Mistakes killed them. If JJ was prepared, I think the Niners still had a chance. The series that led to CMCs rush TD. The offense was moving the ball really well and the defense had some good stops.

Let me experience a SB win with my kids. They thought I was upset when I screamed during CMC's TD, only to jump around and celebrate with me lol.
This. I need this too. A super bowl win with my kids. I have triplet boys who are 12 and they are all die hard niners fans too. I need a super bowl victory to celebrate with them. They are sick of the close calls too, lol. And they got harassed in school today too! Ugh.

Re-watched the game twice yesterday. I will say this...even if Purdy hadn't gotten hurt, we still lose imo. But with a healthy Purdy we lose by 7-10 points instead of getting blown out by 24.

This was like when Dal beat SF in 92 and 93 before the 49ers finally got over that hump in 94.

There were numerous other 49ers players who didn’t show up and weren't READY TO PLAY HARDCORE SMASHMOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL like every single defensive and offensive lineman was for Philly. They were the more prepared and the more physical team the entire game.

I'm beyond pissed at the complete lack of preparation by some players as well as the coaching staff.

Disagree with me all you want bros but this team ain't as "Super Bowl Ready" as I initially thought they were. Too many penalties, too many boneheaded plays, too many missed assignments, BCB injury and bad calls notwithstanding.

A SB ready squad means the right offensive tackle, defensive tackle, 2nd or 3rd string TE, backup QB, etc ALL show up ready to bring the bang and be physical in a championship game. Some players went into the fetal position and threw in the towel by the 2nd half after getting hit in the mouth early in the game.

Last edited:
Niners' lost all their confidence, or whatever was left of it, when JJ fumbled with 50 or so seconds left before halftime and to make matters worse our vaunted defense gave up 7 points in like 40 seconds to put SF behind 7-21 at intermission SMH.

Kyle tried to be aggressive and pass with a minute left trying to score with a 5th string QB instead of killing the clock on the ground and be happy going into halftime down only 7-14, KNOWING that not only do you get the ball back to start the 3rd but additionally Johnson stood very little chance succeeding in a gotdamn 2 minute drill cause the Mfr ain't ever been there before LOL. Common effing football sense. But Kyle is known for choking in championship games so why are we surprised?

Kyle proves once again why he isn't ready for the spotlight. Dude chokes in high pressure situations and always makes the wrong decisions in championship games time and time again.

It's an absolute MUST Kyle Shanahan GETS BETTER AS A COACH next year cause Jed ain't ever going to fire him.

Last edited:
The only other 49ers playoff L worse than this. IYKYK

Yesterday's game totally brought me back to this embarrassing loss to NYG in a year when many expected SF to win it all.

For decades the 49ers have lost to NFC East foes in pivotal playoff games. Whether its DAL in thr 90s, the,Giants, Eagles, or Skins, that doggone division taken us out in the playoffs numerous times and have spoiled many 9er seasons.

Last edited:

The loss I can deal with

this is what i was saying yesterday. the “what ifs” linger longer than a straight loss. team
never really had a chance and it’s a damn shame

Delete…. Sorry fam I didn’t know this was posted already…. Just to down to read everything on the thread…

Last edited:
The pain only gets worse…

View attachment 3085202

It’s Trey SZN (that’s if they don’t trade him… rumor mill)
I wouldn’t be shocked if they reach out to Brady and or Rodgers at this point.

At this point, maximize the opportunity to win the chip with the best players available.

Idk if it’s smart to pay Brady $30mil or more though lol.

JJ just isn’t built like Purdy. Asking to catch a shotgun snap is a lot.

This :lol: Shanny gotta be better tho :lol:

Who knows how a healthy Purdy would have looked but I sure as hell know it wouldnt have been anywhere near what Josh brought

Defense was playing their *** off even through all of that chaos, have a hard time believing that game doesnt at least go down to the wire with Brock..hell even Jim and Trey. Ultimately our kryptonite ended up being a 4th and in a sense 5th string (one armed Purdy) :lol:

Frustrating aint even the word

We would've won if Purdy didn't get hurt. Defense adjusted well until JJ fumbled, not to mentioned we carried them to a touchdown via penalties. But of course, if you keep going 3 and out, any defense would eventually get tired. Anyways, doesn't matter, we lost. Now we gotta learn from that.

I’m trying to wrap my head around why the organization thought JJ was going to be a great back up. Always have to think worse outcome given our luck. JJ being familiar with Shanahan ain’t gonna cut it. My guy was completely lost.

Back
Top Bottom