:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Worst case scenario we bring back Blaine for one more year and draft a guy to sit and learn behind him. Unless it's a guy like Goff who just beats him out for the job.

I think The Drone has earned a spot on this team. Next year should be Hyde Drone and Hayne in the backfield.

Who said Gabbert has no arm, threw that ball 50+ yards :smile:

I dont think his arm was ever a problem. He just doesnt take many shots down field.

These were his strengths coming into the league.

Strengths:
Quick release and fluid throwing motion
Top shelf arm strength and velocity
Ideal NFL frame
Relatively mobile for his size
Able to properly lead receivers
Very accurate with short range throws

i am very impressed with his quick, coordinated feet.

he's definitely got a cannon! there was an overthrown pass vs SEA to bruce that had to have traveled 60 yards in the air. dude throws a nice, tight spiral as well.

Last edited:
The refreshing thing to see since Blaine's taken over and pleasant to watch is how he knows to run at the right time and knows when to go to his check down (although you could say he does that to a fault).

Just refreshing seeing "smarter" QB play from Blaine.

At this point, Blain is going to get the chance to remain the starter next year between himself, Rookie QB and Kaep ( if brought back, who knows ) I've been incredibly impressed with his athleticism

As much people know, im a big Kap supporter... But no way I would want him back at that price :smh:

We got plenty of other needs to fulfill

Last edited:
man, i love how the steelers play football. dudes are ruthless with that vertical pass attack. i am so jealous. i want a high-octane, state of the art passing offense. 
frown.gif

big ben a killer, and god damn does that organization know how to draft WRs. they have a mold and they stick to it. every WR they draft can kill you deep.

Last edited:
look at this recent history of drafting WRs: mike wallace, emmanuel sanders, antonio brown, markus wheaton, martavis bryant

that's ******* crazy. every single one of those guys will blow the top off the defense. obviously you need a QB who can get them the ball and a coach with the desire to air it out, but god damn!! i wish we would stop trying to be the late 80s giants and step into the 21st century NFL.

i love harbaugh, but i really am not fond of the double/triple tight end+fullback personnel in conjunction with the "grind them down to a pulp", play defense and eek out a win style of football. 

btw

Vincent Frank  ‏@VincentFrankNFL   2m2 minutes ago

Meaningless. But the 49ers are also a defensive stop against the Giants + a horribly officiated game from being 6-6. Food for thought.

Last edited:
^ keep eye out for the other young WR's they might have stashed on roster too. Sammie Coates had some hype coming out of college.

That's the NFL, "coulda woulda shoulda" :\

Even last year's "disaster" season of 8-8, they could have easily gone 11-5 or 12-4 if a few things had gone their way.

^ keep eye out for the other young WR's they might have stashed on roster too. Sammie Coates had some hype coming out of college.

That's the NFL, "coulda woulda shoulda" :\

Even last year's "disaster" season of 8-8, they could have easily gone 11-5 or 12-4 if a few things had gone their way.

Kap "fumbling" on the 1 against the Rams, blowing the big lead vs. the Bears, blew a decent lead after the half against the Cards. Disappointing, but I can't really complain considering closing out games is obviously a pretty big deal :lol:

very true. Turning those "woulda coulda shoulda" games from Ls to Ws is really one of the larger factors separating a bad team from a good one. think about how many games we would eek out with harbaugh? Just off the top of my head that first year we won games vs Detroit, PHilly, seacocks in Seattle we should have lost.

Kind of like today. :lol:

Last edited:
It's a no **** Sherlock statement but "closing games out" is what separates the contenders from the rest :lol:

Look at all the playoff games we won in Harbaugh era. Minus the Kap's first playoff game vs the Packers that turned into a blowout, all the other games we played in came down to the wire or we slowly pulled away (Panthers NFC divisional game in Jan 2014).

Just seen the mic'd up preview and Bowman called the screen where Jimmie took it the house :lol:

Last edited:
Gabbert definitely earned his spot for next year. I finally had a chance to see his 44-yd rush TD. That was very nice.

A deep ball thrown to Torrey Smith. So nice to see that play FINALLY happen and lead to a TD. That throw was a beauty.

My biggest fears about Blaine Gabbert starting are beginning to come true.  Reading twitter, Niner message boards and listening to the radio, 49er fans are CONVINCED that Blaine Gabbert should be our quarterback and we should focus this offseason and draft in other areas.  I am fearful that the knuckleheads in our front office may have bought in to Gabbert like our braindead fan base has.

Gabbert has exceeded all expectations, however that still does not mean he should be our QB moving forward.  As each week passes, I am fearful that our front office is seeing enough to make a longer than 1 year investment in him.  We need to draft a QB.  High.  Very high. 

My biggest fears about Blaine Gabbert starting are beginning to come true.  Reading twitter, Niner message boards and listening to the radio, 49er fans are CONVINCED that Blaine Gabbert should be our quarterback and we should focus this offseason and draft in other areas.  I am fearful that the knuckleheads in our front office may have bought in to Gabbert like our braindead fan base has.

Gabbert has exceeded all expectations, however that still does not mean he should be our QB moving forward.  As each week passes, I am fearful that our front office is seeing enough to make a longer than 1 year investment in him.  We need to draft a QB.  High.  Very high. 
Its simple to me: if this coaching staff remains,  I simply don't trust them to facilitate and foster the growth of a young QB like Jared Goff.

IMO, the most respectable coach on this staff is Mangini, so I would lean toward using our high draft picks to bolster the defense. Despite how erratic his defense has been this season, they've shown the ability to play great in spurts at home. I think Mangini is slowly finding his groove with this sqaud.

While Gabbert's play does not mean Gabbert should be our QB moving forward, it also does not mean he shouldn't be our QB moving forward, either. Let him finish out the season, and we'll evaluate then.

What we do know is Kaepernick is NOT the QB of this team moving forward.

Last edited:
I totally agree with both of you there ^

we need to draft a QB like Goff or Paxton Lynch, but this organization may be too incompetent to develop him

Its simple to me: if this coaching staff remains,  I simply don't trust them to facilitate and foster the growth of a young QB like Jared Goff.

IMO, the most respectable coach on this staff is Mangini, so I would lean toward using our high draft picks to bolster the defense. Despite how erratic his defense has been this season, they've shown the ability to play great in spurts at home. I think Mangini is slowly finding his groove with this sqaud.

While Gabbert's play does not mean Gabbert should be our QB moving forward, it also does not mean he shouldn't be our QB moving forward, either. Let him finish out the season, and we'll evaluate then.

What we do know is Kaepernick is NOT the QB of this team moving forward.
Wow.  Complete 180 for you.  It was ME who was posting weeks ago about how I don't know if I can trust this coaching staff to properly develop a QB and it was YOU who said you agreed but we needed to do it anyway.  My how things change in a matter of weeks.  What happened to Goff or bust?

I never said that Blaine shouldn't finish out the season and we should evaluate him now instead of then.  In fact, I have gone as far as saying we should have Blaine start next year while our QBOTF is sitting and learning.  But to wait a year before drafting a QB is simply delaying the inevitable search for our franchise QB.  We need to invest a high pick in a QB.  Period.

I thought Jed would wisen up and fire Tomsula. I've given up on that belief. 

btw can you link me to the post you're referring to? I am not sure how this is a complete 180 because i've maintained the same stance that you only go Goff with a new head coach. maybe i made a knee-jerk reply after a loss or something?

From everything i've heard, Tomsula was York's hire. Maybe Baalke can get it right?

You pair Goff with Sean Payton or Hue Jackson, and now we're cooking.

jared goff needs to have a offensive minded guru fostering his development

so what do you do?

you build a bully is what you do. 

do the right thing jed.

you know what the **** im talking about.
are you referring to this post?

I would be on board for drafting a quarterback too......but

a.) Do we have the coaching staff in place to properly develop him?

Or

b.) Do we have the front office and ownership that you trust to bring in the right coaches to develop him?

My answer is a resounding no to both questions, therefore I think it would be wise to draft an offensive lineman instead.

Last edited:
btw we currently hold the #8 overall pick with the Browns game looming. We could slip down to teens with a win. All of the QBs worthy of being picked in the 1st round will be long gone by then.

Back
Top Bottom