:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm worried about the depth behind him for sure. Despite his hands being ordinary he's still the best vertical threat at TE in the game. Wish he would just show up.

I'm worried about the depth behind him for sure. Despite his hands being ordinary he's still the best vertical threat at TE in the game. Wish he would just show up.

What's your outlook for Vance? I thought he had a few flashes last season, like running over Sherman, but I hope he's more consistent this season.

Regarding Boone, I hope it doesn't get ugly...

"Boone signed a contract extension while a backup offensive tackle in November 2011. His deal is scheduled to pay him $8.04 million over five seasons. He is scheduled to earn $2.25 million this season and $1.45 million next season as the team’s starting right guard.

Boone fired the agent who negotiated that deal, Adam Heller, and last year hired Jonathan Feinsod and Neil Schwartz, who have engaged in bitter contract disputes with teams while representing such clients as Vincent Jackson, Darrelle Revis and Roddy White."

Link

Last edited:
Boone is locked up until 2016 when be comes a UFA so he aint going nowhere. With him MIA during minicamp it gives Jonathan Martin and Marcus Martin the chance to get work at RG.

Vance definitely didn't impress, but let's see what he can do this season before we give up on the guy.

Last edited:
Wright announced his retirement from football.

"As I prepared for the coming season, I realized that I no longer had the same passion I once had for the game," Wright said in a statement. "The San Francisco 49ers have given me an amazing opportunity to play for the team I grew up rooting for, and I owe the York family, my coaches, and my teammates tremendous gratitude. I will be forever grateful to all of the franchises I was lucky enough to play for, and look forward to beginning the next phase of my life, and spending more time with my family."

WELP.

Vance looked like he didn't know the plays sometimes. I think we can all agree Delanie Walker was missed.
Speaking of D-Love I saw him out here in San Jose a couple months ago. Dude was mobbin around in a 1970 chevelle SS. I called out his name and he tossed up the deuce. 
pimp.gif
 I miss that guy. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Delanie's vertical threat is missed. He and Moss opened up the middle of the field 2 seasons ago.

I think you guys are all out of your minds with this recent talk about Vernon.  He is an incredibly important part of our offense.  I wouldn't go crazy in giving him some huge extension, but if our front office decides they can make it work.....then why not?

As far as Vance goes, I know he is young but I feel he had some HUGE drops last year.....one that comes to mind is against the Colts.  He catches that pass late in the game, we win.  And obviously, one win was the difference between the Seahawks/Niners winning the Superbowl or not.  He needs to come to play this year.

That catch would have been against the panthers on the Road. We beat the saints period refs gave them the game that game was the difference IMO still salty

that was a hell of a throw to vance down the seam by kap.
pimp.gif
 vance gotta finish that. 
mean.gif
 even with kuechly's hand in the mix that ball should of been caught.

That catch would have been against the panthers on the Road. We beat the saints period refs gave them the game that game was the difference IMO still salty

The Panthers game was actually at home but yea, I'm still :smh: at how that Saints game unfolded. F'n had that game in the bag.

Colts game and Panthers game were ugly as hell. What both of those games really showed was how vital Vernon is to the offense even if he isn't putting up numbers. Colts doubled Anquan, stacked the box and it was a wrap. Once Vernon left the game against the Panthers, offense had like six and outs. Crabtree was also out fer both.

Just to think, if the refs hadn't bailed out the Saints in their house, we could've had home field throughout. Crowd noise wasn't even a factor in Seattle, but the zebras were. Still pissed. :smh:

Weird, I just had a dream about us playing the Panthers again and not scoring at all. Scared the crap out of me.

Last edited:
 [h1]Vic Fangio: Playing smaller will be key for Lawrence Okoye[/h1]
Posted by Mike Wilkening on June 18, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptlhywy1yjjkmjvmmzfkotkymthmmjm3zwuzzmrjzthl1-e1403142349358.jpeg
AP
49ers defensive lineman Lawrence Okoyeessentially got a redshirt year  in 2013, spending his first NFL season on injured reserve with a knee injury as he transitioned from discus thrower to football player.

The good news? Okoye has made some strides, Niners defensive coordinator Vic Fangio told reporters Wednesday. But now comes the challenge of the 2012 Olympian from England showing what he’s learned in games and practices — and earning the right to do so.

“He looks a lot better than he did last year at this time. But, we’ll see. We’ll see. He’ll get more action this year hopefully,” Fangio said, according to a transcript from the club. “Hopefully it’s easier for us to put him into some preseason games, give him some more practice reps and actually see where he’s at.”

Fangio believes the 22-year-old Okoye has made strides “understanding the game.” Also, Okoye — who stands 6-foot-6 — is playing with better leverage.

“There aren’t many guys, if you guys did any research, there aren’t many 6-5 or taller guys that are good defensive players. There’s some. But, there’s not a lot,” Fangio said. “They’ve got to be able to bend their knees and play low, and use their height to their advantage when they can. But, they’ve got to bend their knees and get them down to 6-2 when they need to. So, he’s going to have to play the game lower and use his natural ability that he does have.

“He’s an extremely strong guy. He can run. But we’ll see how he pans out.”

While this is just Okoye’s second season playing football, the Niners probably need to see some material improvement from him to keep him around for 2014. How he solves his leverage problem could be key to his future.

Last edited:
I think you guys are all out of your minds with this recent talk about Vernon.  He is an incredibly important part of our offense.  I wouldn't go crazy in giving him some huge extension, but if our front office decides they can make it work.....then why not?

As far as Vance goes, I know he is young but I feel he had some HUGE drops last year.....one that comes to mind is against the Colts.  He catches that pass late in the game, we win.  And obviously, one win was the difference between the Seahawks/Niners winning the Superbowl or not.  He needs to come to play this year.

It's not about how important he is or isn't to our offense. The point is he's getting paid what he should be getting paid and is not due for a contract. You can't give in and let dudes demand more money when their getting paid near the top of their position. It's not like he's not getting compensated fairly, he's just being selfish. If you let him get his way, it gives the green light to other players. Other guys are in line way ahead of him who are just as important.

Football is the one sport where these holdouts are the norm and its a problem on both sides.

Its hard to fault a player for trying to maximize their earnings when if they get injured or underperform the team will try to get them to restructure or in some cases try to cut them.

At the same time as a fan you want that player in camp. In this situation I feel he's getting paid fairly but hopefully everything works itself out. Last thing they need is an unnecessary distraction like that.

Back
Top Bottom