Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Bruh, cut your nails.
1333866626-014-edward-scissorhands-theredlist.jpg

Quality on solebox collabs are on another level compared to burgers. Don't even compare them to any recent collabs unless you just hopped on the bandwagon and don't know what you are talking about. Look at the pink/grey devils and all the 3 brothers pack, lucanids, all come with leather lining, quality suede, simple colorways you just can't go wrong. Burgers are just hype and gimmicky with all those accessories that's why most people want em. No offense to those who like em but it's Not something you can wear casually with that burger on the tongue, that little green in the back just a terrible looking 5000 IMO it would of been better if it wasn't all suede and with no leather lining, with that in time it's going to look terrible. I know because I've had the play cloth cotton candy all suede and the toe box shape became disformed. But that's alright we are supposed to wear our kicks and beat them up but the matter of fact is how long they going to last is what I'm coming at. Yall paying 3 times over retail for something in time ain't gona look great where as solebox collabs have been looking great through out the years since they been released. Quality over quantity/hype/gimmicky accessories/ and theme.
Damn all that man ..these joints are dope! lol ...but nah to each his own ...

Y'all get that matching crew neck?

Just kidding, I honestly don't think I'd have much trouble wearing the burgers casually, I'd have liked to get a pair, but not at the price they're going for now. Maybe if the price plummets I'll get a pair.

Y'all get that matching crew neck?

Just kidding, I honestly don't think I'd have much trouble wearing the burgers casually, I'd have liked to get a pair, but not at the price they're going for now. Maybe if the price plummets I'll get a pair.
:lol: that would definitely be overkill.

the burgers can definitely be worn casually, but to me its not an everyday shoe. its something that you pull out once in a while.

If they were cheaper I'd def. grab two pairs. One to pull out on occasions and one to beat down. 

I dont think the colorway is obnoxious and the materials are just top notch. 

If they were cheaper I'd def. grab two pairs. One to pull out on occasions and one to beat down. 

I dont think the colorway is obnoxious and the materials are just top notch. 

Repped by the way on that post towards me :smile:

...and wearing the Burgers to a BBQ would only be fitting.

Burgers aren't terrible, but I think the solebox and coral drop prior, people easily just don't show respect for on these past 5k collabs.  Mostly due to the fact they have just hopped on. I should leave #teamretail and try to cop  corals before they disappear. Crazy how after premier drop all these bodega elites are gone from ebay in my sz. Just GR's from deebok.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

I see them mainly as a collectors piece or something like that.

If I had a pair I think I'd buy one of them transparent cases and use them as a display piece 
laugh.gif

I'd do a burger restaurant theme inside, something similar to how these jordans have a basketball theme 

I obviously wouldn't buy them just to do this tho, but would be pretty cool imo

I see them mainly as a collectors piece or something like that.

If I had a pair I think I'd buy one of them transparent cases and use them as a display piece 
laugh.gif

I'd do a burger restaurant theme inside, something similar to how these jordans have a basketball theme 

I obviously wouldn't buy them just to do this tho, but would be pretty cool imo
Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Quality on solebox collabs are on another level compared to burgers. Don't even compare them to any recent collabs unless you just hopped on the bandwagon and don't know what you are talking about. Look at the pink/grey devils and all the 3 brothers pack, lucanids, all come with leather lining, quality suede, simple colorways you just can't go wrong. Burgers are just hype and gimmicky with all those accessories that's why most people want em. No offense to those who like em but it's Not something you can wear casually with that burger on the tongue, that little green in the back just a terrible looking 5000 IMO it would of been better if it wasn't all suede and with no leather lining, with that in time it's going to look terrible. I know because I've had the play cloth cotton candy all suede and the toe box shape became disformed. But that's alright we are supposed to wear our kicks and beat them up but the matter of fact is how long they going to last is what I'm coming at. Yall paying 3 times over retail for something in time ain't gona look great where as solebox collabs have been looking great through out the years since they been released. Quality over quantity/hype/gimmicky accessories/ and theme.
this x1000. This was the biggest pass ever and a VERY good case study on what hype can do to kids.  Everybody buying these gross burgers "to rock". yet nobody has opened the other laces lol. I got shoes I havent worn but im not lying to myself about it and its out of love that i dont. My overkill kangaroos look too good to wear. period. 

These two dudes getting too comfortable. 
mean.gif

Figured I'd post  another pair of sauconys while I got the camera out.

happy.gif

Ain't nobody got time for you. 

Blocked.

How are materials on the anteaters compared to burgers btw? Any first hand opinions?

These two dudes getting too comfortable. :smh:

Figured I'd post  another pair of sauconys while I got the camera out.

:D

This is around the time when I feel that Bodega lost the plot. Up until this wave I felt that every single release was worth buying, but when they did the Master Controls you had 2 really strong releases and then this one. Materials were great, but the blocking just seemed really off. And then when they started doing the remixes with the soles (all those g9 pairs) I started skipping the releases outright.

Phase 1 and phase 2 bodegas hands down were there best work. Can't believe they sat early last year and then all gone. Was never a big fan of the master controls and the G9s as well. Captain purps had the hype that time because it was limited to 80 some pairs or else no one would buy thus same going for the burgers put a limited # on a pair of kicks dudes think they need to have it, I doubt anyone would cop if they didn't come with those pins or those lace bags that no one seems to even open. People would Of slept

Last edited:

this x1000. This was the biggest pass ever and a VERY good case study on what hype can do to kids.  Everybody buying these gross burgers "to rock". yet nobody has opened the other laces lol. I got shoes I havent worn but im not lying to myself about it and its out of love that i dont. My overkill kangaroos look too good to wear. period. 
Phase 1 and phase 2 bodegas hands down were there best work. Can't believe they sat early last year and then all gone. Was never a big fan of the master controls and the G9s as well. Captain purps had the hype that time because it was limited to 80 some pairs or else no one would buy thus same going for the burgers put a limited # on a pair of kicks dudes think they need to have it, I doubt anyone would cop if they didn't come with those pins or those lace bags that no one seems to even open. People would Of slept
I would have copped the burgers without all the extras ...I think the shoe is downright fire ...The colors pop the suede is money ..I opened everything and wore them out the day they arrived.  That is just me though ..I dont stock or collect anything.  I do however agree with you to some extent.

Mayo laces are a little disappointing. 

Can't say I was exactly expecting anything different than a white lace though. Mustard would have been cool. 

Ok I'm going to be THAT guy. 

Anyone know if END holds pairs while they're in the cart? I took a little too much time checking out while buying the orange three brothers (I was at work) and when I got back from paying with PayPal (which went through) I got a message that said the size was sold out.

I got an email confirmation with order number and PayPal confirmation, but that threw me off. Really want this pair to go along with my pinks. 

They should have used FANCY MAYO and put in off white laces with a sort of olive tone.

Ok I'm going to be THAT guy. 

Anyone know if END holds pairs while they're in the cart? I took a little too much time checking out while buying the orange three brothers (I was at work) and when I got back from paying with PayPal (which went through) I got a message that said the size was sold out.

I got an email confirmation with order number and PayPal confirmation, but that threw me off. Really want this pair to go along with my pinks. 
End often cancel orders, so you won't know until you receive tracking info I'm afraid.

Best bet is to contact End through there online chat. Really helpful people that will help you out

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/contacts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom